in Suffolk County Community College that teach Education Edit
are you Alan Weber?

1 Professor's Note
01/03/2014
good
EDU101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome!!!

09/04/2013
good
EDU101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Weber is one of the best professors I've had the pleasure of taking. He is knowledgeable, articulate and if you pay attention you will do well in his classes. Others might complain his teachings are opinionated, but ten out of ten times he is spot on. He has plenty of facts and data to back his "opinions" up.

09/04/2013
good
EDU101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: WD

Excellent teacher with a wealth of knowledge and a huge heart. Absolutely the best teacher I've ever had and I feel privileged to know him. Clear, passionate, sincere, and inspiring, I learned more in his class than in all my others combined. If you have the oppurtunity, take his class. He is simply wonderful.

05/24/2013
good
Edu103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is part lecture part hands on fun. Weber is so friendly and approachable. He really cares about the future of the field. the grades in this class come from your observations. No tests, just grades on reading out loud like you would to children. The class really is interesting and engaging. I wouldn't want to take 103 or 102 without him.

05/24/2013
good
Edu101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Weber is a great guy. He really honestly cares about the material and has experience in working with children. He is lenient with due dates. His tests are short essay tests, and his edu103 class was an easy ride. He is such a personable and sensible person, deal with the lectures, and you'll be happy you took him. You will learn a lot.

05/18/2013
good
Edu 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He was awesome very understanding. You have to open your mouth and make the lecture class not only the professor talking. I loved his opinions and his optimism on the future of early childhood education. Defenitly a must Have professor..

04/14/2013
good
EDU 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

LOVED his class. Very interesting and smart. Would definitely take another class with him.

06/27/2012
edu101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Good prof. really cares about children but is very opinionated. If he doesn't agree with your opinion he gives you an unfair grade. 101 is boring but you do learn a lot

05/17/2012
good
EDU101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

awesome prof and class Highly recommend

04/17/2012
good
edu101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Love his class. The first time I took him(EDU101), thought was boring but picked up after a couple of sessions. I have him for EDU 103. Hard grader, but fair. Makes you really think if you are in the right program of study. He is very informative on current issues in school sys. Can be funny at times. I have high admiration for him.

Posted on: 09/25/13
Last Updated:

I'm semi-retired now, teaching 1 course a semester. But I'm still always available by email. The field needs people who want to make a difference, give their best and help fix its many problems. I'd like to believe I've done my part. A theory class has to be "lectury," but when students talk, it becomes a dialogue, or a chance for me to help them.