Matthew Taylor at University of Missouri - St. Louis

Matthew Taylor

Number of ratings 57 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/28/14

PSYCH-3420

I often dreaded going to Cross-Cultural. Although it can be a fun class, esp. if you're black, you might wanna skip and read the book and anything he puts online. His storytelling was usu. related to the class, but often seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder against white people. Be prepared to talk when you don't wanna and maybe suck-up.

8/10/12

PSYCH3820

He is the absolute best professor I had! I wish I would have known about him before I chose to take development psyc w/someone else! CROSS-CULTURAL PSYCH IS MY ALL TIME FAVE & MOST MEMORABLE COLLEGE COURSE! he is funny and enthusiastic with his teachings. Even if he had a bad day you'd never know. All you have to do is GO TO CLASS! its fun anyway

12/15/10

Psyc3820

I choose Dr. Taylor according to the reviews off of RYP...OMG...the best experience and a wonderful professor!!! I would take him 1000 times again. Not a class that can't be followed...a wonderful professor and can pass with his notes alone.

8/27/10

Psy3820

OMG...I love this class. I work 10 hours over night shift and I can't wait to get off to get to his class. He has enough energy for all 50+ of his students. His class goes by fast because he is very interesting, with great stories that apply to the class. I recommend him; you wil be very happy!

12/31/09

psych2285

Most insightful and eye opening class I've ever taken.

12/24/09

psych2850

I have to agree with what the general consensus is about this prof, amazing All I will add is that he really wants to help and he genuinely cares about his students unlike most faculty at UMSL who doesn't care about your success in college. Most of the profs here just become teachers/advisors only so they can hear themselves talk.

11/23/09

PSYCHmult

He's smart, funny, and is proably one of the sweetest person you will ever meet. He challenges you to THINK by giving so many examples. He is THE BEST PROFESSOR EVER. At least he is humble, not like many pretentious, arrogant profs here who think that just because they work at WASHU then they are hot**** and dont have the time for us.

11/3/09

Psych3820

I took him for Cultural Psychology and he was awesome. He makes the class fun and I actually enjoyed going to class.

8/17/08

PSYCH3820

Very nice guy. Funny and interesting. Makes somewhat boring subject matter more bearable. Got an A on the first test without studying but only because I was able to b/s the essay questions, which are kind of tough. Some questions *will* come out of the reading so read the book. Overall a great class.

5/21/08

PSYCH3820

He makes the class interesting and is very excited about the subject matter. He is a very good teacher, but his grading is a little harsh. Written assignments are given back with very little feedback, and essay questions can rarely make a perfect. Besides the hard grading scale, he is excellent and I would take another class with him.

4/22/08

Psych3820

You will never have a better teacher than Dr. Taylor. His class is both fun and informative. His tests started out as all essay but he modified them because it took so long to grade. He loves discussion but he makes it so that you actually want to participate. It is the one class I wish I could take again and that NEVER happens!

12/18/07

PSYcros

We at UMSL do know how lucky we are to have Dr. Taylor. I actually learned the subject in his class and use the information on a daily basis. He teaches in a practical, applicable manner and is very accommodating to challenges. I can think of many other profs that I'd like to replace with him.

7/15/07

PsychPsy

UWL definately took a hit when this prof left. He was terrific and one of the few great ones we had on campus. I hope the students at UMSL know how lucky they are to have him. I would try to talk him into the Africa study abroad program he does. And read the text book, he likes you to use terms from the book so he knows you read it. He is missed!!

6/8/07

Psych4392

Very cool teacher. Helpful, flexible, and more than willing to work with you on any problems that you may have. Taylor is a very exciting and fun teacher, and he makes coming to class a joy. He dishes out alot of information & participation is crucial, so attendance is a must. Focus on vocab in the text, & copy his notes word for word. Enjoy! :-)

12/28/06

Psych4392

Awesome professor. This was his first semester at UMSL but he did an excellent job. His class was interesting and his enthusiasm for the material and his energy made the class a joy to attend. He was also very funny and the students were able to freely express their opinions on somewhat controversial topics without bias. Highly recommended!

4/25/06

psy100

this guy is awesome. he's the funniest teacher at uwl, but he's still a great teacher, and he loves his job. he really makes class interesting. you'll actually look forward to his section of psych 100. he's so nice, and such a great teacher, and he really relates to college students. they should all be more like him!

4/21/06

psy 100

He is hot.... very hot.... and he is really funny... I have never laughed so much from a class... he keeps you interested in the lectures by saying random things that are hillarious

4/20/06

PSY 100

He freaking rules, and he's hilarious! You actually wants to pay attention and he makes it interesting. Take him if you get a chance!

4/18/06

PSY 280, 285

I have learned the most from this man in my years at UWL. I will take any of his classes and recommend him highly. Exams arent as easy as you think they are, but he really challenges you to learn the material. Overall, he is one of the most accomodating teachers ever. He will remember your name and cares about his students.

3/30/06

Psy 382

Usually pretty fun during class. I had a harder time trying to fit the words of the lecture and the book together. He's tricky on his exams. He wants exact words, like voacabulary words so beware of that.

More Psychology professors at University of Missouri - St. Louis