Mic Denfeld at Pima Community College

Mic Denfeld

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/8/14

WRT-101

If you're a slacker, this class may be hard, if you're organized and listen, it's a breeze. Just listen to what she says. The class is not only fun, but it will be a class you will remember forever. She is inspirational and oh so talented. I can't say enough great things about her other than I'm going to miss Mondays and Wednesdays so much. E.N.

5/5/14

WRT101

Mic is a wonderful teacher and person. She made learning fun and interesting the whole semester. There was many lively discussions and interesting topics of writing. (daily) She will tell you day one that she expects more writing essays from you than other professors. Always willing to help or discuss. Not an easy grade but well worth the effort.

3/3/14

WRT 101

absolutely wonderful teacher. guides the mind through inner and global questions and leaves them to find who they are and that which they desire. thank you mic!

1/27/14

WRT101

By far my favorite teacher at Pima. She is incredibly sweet and she let's you write about ANYTHING you want. I missed 2 out of the 6 essays and still got an A. Everybody became a family and I was so sad to leave her class! Please take her class if you can. The easiest A and best teacher.

5/30/13

WRT 100

Mic is such a sweet heart! I kinda feel like she talked too much about things not even related to writing. Our class was like a family and she was so kind. Take her if you can!

2/26/13

WRT101

All of the work is outside of class, which is 6 essays total and a few extra papers here and there. In class, she just talks about current events or whatever is going on inside of her head. Easy class over all, a little misguided about "Writing 101".

1/13/13

WRT101H

I LOVED Mic's honors class. I learned so much from her everyday talks about current events. She was very random, but very enthusiastic and full of spirit. There was a lot of writing done, and just make sure to turn in everything on time. Going to class wasn't really necessary, but I never missed one day, just because she was so entertaining!

12/12/12

WRT101

I really enjoyed ateending this class and always had a great time! I love Mic's sense of humar and always has something interesting to say. The books she chose for her students to write about are interesting and I had no problem writing the essays that were assigned. You write a LOT, but luckily you have a lot of freedom to write as you wish :)

11/8/12

WRT101

I absolutely LOVED Mic's class. Definitely a lot of reading and writing, but during class time be prepared to sit back and listen to lectures. Don't worry though, her lectures are so much fun!This was the class that I looked forward to every single day! I highly recommend this class!

7/26/12

WRT101

super cool teacher, funny,first day of class she walked in wearing a Green Bay Packers helmet, you will read alot and write alot but its interesting, you must follow her writing format or she will not accept papers, 1 group project, good class to take

7/4/12

WRT101

You are going to read...ALOT but some of the books she chooses are interesting, some are not She is very much about her format and detail. She will bring out whatever potential you may have in writing. Lots of essays!! But you get to choose the dates when they're due. She makes class fun. But you will work hard, treated like an adult not like H.S.

6/12/12

WRT101

Mic is an amazing individual. I had her this past spring and enjoyed every day of that class. She does require a lot of reading and writing. 3 books and 3 papers throughout the semester. The best part is that she lets you pick when to turn them in.

4/13/12

WRT101

Mic is definitely the best teacher I have ever had. Her class is the last in my day, and I always go home in an awesome mood. Her stories and jokes are hilarious. She's also very cool, and fun to be around. She doesn't require much in my opinion. Just to open your mind and be creative in your writing 7 3 page papers however you want-get creative.

8/2/10

WRT101

Hahaha! The best writing teacher I've had. The work load is easy. Get used to college. One measly 3 page essay per week is expected. If you can't handle that you should reconsider higher education. Mic focuses more on students being able to express their thoughts in writing rather than just teaching form. Excellent person. Excellent teacher.

4/23/10

WRT101

Mic is a terrific teacher and human being. She is always willing to help and always has hilarious asides to keep you focused and engaged. Yes, she does require more essays than other teachers but she tells you that on the first day; she told us if you want the easy version to switch now. Amazing! Teacher. If you need a WRT teacher, take her.

1/8/10

WRT101

Mic is awesome! Her class requires a LOT of reading and 3 page essays. I think a lot of students expect to learn how to write in this course. We already know how to write, this course is about thinking critically and analyzing different perspectives of human thought and ideas. She's an "A" in my book.

12/9/09

wrt101

Very challenging! Made me weary of wrt 102 but easy to pass if you do all the essays and 3.2.1's. very interesting and fun teacher!

12/6/09

WRT101

Mic is a real nice teacher, and it is a real fun class, you never know what to expect. But if you want an easy A, DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS. The work load is a bit much, and not much help on improving your writing. All in all, I did enjoy the class.

2/19/09

WRT101

Best teacher I've ever had, bottom line. Made me realize going to college was the right decision. My only complaint is her 102 filled up before I could sign up for it.

1/8/09

WRT101

One of the best teachers I've ever had. I took the Honors Credit course, and while it was challenging it was also very rewarding. Mic is a very encouraging and exciting person to learn from, and I highly recommend signing up for one of her classes.

More Writing professors at Pima Community College