David Langille at York University

David Langille

Number of ratings 36 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/17/14

SOSC 1510

Amazing prof and favourite prof overall so far in university. Very generous, helpful and has a great sense of humour! Easy examinations along with easy marking while still learning considerably from this man.

3/25/14

SOSC 1510

I read goof reviews about this prof prior to taking his class and REGRETTED MY EYES OUT! Worst prof York has to offer, tough marker and takes so long to mark assignments and put up grades. I'm a hard working student and would never blame a teacher but he is definetly a learning lesson as to why i should look at the rating # not the comments! Avoid!

9/12/13

SOSC1510

This course depended heavily on the textbook. If you do all your weekly readings and questions you should be good! Professor Langille overall values the students opinion on his lectures and is very nice and easy to talk to. I recommended this class to others and if I wasn't so crammed with my other classes I would've gotten an A instead of a B.

8/16/13

sosc 1510

Great professor, so passionate about the topics, great guest speakers also, overall one of my favourite courses I have taken at york!

7/29/13

Great professor, good sense of humor

7/2/13

social science

VERY nice teacher, very fun lessons. his tutorials are very fun and engaging but they really dont help you for the exam. His lectures tho you learn a lot. He loves to talk to you one on one and share funny stories. I really look forward in taking more courses with him my favorite prof so far!

6/21/13

SOSC1510

He's very nice and lenient, but also very disorganized. As a Professor, he's a little lacking, but if you speak to him on and one-on-one basis for help, he's very helpful.

5/7/13

Future of work

Professor Langille shows passion for the topic and you can tell he really know his stuff. If you have him as a tutorial teacher he's really nice but you won't get your marks on time. Overall I enjoyed the class and I recommend people to take it. Its easy and understandable.

5/4/13

SOSC 1510

easy course if you read the textbook and do the weekly questions (which are the exam questions). no need to attend lectures unless handing in assignments and tutorials are somewhat helpful. david is a slow marker if you have him as a TA, got my midterm exam back after i finished my final exam

4/18/13

sosc1510

Very good Prof . Go to class do the readings which aren't difficult and go to tutorial. Very easy to get an A since exams aren't worth more then 20% .

12/13/12

sosc3

I am really surprised with the other reviews on here. The lectures were very clear and engaging. The information presented made me question my worldview and by the end of the course I had a completely different outlook on political issues. He also had a great sense of humour and I often found myself laughing uncontrollably during the lecture.

11/27/12

SOSC1510

Do not take this class! I read some good review on here before taking his class and I regret it immensely. This teacher will spam your inbox with political jibber jabber, will give ambiguous outlines to class assignments, admits to major bell curving, and often literally refuses to give clarity on coarse information.

5/2/12

SOSC1510

Good class, really good material learned. Go to class, read the book and you'll do awesome

8/24/11

sosc1510

Disorganized, biased, and frequently dismissive of students who challenged him. One of the worst professors I've had.

6/20/11

sosc1510

honestly my favorite proff and ta. he was a bit unorganized but he actually got me reading the books and the little assignments really added up! they were very easy. the one course i didnt fall asleep in!

3/26/11

UNI211

Nice guy, likeable enough, but totally disorganized and very biased. I signed up for a course in Canadian Health Policy, and what I got was a course on becoming a social activist for the NDPs with health care as the context. Further, he creates a hostile environment to those who do not share his opinions. Very disappointing and learned nothing.

8/16/10

SOSC1510

He is very personable and extremely lenient one-on-one, but also extremely disorganized. I thought he brought a lot of energy to lecture and he was easy to talk to in tutorial. I disagreed with him quite a bit on some of his personal opinions, but I definitely learned a lot about labour in Canada. His lecture style is perfect for newer students.

9/25/09

SOSC1510

Pretty good prof. Probably the easiest prof that I've had so far at York. We had 1 test, 3 assignments, NO EXAMS!!! Awesome prof overall.

5/7/09

pols3136

Prof Langille is approachable, lenient and helpful. The amount of course work was not bad (1 exam with questions that can appear in advance, PLUS a choice to do 6 short reading questions OR 3 short reading questions + a essay). The lectures were a helpful overview and covered reading q's, but you still need to read the Hogg text to do the work&exam

1/15/08

PPAS3136

Very Strict with marks no matter how hard you try

More Political Science professors at York University