Albert Labriola at Duquesne University

Albert Labriola

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/27/11

Shake411

I will always remember his kindness. My father died 3 weeks before finals and I lived out of state. When I returned,we met in his office and we discussed all the tragedies, contrasting and comparing. That was my final. He said he knew I could write so there was no reason to study and sit through an exam. An excellent teacher, a compassionate man.

11/24/10

engl100

Sadly, Dr. Labriola has passed away. He was a gentleman and a scholar. His students were honored to have known him.

10/29/07

Milto2222

I was an English major at Duquesne and graduated in 1981. Dr. Al was everything back then that the young people here are describing. I even attended his Shakespeare Film Festival years later and participated in his group discussions. He hadn't forgotten me and was engaging as ever. What a scholar, teacher, and gentlemen. He is the best!

9/26/06

Eng1234

Dr. Labriola was absolutely the best instructor I've ever had. I am currently a high school English teacher, and believe he had a lot to do with my ability to teach young adults so effectively. My ability to write descriptively improved greatly during my time in his class. He truly wants his students to be successful.

5/8/06

Shakespeare

Dr. Al gives you a fair amount of work. But none of that matters, because you want to do it for him. He makes everything clear and easy to understand. He's very personable and wants you to succeed. Really knows his stuff. I've never been so interested during a class, even when I took it in the summer and had it for 4+ hours a day for 3 weeks.

1/4/06

ENG 515

I had the course of a lifetime, Milton with Dr. Labriola. It was very challenging, but he motivated us to do super amounts of work, all of it useful in the long run. What a teacher; he's reputed to be one of the very best Miltonists on the planet, and the course proved it to me!

11/15/05

Grad. Milton

If there's a better English professor than Dr. Labriola, I haven't found him or her. He's upbeat, keenly interested in students, clear in his explanations, and absolutely tops in his knowledge of the subject matter. AWESOME!

9/26/05

English 300

Dr. Labriola is one of the best teachers at Duquesne. You learn a lot from him as well as are interested throughout the entire class.

4/15/05

World Lit.

Dr. Al is witty, kind, and extremely intelligent. He is the best professor at Duquesne!

3/2/05

Eng

Dr. AL the kiddies pal... way to be! GREAT prof. Take if you can!

11/29/04

Shakespeare

Very thorough and interesting. Great whit!

11/10/04

Honors English

I had Dr Labriola from 1981-1984, from Honor English through Milton Studies. He made my entire college experience, and when I decided to take a semester off at another college, he went up to bat and got me accepted through his recommendation. An incredible teacher and a noteworthy scholar.

10/15/04

Shakes.

Dr. Labriola is the best!!!

5/9/04

Rater Interest

Dr. Al the kiddie's pal was one of the best teachers i ever had! He always knew how to make class interesting!

4/21/04

SHAKESPEAR

Rater Interest

I miss Dr L. I took quite a few of his courses during my time at Duquesne from '92-97, and he has to be one of the best professors I have ever had.

3/24/04

ENG

Rater Interest

The best English Prof I have ever had.

2/9/04

shakespear

Rater Interest

Dr. Al is the very best professor in the DU English Dept. He is not only the authority on just about everything--he is also an incredible teacher. His approach makes matieral clear and accessible.

12/15/03

Rater Interest

Dr. Al was the best class that I had this semester. He made my transition into the college atmosphere a lot easier and helped me actually be able to understand Shakespeare. He is one of those teachers that you can tell actually cares.

12/8/03

Rater Interest

I cried when the course was over because the professor is super.

11/29/03

Eng 411

Rater Interest

The class is v. challenging, but Dr. Al works as hard as we do. For every play by Shak., we have quizzes, but he returns them at the v. next class (we have 40 students). He makes lots of comments on term papers and returns them quickly.

More English professors at Duquesne University