in Duquesne University that teach English Edit
at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
are you Albert Labriola?

07/27/2011
good
Shake411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I will always remember his kindness. My father died 3 weeks before finals and I lived out of state. When I returned,we met in his office and we discussed all the tragedies, contrasting and comparing. That was my final. He said he knew I could write so there was no reason to study and sit through an exam. An excellent teacher, a compassionate man.

11/24/2010
good
engl100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sadly, Dr. Labriola has passed away. He was a gentleman and a scholar. His students were honored to have known him.

10/29/2007
good
Milto2222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was an English major at Duquesne and graduated in 1981. Dr. Al was everything back then that the young people here are describing. I even attended his Shakespeare Film Festival years later and participated in his group discussions. He hadn't forgotten me and was engaging as ever. What a scholar, teacher, and gentlemen. He is the best!

09/26/2006
good
Eng1234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Labriola was absolutely the best instructor I've ever had. I am currently a high school English teacher, and believe he had a lot to do with my ability to teach young adults so effectively. My ability to write descriptively improved greatly during my time in his class. He truly wants his students to be successful.

05/08/2006
good
Shakespeare Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Al gives you a fair amount of work. But none of that matters, because you want to do it for him. He makes everything clear and easy to understand. He's very personable and wants you to succeed. Really knows his stuff. I've never been so interested during a class, even when I took it in the summer and had it for 4+ hours a day for 3 weeks.

01/04/2006
good
ENG 515 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had the course of a lifetime, Milton with Dr. Labriola. It was very challenging, but he motivated us to do super amounts of work, all of it useful in the long run. What a teacher; he's reputed to be one of the very best Miltonists on the planet, and the course proved it to me!

11/15/2005
good
Grad. Milton Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If there's a better English professor than Dr. Labriola, I haven't found him or her. He's upbeat, keenly interested in students, clear in his explanations, and absolutely tops in his knowledge of the subject matter. AWESOME!

09/26/2005
good
English 300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Labriola is one of the best teachers at Duquesne. You learn a lot from him as well as are interested throughout the entire class.

04/15/2005
good
World Lit. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Al is witty, kind, and extremely intelligent. He is the best professor at Duquesne!

03/02/2005
good
Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. AL the kiddies pal... way to be! GREAT prof. Take if you can!

11/29/2004
good
Shakespeare Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very thorough and interesting. Great whit!

11/10/2004
good
Honors English Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr Labriola from 1981-1984, from Honor English through Milton Studies. He made my entire college experience, and when I decided to take a semester off at another college, he went up to bat and got me accepted through his recommendation. An incredible teacher and a noteworthy scholar.

10/15/2004
good
Shakes. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Labriola is the best!!!

05/09/2004
good
IHP 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Al the kiddie's pal was one of the best teachers i ever had! He always knew how to make class interesting!

04/21/2004
good
SHAKESPEAR Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I miss Dr L. I took quite a few of his courses during my time at Duquesne from '92-97, and he has to be one of the best professors I have ever had.

03/24/2004
good
ENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

The best English Prof I have ever had.

02/09/2004
good
shakespear Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Al is the very best professor in the DU English Dept. He is not only the authority on just about everything--he is also an incredible teacher. His approach makes matieral clear and accessible.

12/15/2003
good

Dr. Al was the best class that I had this semester. He made my transition into the college atmosphere a lot easier and helped me actually be able to understand Shakespeare. He is one of those teachers that you can tell actually cares.

12/08/2003
good

I cried when the course was over because the professor is super.

11/29/2003
good
Eng 411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

The class is v. challenging, but Dr. Al works as hard as we do. For every play by Shak., we have quizzes, but he returns them at the v. next class (we have 40 students). He makes lots of comments on term papers and returns them quickly.