Jane Cromartie at University of New Orleans

Jane Cromartie

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/6/13

MKT 4400

I like her, she is funny and knows things about business, but she is not a great teacher and difficult to learn from. She jumps around topics going off on different tangents making it hard to keep up. Textbook is barely used outside of assigning pointlessly easy work assignments on the online module.

4/17/13

MKT 3501

She lectures on practical information to use in the real business world, but tests on none of that stuff. It's interesting, but to do well in the class you must read the chapters thoroughly. Definitions are also important. Know as many as you can word for word from the book because she tries to trick you with those on exams.

1/15/13

MKT3501

She is a very terrible teacher. The problem is that she doesn't teach! She talks about marketing and sure it's interesting, but it has nothing to do with what is on the test. It is true about the online hw deducting 10 points on the second try (it takes the highest grade). Marketing could be fun but she is not the right person to be teaching it.

12/9/12

MKT3501

She was an okay professor. She explains the material pretty good. Read the textbook! Her test are challenging, but if you read the textbook and take notes in class you should be good.

5/31/12

Mkt3501

If you want to meet a horrible professor take her class. Shes gives you two exams and a final. She gives you online hw also but take grades on it and subtract 10% of your grade on the second try. I would never recommend her to anyone. Avoid by all cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/11/12

MKT001

She is the WORST teacher I ever had!!!She rambles in the class and you never know what she wants to tell you. DON'T choose her class if you have other choices.

4/15/10

mkt3501

she is horrible..she gives no kind of direction whatsoever. She doesn't use slides, study guides, or anything to help you. She rambles on about stuff that has nothing to do with the class and DOESN'T teach. you have to teach yourself from the book...THE WORST TEACHER I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!

12/3/09

MKT3501

She has interesting stories and if you read and study the text you should pass with at least a B. The lectures and examples are funny and useful.

10/12/09

mkt6503

Has no idea how to teach a graduate level class. Assumes all incoming students have in-depth knowledge of the theory of marketing. No correlation from the lectures to the exams or the assignments. I got straight-A's in every class in the MBA program except for this one. I studied 2 weeks for the midterm and got a 26%. Something's wrong...

4/22/09

Mkt3501

I disagree I attended every class. Follow her lectures and review her notes, and I am not doing good. SHE IS HARD!

12/3/08

MKT3501

I don't know why people say she's hard, if you actually go to class and read the textbook there's no reason you should get lower than a B. She only gives 4 tests and drops the lowest - no final.

11/20/08

MKT3501

Useless lecture. She just goes on with nonsense stories. Exams are fair, I never went to the class and go an A just by reading the textbook considerably. Never go to class. Marketing is to cool to take it with her.

11/11/08

Mkt3501

She's a good teacher. Doesn't take role. The tests are easy, as long as you read the text and understand it you will do good. It's also kinda interesting(isn't that weird!)

11/9/08

MKT3501

She is a great teacher!Gives good lectures.If you just basically know the definitions and read some what of what it's about you will pass!!

11/6/08

mkt3501

GREAT TEACHER!

11/30/07

MKT3501

She's a sharp lady, but a crazy. She expects you to read in order to tie in her "lectures" with the material, surprise. She doesn't hold your hand. She gives really comprehensive tests that were somewhat difficult for most of my friends. I studied at the level expected for a 3500 level class and I got an A. I think some people are just lazy.

9/5/07

MKT4400

Some students hated her, I loved her. I found the class interesting and I did well. I do think she cares about us learning. But some of my friends had the opposite experience. I wish I could explain why we all didn't feel the same way, but I can't. I just don't think anyone should write her off just because some students didn't like her.

12/23/05

MKT 4400

I hated this class when I took it with Cromartie. I struggled, didn't do well, & had to take it over- 2nd time with Palumbo, (who I adored) and who seemed to understand that MKT was a new subject for us and taught with lots of examples and application problems. I thought it was the subject matter, but it's the professor that makes the difference.

8/6/05

mkt 3536

if you don't have to, don't take her.

5/16/05

Mkt 2501

Took course last semester - Fall, 2004. Basically is a self-taught class. She tells lots of stories and dances around the material without teaching the actual material. Also expects the students to read and learn the material on their own. Would not take from her again.

More Marketing professors at University of New Orleans