Nicholas Calvanico at Lehigh Carbon Community College

Nicholas Calvanico

Number of ratings 20 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/25/13

CHE106

Dr Calvanico has the expectation you will become a biochemist by the time you complete this course. As far as I'm concerned, going to school for nursing, I need to know BASIC chemistry. The homework assigned will take you entirely too much time and it will tell you you're wrong although you're right. I had a 4.0 before this class.

6/14/12

Chem135

Dr. C relies too much on mastering chem to teach.The time it takes to do the problems is very lengthy and frustrating. Him "Dumbing"down class simply means he needs to simplify his teaching methods. he needs to understand that this class is a BASIC chem class. 9 students=3 passing=it is him not the class. Read other reviews.

6/13/12

chem135

Dr C is very knowledgeable in chemistry which makes it hard for him to dumb the class down for students who are not knowledgeable in chemistry. If you do all the hw problems he assigns you should do good in his class, but you will have to work your butt off.

5/12/12

CHE106

Alot of very difficult material presented in a short amount of time. Intelligent professor. I found him to be intimidating at first but after seeking help via email and pre-/post-lab, he's a nice guy willing to do what he can to help you. He extended hw assignments on several occasions and even offered plenty of extra credit opportunities.

9/15/10

Chem106

Dr calvanico is a very good chemist, but he needs to do something other than teaching. He is very unclear with what he teaches and he moves very fast. If you do bad he'll make you feel really bad about yourself. He pulled me aside asking me if I care about school and made me cry.

8/7/10

CHE106

I want to shoot myself everytime I come to class. Follow the textbook - it explains things better. Lectures are fast and unclear. He also does not care for those who struggle with chemistry. Smart man - horrible teacher. When we ask him questions in class, he laughs and makes everyone feel like they are stupid. The room isnt big enough for his ego.

5/16/10

chem106

Dr. Calvanico is an amazing chemist but a horrible teacher. He gets frustrated easily and gets annoyed when students do not understand. He doesn't teach chapters in order and adds questions to the tests about things he doesn't even go over. He is horrible. Do NOT take him.

9/17/09

CHE106

I took Chem 106 with him 2 years ago and I failed. When I signed up to take the class again this fall I told them I did not want the same professor. I happened to get Goldberg and I AM SO GLAD for that. Mr. C. was really nice but I dont think he really cares to teach much anymore, he just seems very uninterested to teach. Goldberg is wayyy better!

2/23/09

CHEM106

He can't teach his way out of a wet paper bag. He has the knowledge but its usless because he CAN NOT TEACH! He goes through the chapters way to fast. He gets frustrated if you don't understand something. He is DIFFICULT, if you want to pass this class do not take him.

1/20/09

CHEM106

Difficult, difficult, difficult. Although Dr. Calvanico is a brilliant man, he can't teach. I found him to be more helpful in lab than in lecture. He talked way over everyone's head and didn't know how to explain things to someone who has never had chemistry.

11/12/08

CHEM106

HE IS VERY SERIOUS AND HIS LECTURES TEND TO BE BORING. THE CLASS IS HARD AND HIS TEST ARE SPECIALLY DIFFICULT, THEY ARE DESIGNED TO CONFUSE YOU! BUT HE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE AFTER CLASS TO HELP YOU.

4/26/07

Chem106

I love Dr. Calvanico. I'm not doing that great in his class lol, but he's really nice. He's always willing to help his students. Chemistry is not easy, don't blame Dr. C for your lack of understanding the subject.

11/1/06

che106

I have Dr. Calvanico for both lecture and lab. This CLASS is not easy. Dr. C's style of teaching in lecture may be difficult to follow. He is a brilliant man. He was a biochemist involved in research - there is a plethora of knowledge there, if one only avails themself to it. He does make himself available to his students and if his style is n

5/4/06

Chem 106

HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! DONT EVER TAKE HIM!!!! HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO TEACH!!!

3/23/06

LAB 105

THE WORSE PROFESSOR EVER, HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS. SEEING TO ME THAT HE IS IN LCCC JUST FOR THE MONEY.HE DOES NOT HAVE SKILL TO TEACH.

3/21/06

Chem 106

Please, please do not take this man! This is my first semester and I had nobody to warn me, I am warning you all...DO NOT TAKE THIS "ROF"

4/17/05

CHEM 106

I felt as though the class was taken over by Satan. He spent more time on the history of chem instead of the actual facts we needed to know. His tests are rediculus and is not based on the material. I agree, he is teaching for something to do, he needs to retire!

10/7/04

chemistry

I wish I would've known about this site before I signed up for his class. I agree with everything said so far. He is very smart man, who can not teach. I am so lost. I just failed the first exam which was the hardest test I have ever taken!

7/28/04

CHE 106

Rater Interest

I Agree w/ previous comment. He's only doing teaching for something to do instead of retiring. Was a chemist, not a teacher. Doesn't know HOW to teach. Nice man, not nice lecture. BORING. People tune him out after a while (11/30 people in class agreed).

5/18/03

CHEM 106L

Rater Interest

He gets frustrated when students do not understand the concepts and is not able to explain them in graspable terms. He plays favorites if he thinks you know what you're doing. His quizes are ridiculously hard and about the experiment-not the concepts.

More Chemistry professors at Lehigh Carbon Community College