Terrence Cole at University of Alaska Fairbanks

Terrence Cole

Number of ratings 82 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/1/14

Hist 100x

Loved this class. Cole makes you think, think, think!

4/18/14

Terrific course.

4/11/14

100x

Good class with lots of interesting material brought up that you would never consider.

4/4/14

Hist F100X

Overall the class is very easy if you do your book readings and are good at memorizing vocabulary words. He goes off on tangents during class which aren't exactly applicable to the material being studied, but he includes some of the info from those tangents in the tests so try to listen!

4/2/14

HIST100

I loved his class. However, I felt like I wasn't learning. I don't think I can remember anything he taught. He was super funny, but got off topic and didn't talk about things we needed to know for the quizzes that we had EVERY WEEK ! He is so smart he seems crazy! He's a great guy who doesn't know how to teach.

3/23/14

History 100x

Dr. Cole is a fantastic professor. My only complaint is that he indulges some students far too much. He demands a lot of work but his lectures are interesting, funny and topical. Cant say enough about how much I enjoy his class.

3/20/14

CRN 34376

Overwhelming work load, 100 plus pages of reading plus videos plus vocal each week, his rants go off topic and have little to do with what is on the test. He is insensitive to the beliefs of others, rips bibles during lecture, and talks a lot about his personal life. The tests are over 100 points and graded harshly. DO NOT TAKE HIM. It's not worth.

11/20/13

HIST 100X

Dr. Cole was my favorite professor my first semester, freshman year. Very intriguing guy who gave equally intriguing lectures. I learned more from his class than any other class I've ever taken in my years of education. One of the best at UAF!

7/19/13

hist 100

Fantastic class and professor. A lot of reading required and don't skip class--it makes it hard to get an A and you will miss out on a true college experience!

6/30/13

Hist 100x

cole was a great teacher. He has his own ways about him, and makes you work, but I got lots out of the class.

6/20/13

100x

Loved the class! My favorite of the year.

6/19/13

Hist 100x

Enjoyed class enormously; found it stimulating and insightful.

6/8/13

Hist 100x

Fantastic course with an inspirational professor and great TA's!

5/19/13

Dr. Cole did a terrific job and I really enjoyed this course. I hope I can take another class from sometime.

5/19/13

history 100x

cole was a great teacher! He asked us to do a lot, but the material was fascinating. Great class and professor.

5/17/13

HIST 100x

Cole is the absolute worst teacher I've had at UAF. He expects an outrageous amount of work (more than all other classes combined) but it is useless "busy work" thats not educationally efficient, just time consuming. He went the entire year without grading and finally postes final grades far past the deadline. He is too full of his subject. AVOID!!

5/17/13

HIST 100X

This guy is AWFUL! He didn't grade a single thing until two days before grades were due. When I e-mailed him about it after a couple of weeks of nothing being graded, he said he would work on it. This guy is useless!

4/21/13

Hist 100x

A great prof!!! He is lively and really cares about the students.

3/29/13

HIST F100X

Cole is a controversial professor on campus. Most people either love Cole or hate him. He's a great lecturer, very entertaining, however, he's very disorganized, scatterbrained, and his course can be hard. Be prepared to read and write (good) essays. I'm enjoyed my time in his class, you may too... Remember: DO THE READING!

3/9/13

Hist 100x

I think Prof Cole is a wonderful, wonderful teacher. Always has lots of interesting and challenging things to provoke you into thinking more deeply. A real delight.

More History professors at University of Alaska Fairbanks