Jennifer Moody at Auburn University

Jennifer Moody

Number of ratings 35 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/29/12

FLFR1010

Worst teacher I had freshman year by far!! Never taken French and came into the class very eager to learn, but Moody made me hate it. She can be very negative, rude, and just downright mean to students, which was really off-putting for me. All she does is explain the HW every class. It was extremely boring. I would not recommend Moody to anyone.

12/5/12

FLFR2020

I loved French and wanted to minor in it before this class...after it, not so much. She expects you to understand everything the first time and isn't lenient on grading. We also had native speakers in the class and were expected to be able to keep up with them. Do not take her class!!!

4/19/12

FLFR1020

I think Dr. Moody is a hit or miss. She will make you feel SO stupid if you get something wrong, but you can't deny that she knows what she's talking about. She makes tests super easy by giving a study guide and 10 pts if you put your name, but she also basically requires you to learn the material by yourself which is super annoying. She's okay.

10/3/11

FLFR1000

Very unhelpful! I tried to talk to her about my grade and she refused to meet with me! She grades really hard! I took three years of French and came out with a C! DO NOT TAKE HER. you will regret it. take ANYONE else. seriously.

8/24/11

FLFR1020

Dr. Moody is fantastic. I learned A LOT in her classes. She gives a lot of homework, but it was nice because it helped you learn, and her collecting it forces you to do it.

5/23/11

FLFR1020

Compared to my last French class, this one wasn't as enjoyable. We had loads of homework due every class that you HAD to do because she collects it at random. The tests aren't necessarily hard, but you at least have to know what you're doing. Sometimes when she talks to you she makes you feel really dumb. Don't take her if you can help it.

5/5/11

FLFR2010

Ms. Moody is an excellent teacher. She is always open for and thorough with questions and wants you to do well if you put in the effort. Buy the book! You will use it. Do your homework because she checks it randomly. Be on your toes because she calls out students in class and PARTICIPATE! It will affect your grade big time.

12/14/10

FLFR1010

Moody is a very hard grader. expects you to catch every thing the first time. I would not take her again even if I was paid too.

10/27/10

FLFR1010

Ms. Moody is definitely a good teacher. She knows what she is talking about, but always be on your toes in class because she will call on you randomly. Do the homework because she will check it randomly and those zeros will hurt you later.

10/1/10

FREN101

Moody is a hard grader. Very nit-picky about everything. Make sure you can spell everything correctly. Not a very nice lady. I don't recommend this teacher at all.

6/28/10

Flfr1020

Great professor! She's very helpful and even though there was a lot of homework and memory assignments, I enjoyed the class! Attendance is mandatory, though.

12/11/09

FLFN1010

GREAT French Professor... clear and logical in everything she does. Tests are somewhat difficult and in-depth but easily manageable. Great presentation of the material. Overall highly recommended for anyone majoring in French or knocking out core. Strict attendance policy and grading scheme.

5/5/09

HIS102

Moody grades hard, gives WAY too many notes in one day at once, talks a lot. Her test are hard, and expects you to be in class at all times.

1/7/09

FLFR1010

I really enjoyed this class and Dr. Moody was usually really nice. I will agree that if you haven't had French before, then this class could be tough. But, I'm a junior level French major and I still find myself using info she provided in my entry level class. If you really would like to learn French and aren't lazy then I recommend her.

12/26/08

FLFR1010

Expects too much out of elementary french. I probably would have made a D or F if I hadn't taken a little French before. Very nit-picky on grading, it's impossible to get 100% on anything. Doesn't provide any exposure to French culture, which I expected the class to do. Avoid if possible.

12/18/08

FLFR1010

She definitely grew on me toward the end of the semester, cause I hated her at first. But she is a VERY tough grader and there is generally homework every night and about a quiz a week. The class is way more time consuming than an entry level French class should be. I agree that she did seem to like the 5 guys in my class better than of the girls.

12/22/07

FLFR1010

She cracks me up! The class is a challenge and moves very quickly but you'll get the hang of it. She is very helpful and wants you to do well. She is a very tough grader, though. Very bubbly personality. I laughed.

12/12/07

flfr1010

She means well..but the class sucks. It was alot of work, homework every night, POP quizes at least once a week, Quia due alot, recorded oral, hard test. She DEFFINATLY picks favorites. Could not stand her at the beginning, she sort of grew on me a little, but dont take this unless you love french or want to love french becasue it sucks! :)

1/1/07

FLFR1010

Well, I liked her. Apparently I'm one of the few... and I'm even a girl. She does tend to pick favorites and unfavorites but if you participate she'll like you. The class was easy (I got an A without having any French, though I did take a lot of Spanish before) and I always enjoyed it.

12/12/06

FLFR1010

Definitely not one of my favorites. If you want to learn French by yourself, take her.

More Languages professors at Auburn University