in University of North Florida that teach English Edit
are you Marnie Jones?
B+

04/30/2014
good
ENL 3503 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very nice and does her best to be helpful, but I had a lot of trouble in this class. I pride myself on doing well in school and knowing what I am doing, but in this case, I have never before felt so incompetent in my studies. She is a tough grader and you really need to understand what you are learning in order to do well.

04/14/2014
good
LT 3213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved Jones as a prof. Her class was 1/2 online and 1/2 in class, so we didn't have to go on both days every week. We read Bleak House which starts boring but gets interesting 1/3 way through. We had an online discussion post and journal every week, but she's a great professor that only wants to see you succeed. I would take her 100x over!

04/13/2014
LIT 3503 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

The class was only difficult because the Professor is extremely unclear when it comes to what she is looking for in your discussion posts. I would write exactly what the prompt asked and she would give me half credit because she wanted me to write about something different.

12/07/2013
good
ENL 3503 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jones is not an easy teacher, but if you want to really learn about literature then take her class. She's intelligent, helpful, and has the best distance learning setup I've seen. She cares about what she's doing, and she puts the effort into making the course an excellent one. Wonderful professor!

06/25/2011
good
LIT4243 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took her for Major Authors:Austen. I was not a fan of Austen, but by the end this class won me over. Dr. Jones is EXTREMELY helpful and wants everyone to do well. She took a lot of time trying to get us through the material and to help students expound on ideas for essays. Great professor who knows her stuff. Take her if she teaches again.

06/24/2007
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

At first I didn't like her but after a little while I loved her. She's not easy but she pushed you to do your best. She knows her stuff too! She made class fun because she teaches with a lot of excitement. If you take it, you'll get what you came for.

05/21/2007
good
LIT4934 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Celtic Spirituality. Not only is an interesting subject, but Dr. Jones made it more interesting! She pushes you to do your best and unlike some English professors she leaves you with lasting knowledge!

08/10/2006
good
LIT 4934 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was my first and only class with Dr. Jones. She was very organized and straight forward. I made an A- in her class, but I was also prepared for class. DO THE READING!

06/20/2006
good
IDH 1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

tough but fair.

04/27/2006
good
LIT 3333 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent Teacher. Very clear about expectations. Very helpful. If she feels you are slacking off or presenting ideas in class that you have not gave much though to, her disdain is quite clear. The class is very interesting with many opportunities to show your brilliance. Stay on top of the reading because she quizzes with elaborate questions.