in Lehigh Carbon Community College that teach Chemistry Edit
Nicholas Calvanico
Professor in the Chemistry department
at Lehigh Carbon Community College, Schnecksville, PA
are you Nicholas Calvanico?
1.2

01/25/2013
CHE106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr Calvanico has the expectation you will become a biochemist by the time you complete this course. As far as I'm concerned, going to school for nursing, I need to know BASIC chemistry. The homework assigned will take you entirely too much time and it will tell you you're wrong although you're right. I had a 4.0 before this class.

06/14/2012
Chem135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. C relies too much on mastering chem to teach.The time it takes to do the problems is very lengthy and frustrating. Him "Dumbing"down class simply means he needs to simplify his teaching methods. he needs to understand that this class is a BASIC chem class. 9 students=3 passing=it is him not the class. Read other reviews.

06/13/2012
good
chem135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr C is very knowledgeable in chemistry which makes it hard for him to dumb the class down for students who are not knowledgeable in chemistry. If you do all the hw problems he assigns you should do good in his class, but you will have to work your butt off.

05/12/2012
good

Alot of very difficult material presented in a short amount of time. Intelligent professor. I found him to be intimidating at first but after seeking help via email and pre-/post-lab, he's a nice guy willing to do what he can to help you. He extended hw assignments on several occasions and even offered plenty of extra credit opportunities.

09/15/2010
Chem106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr calvanico is a very good chemist, but he needs to do something other than teaching. He is very unclear with what he teaches and he moves very fast. If you do bad he'll make you feel really bad about yourself. He pulled me aside asking me if I care about school and made me cry.

08/07/2010
CHE106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I want to shoot myself everytime I come to class. Follow the textbook - it explains things better. Lectures are fast and unclear. He also does not care for those who struggle with chemistry. Smart man - horrible teacher. When we ask him questions in class, he laughs and makes everyone feel like they are stupid. The room isnt big enough for his ego.

05/16/2010
chem106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Calvanico is an amazing chemist but a horrible teacher. He gets frustrated easily and gets annoyed when students do not understand. He doesn't teach chapters in order and adds questions to the tests about things he doesn't even go over. He is horrible. Do NOT take him.

09/17/2009

I took Chem 106 with him 2 years ago and I failed. When I signed up to take the class again this fall I told them I did not want the same professor. I happened to get Goldberg and I AM SO GLAD for that. Mr. C. was really nice but I dont think he really cares to teach much anymore, he just seems very uninterested to teach. Goldberg is wayyy better!

02/23/2009
CHEM106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He can't teach his way out of a wet paper bag. He has the knowledge but its usless because he CAN NOT TEACH! He goes through the chapters way to fast. He gets frustrated if you don't understand something. He is DIFFICULT, if you want to pass this class do not take him.

01/20/2009
CHEM106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Difficult, difficult, difficult. Although Dr. Calvanico is a brilliant man, he can't teach. I found him to be more helpful in lab than in lecture. He talked way over everyone's head and didn't know how to explain things to someone who has never had chemistry.

11/12/2008
CHEM106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HE IS VERY SERIOUS AND HIS LECTURES TEND TO BE BORING. THE CLASS IS HARD AND HIS TEST ARE SPECIALLY DIFFICULT, THEY ARE DESIGNED TO CONFUSE YOU! BUT HE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE AFTER CLASS TO HELP YOU.

04/26/2007
good
Chem106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I love Dr. Calvanico. I'm not doing that great in his class lol, but he's really nice. He's always willing to help his students. Chemistry is not easy, don't blame Dr. C for your lack of understanding the subject.

11/01/2006
good
che106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have Dr. Calvanico for both lecture and lab. This CLASS is not easy. Dr. C's style of teaching in lecture may be difficult to follow. He is a brilliant man. He was a biochemist involved in research - there is a plethora of knowledge there, if one only avails themself to it. He does make himself available to his students and if his style is n

05/04/2006
Chem 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! DONT EVER TAKE HIM!!!! HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO TEACH!!!

03/23/2006
LAB 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

THE WORSE PROFESSOR EVER, HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS. SEEING TO ME THAT HE IS IN LCCC JUST FOR THE MONEY.HE DOES NOT HAVE SKILL TO TEACH.

03/21/2006
Chem 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Please, please do not take this man! This is my first semester and I had nobody to warn me, I am warning you all...DO NOT TAKE THIS "ROF"

04/17/2005
CHEM 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I felt as though the class was taken over by Satan. He spent more time on the history of chem instead of the actual facts we needed to know. His tests are rediculus and is not based on the material. I agree, he is teaching for something to do, he needs to retire!

10/07/2004
chemistry Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I wish I would've known about this site before I signed up for his class. I agree with everything said so far. He is very smart man, who can not teach. I am so lost. I just failed the first exam which was the hardest test I have ever taken!

07/28/2004
CHE 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I Agree w/ previous comment. He's only doing teaching for something to do instead of retiring. Was a chemist, not a teacher. Doesn't know HOW to teach. Nice man, not nice lecture. BORING. People tune him out after a while (11/30 people in class agreed).

05/18/2003
CHEM 106L Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He gets frustrated when students do not understand the concepts and is not able to explain them in graspable terms. He plays favorites if he thinks you know what you're doing. His quizes are ridiculously hard and about the experiment-not the concepts.