in Pasadena City College that teach Social Science Edit
at Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
are you Lynora Rogacs?

06/01/2014
good
PHILO 25 HONORS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very straight forward and no BS with this professor, which I really liked. Gives lots of clear examples and prepares you well for what is to be expected on the tests. Somewhat challenging but the assignments I completed are works that I am most proud of. I highly recommend Prof. Rogacs. Extra credit assignment was on a Marvel movie. AWESOME!!!

05/09/2014
good
PHIL 25 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Rogacs and Schulz for PHILO 25 as part of an Honors Block. I was registered under Rogacs, so she was my primary professor. She is very clear and gives good lectures. It's essential to keep up with reading and exercises in the book, as we did go over it in class. Ask questions! In class discussions are helpful and can boost your grade.

05/08/2014
good
Religious std 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was a hybrid course. Online is easy as long as you read the material. Her lectures are fun to listen to and interesting. Exams were online and easy, as long as you paid attention in class and took a LOT of notes. Notes are the key! Great teacher!!!

01/06/2014
good
PHIL 25 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

This class was not easy or hard. There were sections I could understand easily just through her lectures online. Then, there were times I neede to actually read the book. That's rare for me. Her class is a lot of writing, and her tests are no joke. But she was very helpful when i needed it.

12/03/2013
good
Phil 25 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Prof Rogacs class isn't exactly easy or hard.You need to really understand the material,just takes TIME to actually do the work.She teaches very well, gives plenty of examples & is very open to discussion. Ask q's! During test reviews ask for as many answrs to the test bank as you can.DONT MISS A CLASS,theyre way more helpful than reading on ur own

08/04/2013
good
PHILO 25 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

BTW, this is a good review. I love Prof. Rogacs for being tough. Believe me, you cannot slack off. You must commit & study very hard. In my case, philosophy is not something I am good at, so I did have to put a lot of effort. She is challenging & honest, but that's how it's supposed to be. She does not take excuses or BS; however, she is helpful.

05/09/2013
good
Philo 25 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very straightforward and knowledgeable. She doesn't take bs, so always be prepared for class. Read the book & modules on Canvas! 4 exams, 3 hw assign., and a final paper. The entire course is out of 100 pts. so every pt. counts, but there are 2 extra credit opportunities. Sarcastic and dry sense of humor, so she's great! Very helpful prof.

05/07/2013
good
Humanities 4 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My second class with her - outstanding professor committed to the mission of CC education. Lectures are always interesting and tests are easy if you take excellent lecture notes. She will also give you a primer on how to handle yourself in class, which a lot of the CC students don't understand - wonderful teacher - great class - take her.

04/09/2013
Humanities 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had her in a joint class with professor Milne,I did better on her midterm and final than I did on his. She is very clear in her lessons, I thought she was hilarious (because she had an attitude sometimes with students who tried to argue or talk during lessons), gives you midterm and final questions 1 week prior (cheat sheet). Hard to fail class.

03/29/2013
good
PHILO 3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Rogacs is an amazing teacher. She is one who understands the cognitive level that a student is at and is able to build upon what you already know to teach you what you need to learn. She is not easy, you'll need to read and study, but she is willing to help any time she's in her office. Highly recommended!