in California State University Stanislaus that teach English Edit

09/30/2013
good
ENGL 3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is freakishly hard, but he is definitely awesome. I've taken in a lot from the course. I love class discussions and participation; it forces me to think outside of the box. His lectures may seem to go astray sometimes, but it will tie right back into the lesson, which keeps me interested. Hard class but well worth it. READ!

06/03/2013
english 3550 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was not very fun to take. It is a two semester class with physics in it. The amount of work they give is ridiculous and they expect you to have read a book in a weeks time. I managed to get a B but it was not an interesting class.

05/29/2013
good
ENGL 3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Davis is hands-down one of the best. Students expecting their education to be handed to them don't like him. Neither do students who balk at critical thinking or teachers that question their answers. Davis isn't questioning to make you feel dumb, he's questioning cause he's curious, & he wants you to think through things. Would take class again.

05/22/2013
Engl 3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have taken a few classes with Davis. He is really out there with his lectures. He seems to be making it up as he goes along and relies on class comments to keep going. He can make people feel stupid and unworthy of being in his classroom.

03/09/2013
good
ENGL 3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

At the beginning of the semester, I felt totally lost & was sure I was going to fail the class. But after I started going to his office hrs, Dr. Davis really took the time to help me succeed in the class. I passed with a B+ and came out a stronger writer and I'm so glad I took 3150 with him!

02/18/2013
Engli3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Davis was an ok instructor. This was his first time teaching 3150 so we were his guinea pigs. It wasn't a bad class, but was a little more intense than I expected. Reading/papers not spread out. Not enough time to absorb all the material. Tests, quizzes were tough. I got B's on my papers, but because of the quizzes/tests, I wound up with a C+.

10/12/2012
ENGL3150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have never been so uncomfortable with one of my professors before. His shirt is always unbuttoned so you can see his chest... I am looking forward to never taking a class with this professor ever again. How is he the department chair?? Class is overall ok, kinda boring and Davis tries to act "cool." The book is a must for this class.

05/21/2012
good
ENGL1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Quizzes were sometimes tricky. You need to read! The class was boring but it gets fun when you perform a skit & do the poem recitation. It isn't that easy of a class, but Dr. Davis is kinda hot & has interesting things to say.

12/20/2011
good
Engl1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Davis was one of my favorite professors this semester! You need to attend class because he will give you random quizzes at any time but usually they are open notes. I really learned a lot from him and loved taking his class!

11/29/2011
good
Engl3550 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class really stretched me to write at a higher level than I was used to. Profesor Davis is excited about his passion for the written word. Long class but worth it.