in York University that teach Political Science Edit
are you David Langille?
B-

10/01/2014
good
1510 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Hilarious" "Inspirational"

i find him a great professor waking up in the morning isn't something I enjoy doing but knowing that I have a class that I will look forward it going to always make my morning easier. even though he might not teach the course material all the time overall he is a great professor and is a pleasure to be taught by

10/01/2014
good
Socs1510 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Inspirational" "Gives good feedback"

He is very understanding and will help you out as long as you show that you are willing to work for the A. He gives a lot of chances to improve and will tell you straight up what he wants

09/11/2014
socs1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

this class was my worst class ever

05/16/2014
SOSC 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Do not waste your money for this course! Two-hours lectures are reduced to just one hour of useless presentations and watching of documentaries often unrelated to the topic. Just easy money for the professor.

04/17/2014
good
SOSC 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Amazing prof and favourite prof overall so far in university. Very generous, helpful and has a great sense of humour! Easy examinations along with easy marking while still learning considerably from this man.

03/25/2014
SOSC 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I read goof reviews about this prof prior to taking his class and REGRETTED MY EYES OUT! Worst prof York has to offer, tough marker and takes so long to mark assignments and put up grades. I'm a hard working student and would never blame a teacher but he is definetly a learning lesson as to why i should look at the rating # not the comments! Avoid!

09/12/2013
good
SOSC1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This course depended heavily on the textbook. If you do all your weekly readings and questions you should be good! Professor Langille overall values the students opinion on his lectures and is very nice and easy to talk to. I recommended this class to others and if I wasn't so crammed with my other classes I would've gotten an A instead of a B.

08/16/2013
good
sosc 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Great professor, so passionate about the topics, great guest speakers also, overall one of my favourite courses I have taken at york!

07/29/2013
good
1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great professor, good sense of humor

07/02/2013
good
social science Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

VERY nice teacher, very fun lessons. his tutorials are very fun and engaging but they really dont help you for the exam. His lectures tho you learn a lot. He loves to talk to you one on one and share funny stories. I really look forward in taking more courses with him my favorite prof so far!

06/21/2013
SOSC1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He's very nice and lenient, but also very disorganized. As a Professor, he's a little lacking, but if you speak to him on and one-on-one basis for help, he's very helpful.

05/07/2013
good
Future of work Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Langille shows passion for the topic and you can tell he really know his stuff. If you have him as a tutorial teacher he's really nice but you won't get your marks on time. Overall I enjoyed the class and I recommend people to take it. Its easy and understandable.

05/04/2013
SOSC 1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

easy course if you read the textbook and do the weekly questions (which are the exam questions). no need to attend lectures unless handing in assignments and tutorials are somewhat helpful. david is a slow marker if you have him as a TA, got my midterm exam back after i finished my final exam

04/18/2013
good
sosc1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very good Prof . Go to class do the readings which aren't difficult and go to tutorial. Very easy to get an A since exams aren't worth more then 20% .

12/13/2012
good
sosc3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am really surprised with the other reviews on here. The lectures were very clear and engaging. The information presented made me question my worldview and by the end of the course I had a completely different outlook on political issues. He also had a great sense of humour and I often found myself laughing uncontrollably during the lecture.

11/27/2012
SOSC1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Do not take this class! I read some good review on here before taking his class and I regret it immensely. This teacher will spam your inbox with political jibber jabber, will give ambiguous outlines to class assignments, admits to major bell curving, and often literally refuses to give clarity on coarse information.

05/02/2012
good

Good class, really good material learned. Go to class, read the book and you'll do awesome

08/24/2011
sosc1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Disorganized, biased, and frequently dismissive of students who challenged him. One of the worst professors I've had.

06/20/2011
good
sosc1510 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

honestly my favorite proff and ta. he was a bit unorganized but he actually got me reading the books and the little assignments really added up! they were very easy. the one course i didnt fall asleep in!

03/26/2011
UNI211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nice guy, likeable enough, but totally disorganized and very biased. I signed up for a course in Canadian Health Policy, and what I got was a course on becoming a social activist for the NDPs with health care as the context. Further, he creates a hostile environment to those who do not share his opinions. Very disappointing and learned nothing.