in Virginia Tech that teach Psychology Edit
at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
are you Kurt Hoffman?

03/25/2014
good
psyc 2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Such an amazing professor! He is extremely nice and helpful.

03/19/2014
good
PSYC 2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is an amazing teacher. He is not only helpful with questions related to class material, but any other questions he is more than willing to help with. He's so nice and funny during class.

05/07/2011
good
PSYCH2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hoffman is amazing. He makes the scientific side of Psychology really interesting and explains things really well. If you study his powerpoints (which aren't difficult to understand or time-consuming) and the study guides, you'll get an A easily.

07/07/2009
good
PSYC2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He knows his material. But I found his tests very difficult. Being that the class mainly based on tests, I found it very frustating when I would study for hours for his tests and only managed to get a C. I found his tests are the type of test where you think you did really well but then in actuality, you did average.

12/01/2008
good
Psyc2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite professor I have had since being at tech. He has the best sense of humor and teaches the material so well. He is so helpful and his tests are easy! Just go to class and you'll get an A.

04/22/2008
good
PSYC2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hoffman is amazing! He's a great teacher and it makes you want to come to class. He makes the material interesting and you want to learn more. I had him for Intro. Psych...I advise you take this class!

12/10/2007
good
PSYC2044 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Had him for Senior Seminar, Animal Behavior and Pysch of Learning. Very fair Professor who is always willing to help understand the material. The tests are not too difficult if you go to class and pay attention. Makes the lectures more interesting than some others so I hear. Overall he's the best to take for any class!

04/24/2007
good
Phsy2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Real cool teacher. Enjoy the time u have with him because if you have Geller, you'll see the difference. Studying slides is all you need to ace his tests. I didnt even touch the book for him.

12/22/2006
good
PSyC4364 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is probably the best teacher at tech!! He is very helpful, understanding, and patient with his students. One of the best class i have ever taken!

10/13/2006
good
psyc2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the most patient, understanding, helpful person I have ever come in contact with. I go to his office hours just to talk sometimes and he's totally cool about it. He's my advisor now and he always knows what he's doing, is willing to take his time to help you, and gives the best advice!!

04/23/2006
good
Intro to Psycho Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the nicest teachers ever!! I recommend his class

03/23/2006
good
PSYC 2004 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Most of his lectures are very interesting. Tests are very easy if you study the notes. He's one of my favorite professors at Virginia Tech. I highly recommend him.

07/29/2005
good
Psych O Learn Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Quite possibly my favorite professor at VT yet. He knew his stuff very well. Nobody should have a problem getting an A in this class if you're even somewhat committed.

06/05/2005
good
PSYC 2044 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Hoffman is a very nice person that gives all the help you need for his class. However, you won't need much help, because the material is very easy, and he posts everything you need to know online.

04/17/2005
good
psychology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best at Tech. Easy to relate to and funny.

05/28/2004
good
4?&#63 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

The best teacher I have ever had.If you need a writing intensive, take his class.

03/11/2004
good
psych Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I had the pleasure of taking 3 of Kurt's classes his first year at VT. His extensive knowledge in psych, straight forward teaching style, kindness, and concern for his students made him my favorite professor. It was a privelege to be his student.

12/10/2003
good
Psychology Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful individual, who is genuinely concerned about students doing well in his classes, and is passionate about his job; he takes it very seriously and I'm lucky to have had him as an instructor.