in University of Missouri - St. Louis that teach Psychology Edit
at University of Missouri - St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
are you Matthew Taylor?

11/07/2014
good
3820 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Participation matters" "Hilarious"

I wish Dr. Taylor taught more undergrad psych classes because he is AWESOME! I am not a morning person what so ever, but I never missed his 9:30 am class & would actually look forward to it. You can tell he knows a lot about his field & he is great at teaching. HIGHLY recommend him

05/14/2014
good
psych2285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not like every other professor with a PhD and thinks their on cloud nine. Very funny and outgoing character. Loves the subject on minorities and I'd advise anyone to come into the course with an open-mind. One of UMSL's finest!

05/10/2014
good
PSYCH 2285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is hilarious and has a lot of insight on minority mental health

01/28/2014
PSYCH-3420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I often dreaded going to Cross-Cultural. Although it can be a fun class, esp. if you're black, you might wanna skip and read the book and anything he puts online. His storytelling was usu. related to the class, but often seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder against white people. Be prepared to talk when you don't wanna and maybe suck-up.

08/10/2012
good
PSYCH3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the absolute best professor I had! I wish I would have known about him before I chose to take development psyc w/someone else! CROSS-CULTURAL PSYCH IS MY ALL TIME FAVE & MOST MEMORABLE COLLEGE COURSE! he is funny and enthusiastic with his teachings. Even if he had a bad day you'd never know. All you have to do is GO TO CLASS! its fun anyway

12/15/2010
good
Psyc3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I choose Dr. Taylor according to the reviews off of RYP...OMG...the best experience and a wonderful professor!!! I would take him 1000 times again. Not a class that can't be followed...a wonderful professor and can pass with his notes alone.

08/27/2010
good
Psy3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

OMG...I love this class. I work 10 hours over night shift and I can't wait to get off to get to his class. He has enough energy for all 50+ of his students. His class goes by fast because he is very interesting, with great stories that apply to the class. I recommend him; you wil be very happy!

12/31/2009
good
psych2285 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Most insightful and eye opening class I've ever taken.

12/24/2009
good
psych2850 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have to agree with what the general consensus is about this prof, amazing All I will add is that he really wants to help and he genuinely cares about his students unlike most faculty at UMSL who doesn't care about your success in college. Most of the profs here just become teachers/advisors only so they can hear themselves talk.

11/23/2009
good
PSYCHmult Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's smart, funny, and is proably one of the sweetest person you will ever meet. He challenges you to THINK by giving so many examples. He is THE BEST PROFESSOR EVER. At least he is humble, not like many pretentious, arrogant profs here who think that just because they work at WASHU then they are hot**** and dont have the time for us.

11/03/2009
good
Psych3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took him for Cultural Psychology and he was awesome. He makes the class fun and I actually enjoyed going to class.

08/17/2008
good
PSYCH3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very nice guy. Funny and interesting. Makes somewhat boring subject matter more bearable. Got an A on the first test without studying but only because I was able to b/s the essay questions, which are kind of tough. Some questions *will* come out of the reading so read the book. Overall a great class.

05/21/2008
good
PSYCH3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He makes the class interesting and is very excited about the subject matter. He is a very good teacher, but his grading is a little harsh. Written assignments are given back with very little feedback, and essay questions can rarely make a perfect. Besides the hard grading scale, he is excellent and I would take another class with him.

04/22/2008
good
Psych3820 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

You will never have a better teacher than Dr. Taylor. His class is both fun and informative. His tests started out as all essay but he modified them because it took so long to grade. He loves discussion but he makes it so that you actually want to participate. It is the one class I wish I could take again and that NEVER happens!

12/18/2007
good
PSYcros Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

We at UMSL do know how lucky we are to have Dr. Taylor. I actually learned the subject in his class and use the information on a daily basis. He teaches in a practical, applicable manner and is very accommodating to challenges. I can think of many other profs that I'd like to replace with him.

07/15/2007
good
PsychPsy Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

UWL definately took a hit when this prof left. He was terrific and one of the few great ones we had on campus. I hope the students at UMSL know how lucky they are to have him. I would try to talk him into the Africa study abroad program he does. And read the text book, he likes you to use terms from the book so he knows you read it. He is missed!!

06/08/2007
good
Psych4392 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very cool teacher. Helpful, flexible, and more than willing to work with you on any problems that you may have. Taylor is a very exciting and fun teacher, and he makes coming to class a joy. He dishes out alot of information & participation is crucial, so attendance is a must. Focus on vocab in the text, & copy his notes word for word. Enjoy! :-)

12/28/2006
good
Psych4392 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor. This was his first semester at UMSL but he did an excellent job. His class was interesting and his enthusiasm for the material and his energy made the class a joy to attend. He was also very funny and the students were able to freely express their opinions on somewhat controversial topics without bias. Highly recommended!

04/25/2006
good
psy100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

this guy is awesome. he's the funniest teacher at uwl, but he's still a great teacher, and he loves his job. he really makes class interesting. you'll actually look forward to his section of psych 100. he's so nice, and such a great teacher, and he really relates to college students. they should all be more like him!

04/21/2006
good
psy 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is hot.... very hot.... and he is really funny... I have never laughed so much from a class... he keeps you interested in the lectures by saying random things that are hillarious