in Duquesne University that teach English Edit
at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
are you Albert Labriola?

07/27/2011
good
Shake411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I will always remember his kindness. My father died 3 weeks before finals and I lived out of state. When I returned,we met in his office and we discussed all the tragedies, contrasting and comparing. That was my final. He said he knew I could write so there was no reason to study and sit through an exam. An excellent teacher, a compassionate man.

11/24/2010
good
engl100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sadly, Dr. Labriola has passed away. He was a gentleman and a scholar. His students were honored to have known him.

10/29/2007
good
Milto2222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was an English major at Duquesne and graduated in 1981. Dr. Al was everything back then that the young people here are describing. I even attended his Shakespeare Film Festival years later and participated in his group discussions. He hadn't forgotten me and was engaging as ever. What a scholar, teacher, and gentlemen. He is the best!

09/26/2006
good
Eng1234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Labriola was absolutely the best instructor I've ever had. I am currently a high school English teacher, and believe he had a lot to do with my ability to teach young adults so effectively. My ability to write descriptively improved greatly during my time in his class. He truly wants his students to be successful.

05/08/2006
good
Shakespeare Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Al gives you a fair amount of work. But none of that matters, because you want to do it for him. He makes everything clear and easy to understand. He's very personable and wants you to succeed. Really knows his stuff. I've never been so interested during a class, even when I took it in the summer and had it for 4+ hours a day for 3 weeks.