in Sierra College that teach English Edit
Michelle Johnson
at Sierra College, Rocklin, CA
are you Michelle Johnson?
10/09/2014
good
ENG1B Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Inspirational" "Gives good feedback" "Big time extra credit"

Hands down best prof. Uses a lot of references to TV shows and Musicians. Feminist!!! Great lectures, shows awesome tedtalks and youtube videos. Flexible class and she is alwaysssss available in her office she gives you opportunities to redo assignments she gives EXCELLENT feedback

10/06/2014
good
English 1 B Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A
"Amazing lectures" "Inspirational" "Gives good feedback"

Michelle is a very excellent professor. The best English teacher I ever had at Sierra College. I never agreed with everything she said, but she never tried to make me feel like I always had to agree with her. In fact she encouraged me to voice out my thoughts. You can make any claim, as long as you back it up or did some research on your claim.

05/23/2014
good
ENGLISH 1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved Michelle. She loves want does. Her feed back on papers is great, I've never had a teacher that gave me good constructive criticism. But if you're looking for an easy A, then Michelle not your gal. You most definitely need to put an effort into your papers

05/22/2014
good
English A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing

04/18/2014
good
Eng 1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Michelle is a very good prof. who cares a lot about her students' outcome. She highly encourages critical thinking, and she's very helpful. I don't know about the 3 or 4 neg. comments out of 95 pos. comments. Looking at the 4 people who has a problem with the prof., sounds like they are just too lazy to work, or understand the materials.

04/18/2014
good
ENG 32 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. Extremely helpful. The best English instructor at Sierra College, bar none. She's very passionate, especially about teaching and poetry. She gives very meaningful feedback, and she is really knows her materials.

04/12/2014
ENGL 32 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very passionate teacher, but is not very professional. Her lectures are rants and hard to understand. She does not use a class schedule. Assigns hw over breaks. Expects more than the assignment given. Really love her as a person, but she wares me out. (I am a 4.0 student- hard to do). however her creative writing poetry class is great!

04/11/2014
good
English 32 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. Demands a lot from students, and gives so much of her time to her students. Very easy to make appointments with her for office hours too. I usually miss a class here and there every semester, but not in her class. She's very good at engaging her students, and keeping her students interested.

04/08/2014
good
ENG 1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Michelle is a feminist, and she makes sure that everyone knows that. She is extremely entertaining so the classes go by quickly. She actually teaches, and she does it well. I am very glad that I took her class because it made me think harder. She encourages you to think outside the box and do your best. She makes English very interesting.

04/03/2014
good
ENGL20 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Michelle. She pushed me to be the best student, listened and gave constructive feedback when I struggled, and overall supported me. She is a phenomenal instructor and a lovely human.

02/11/2014
good
ENGL0000A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Michael Johnson is truly devoted to her work on campus. Not only did she teach us the English A curriculum but because she is so involved on campus, she kept us up to date on campus events and even offered extra credit if we went to some of them. Finally, the portfolio she had us do in class helped my appeal to move on to English 1A.

01/26/2014
English 1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Michelle Johnson does not grade fairly. If you have your own opinion and stand by it, you are in trouble. I wondered if she is on some kind of drug judging from her behavior in class. Choose another professor if you can.

12/05/2013
good
English 32 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Her poetry class can be extreamly hard for some and also really easy for other. My only advise if you like structure don't take this class if you love to have freedom in your writtening and thoughts take it.

11/15/2013
good
english A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Loved her English class. Just do the work it isn't even hard. There is just 4 major essays and she gives great feedback on your essays and you can make up points.I recommend her and I don't even like English or writing so this class was good for me. She is very funny and class is always fun.

07/16/2013
ENG1B Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

MaJ is incredibly opinionated and makes everything have to do with the show Lost. If you don't do exactly what the guidelines say, you will not be graded easily.

02/03/2013
Eng1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very unfair in grading I had to fight for my grade

12/11/2012
good
ENG1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Her class isn't super easy, but if you actually pay attention and put forth the expected effort there is no reason you wouldn't get an A. I don't know if she has an actual attendance policy, but in class is where she provides clarification on assignments and gives guidance on structuring quality papers. Make use of feedback she writes on your work.

12/02/2012
good
Eng1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Michelle is incredible. She is by far the best english teacher I have had yet. She is always so helpful and is willing to take the time to make sure you fully understand what she is asking in her assignments. If you do what she asks and are willing to put effort into your papers, you should have no problem getting an A.

11/19/2012
good
Eng1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is very helful on all essays. Very fair in grading as long as homework is done ontime. Not your ordinary college prof. She is never boring.

07/08/2012
good
ENG1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

An absolutely astounding experience! Professor Michelle helped me to unearth in me ability I had previously buried. She rocked!