in University of North Florida that teach English Edit
are you Marnie Jones?
C+
11/15/2014
good
ENL 3503 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Inspirational" "Gives good feedback" "Get ready to read"

The couse design is creative and the books work well. Loved Barnes. Not a fan of online classes but I actually like this one because the video, audio, & really immediate feedback makes it feel like an on campus class

11/13/2014
good
3132 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Clear grading criteria" "Inspirational" "Tests? Not many"

Dr. Jones is very excited about teaching, which made this topic more interesting. In this course we read four books (like Frankenstein) and talked about them. I created two WIKI's and we have a final exam where you can use your notes, so take good ones as she writes them on the board. + NO RESEARCH PAPERTHE HAPPY DANCE :)

11/03/2014
good
ENL 3132 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: Not sure yet

I have taken Dr. Jones 3 times now and wish I wasn't graduating just so I could take her again! She is an all-around awesome professor and there are never dull moments in her classes bc instead of a boring lecture she instigates fun discussions where she welcomes and values everybody's input. She is understanding and genuinely cares about her students and their success, she is always willing to meet afterbefore class or in office hours. Her expectaions are clear and the courseload is never overwhelming. I would STRONGLY reccommend taking any class offered by her, I absolutely loved her Ad. Lit, Art of Critical Thinking, and Periods of Later Brit. Lit. courses!

04/30/2014
good
ENL 3503 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very nice and does her best to be helpful, but I had a lot of trouble in this class. I pride myself on doing well in school and knowing what I am doing, but in this case, I have never before felt so incompetent in my studies. She is a tough grader and you really need to understand what you are learning in order to do well.

04/14/2014
good
LT 3213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved Jones as a prof. Her class was 1/2 online and 1/2 in class, so we didn't have to go on both days every week. We read Bleak House which starts boring but gets interesting 1/3 way through. We had an online discussion post and journal every week, but she's a great professor that only wants to see you succeed. I would take her 100x over!

04/13/2014
LIT 3503 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

The class was only difficult because the Professor is extremely unclear when it comes to what she is looking for in your discussion posts. I would write exactly what the prompt asked and she would give me half credit because she wanted me to write about something different.

12/07/2013
good
ENL 3503 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jones is not an easy teacher, but if you want to really learn about literature then take her class. She's intelligent, helpful, and has the best distance learning setup I've seen. She cares about what she's doing, and she puts the effort into making the course an excellent one. Wonderful professor!

06/25/2011
good
LIT4243 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took her for Major Authors:Austen. I was not a fan of Austen, but by the end this class won me over. Dr. Jones is EXTREMELY helpful and wants everyone to do well. She took a lot of time trying to get us through the material and to help students expound on ideas for essays. Great professor who knows her stuff. Take her if she teaches again.

06/24/2007
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

At first I didn't like her but after a little while I loved her. She's not easy but she pushed you to do your best. She knows her stuff too! She made class fun because she teaches with a lot of excitement. If you take it, you'll get what you came for.

05/21/2007
good
LIT4934 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Celtic Spirituality. Not only is an interesting subject, but Dr. Jones made it more interesting! She pushes you to do your best and unlike some English professors she leaves you with lasting knowledge!

08/10/2006
good
LIT 4934 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was my first and only class with Dr. Jones. She was very organized and straight forward. I made an A- in her class, but I was also prepared for class. DO THE READING!

06/20/2006
good
IDH 1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

tough but fair.

04/27/2006
good
LIT 3333 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent Teacher. Very clear about expectations. Very helpful. If she feels you are slacking off or presenting ideas in class that you have not gave much though to, her disdain is quite clear. The class is very interesting with many opportunities to show your brilliance. Stay on top of the reading because she quizzes with elaborate questions.

04/24/2006
good
Coastal Forts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was terrible. I hear she's better for English, but this 6 hour class was a constant headache and the trips were completely unenjoyable

12/11/2005
good
Major Authors Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Professor Jones for a class in Jane Austen. Dr. Jones made Austen come alive for me. She is demanding, I won't lie, but her expectations push you to do more. You want to do well in her class and earn her respect. I simply can't praise her enough for her style, her content knowledge, and her ability to lead disucssions. A real facilitator!

12/01/2005
good
ENL 3132 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jones is a wonderful instructor! She expects 100% out of her students, but is very open to helping in any way she can. She is passionate about her field and is truly an asset to UNF. I recommend her to anyone serious about English classes.

11/14/2005
good

Excellent teacher--really helps students to learn and to succeed in class.

11/11/2005
good
Lit4930 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a good teacher, sometimes she isn't clear in her explanations. Her classes require a lot of work, but if you work hard, you will do well. I enjoyed her overall.

11/02/2005
good
Victorian Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jones is a fantastic teacher, for students who are interested in really learning the material. Beyond being truly dedicated and insightful, she arranges her classes in an absolutely beautiful manner that encourages students to use their full potential, and produce work that they are truly proud of.

10/08/2005
good
celtic sem Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had her twice, and I thought she was great overall. Not an easy class, but you'll learn a lot. She expects a lot from her students. Dr. Jones is energetic and excited about the subjects she teaches, which kept me interested. She definitely had grumpy days, but everyone's human, you know. Take her senior seminar on Celtic Spirituality...it's really not what you think, and I LOVED it!