Marnie Jones at University of North Florida

Marnie Jones

Number of ratings 39 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

4/14/14

LT 3213

I loved Jones as a prof. Her class was 1/2 online and 1/2 in class, so we didn't have to go on both days every week. We read Bleak House which starts boring but gets interesting 1/3 way through. We had an online discussion post and journal every week, but she's a great professor that only wants to see you succeed. I would take her 100x over!

4/13/14

LIT 3503

Grade ReceivedB

The class was only difficult because the Professor is extremely unclear when it comes to what she is looking for in your discussion posts. I would write exactly what the prompt asked and she would give me half credit because she wanted me to write about something different.

12/7/13

ENL 3503

Dr. Jones is not an easy teacher, but if you want to really learn about literature then take her class. She's intelligent, helpful, and has the best distance learning setup I've seen. She cares about what she's doing, and she puts the effort into making the course an excellent one. Wonderful professor!

6/25/11

LIT4243

Took her for Major Authors:Austen. I was not a fan of Austen, but by the end this class won me over. Dr. Jones is EXTREMELY helpful and wants everyone to do well. She took a lot of time trying to get us through the material and to help students expound on ideas for essays. Great professor who knows her stuff. Take her if she teaches again.

6/24/07

ENC1101

At first I didn't like her but after a little while I loved her. She's not easy but she pushed you to do your best. She knows her stuff too! She made class fun because she teaches with a lot of excitement. If you take it, you'll get what you came for.

5/21/07

LIT4934

Celtic Spirituality. Not only is an interesting subject, but Dr. Jones made it more interesting! She pushes you to do your best and unlike some English professors she leaves you with lasting knowledge!

8/10/06

LIT 4934

This was my first and only class with Dr. Jones. She was very organized and straight forward. I made an A- in her class, but I was also prepared for class. DO THE READING!

6/20/06

IDH 1000

tough but fair.

4/27/06

LIT 3333

Excellent Teacher. Very clear about expectations. Very helpful. If she feels you are slacking off or presenting ideas in class that you have not gave much though to, her disdain is quite clear. The class is very interesting with many opportunities to show your brilliance. Stay on top of the reading because she quizzes with elaborate questions.

4/24/06

Coastal Forts

This class was terrible. I hear she's better for English, but this 6 hour class was a constant headache and the trips were completely unenjoyable

12/11/05

Major Authors

I took Professor Jones for a class in Jane Austen. Dr. Jones made Austen come alive for me. She is demanding, I won't lie, but her expectations push you to do more. You want to do well in her class and earn her respect. I simply can't praise her enough for her style, her content knowledge, and her ability to lead disucssions. A real facilitator!

12/1/05

ENL 3132

Dr. Jones is a wonderful instructor! She expects 100% out of her students, but is very open to helping in any way she can. She is passionate about her field and is truly an asset to UNF. I recommend her to anyone serious about English classes.

11/14/05

Lit

Excellent teacher--really helps students to learn and to succeed in class.

11/11/05

Lit4930

She is a good teacher, sometimes she isn't clear in her explanations. Her classes require a lot of work, but if you work hard, you will do well. I enjoyed her overall.

11/2/05

Victorian Lit

Dr. Jones is a fantastic teacher, for students who are interested in really learning the material. Beyond being truly dedicated and insightful, she arranges her classes in an absolutely beautiful manner that encourages students to use their full potential, and produce work that they are truly proud of.

10/8/05

celtic sem

I've had her twice, and I thought she was great overall. Not an easy class, but you'll learn a lot. She expects a lot from her students. Dr. Jones is energetic and excited about the subjects she teaches, which kept me interested. She definitely had grumpy days, but everyone's human, you know. Take her senior seminar on Celtic Spirituality...it's really not what you think, and I LOVED it!

9/15/05

Adolescent Lit

Amazing teacher. This has been my favorite english class ever, and I'm an english major. I just can't say enough good things about her. I never noticed her picking favorites or anything like that. She was awesome.

8/24/05

Adolesent Lit

This lady taught me how to read....I mean she taught me how to "mine the gold" I've used the skills she developed in every class since. She's kinda escentric and some people didn't like the teaching style, but I thought she was brilliant

8/13/05

Austen

The Jane Austen graduate course was great. Dr. Jones developed an incredibly well balanced course. We had thought provoking and "lively" class discussions plus a good amount of theory in context with Austen's novels (which covered 18thc on up to modern gender theory). I really got a lot out of this course--especially not having read Austen befor

8/9/05

Intro to Lit

Not the easiest teacher and certainly has high expectations of what she expects her students to be capable of. What I liked about her was that she was into the subject matter. She cares about what shes teaching and wants you to care as well. Her class was highly engaging and interesting. As long as you read, write and go to class, you'll be fine.

More English professors at University of North Florida