Sean Woodruff at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Sean Woodruff

Number of ratings 125 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

5/24/14

MAC1105

Grade ReceivedB+

Assignments are very clear, not a heavy work load, and you have the option to work ahead. He is very understanding, easy going, and laid back. He is firm. I love math, but math courses at other institutions wasn't working for me. I should have been transferred, and took his class. Great online class. AWESOME PROFF HANDS DOWN!

5/5/14

mac 1105

Good teacher, wants you to pass the class. Will help you if you don't understand the homework. Funny and laid back, nice guy!

5/5/14

MAC 1140

Grade ReceivedF

Really laid back and nice guy. Instruction wise, he moved a little too fast for me. Quizzes and tests were rather difficult.

4/23/14

MAT1033

He knows the material very well but I think he is too smart to teach Intermediate Algebra. There are 5 quizzes (5 multiple choice), 5 tests (you have to show the work, but will give partial credit just for trying) and the Final(said it is 30 multiple choice questions). You wont be able to skate by in his class. But if you try, you can get an A.

4/10/14

STA 2023

He seems like a nice guy . Doesn't understand how difficult math is to others who hate math. Starts off with multiple choice then leaves you with all blank questions by the third test. If you're looking for someone a little more 'easy' hes not the guy to take unless this is your only class and you can devote all your time. I guess hes ok to look at

mac

very good precalculus teacher not a good trig teacher. loves when any question is asked and loves to answer them! I am going to take him for calculus 1 next semester

mac

He is a very good precalculus teacher and I heard he is not a good trigonometry teacher. loves when any question is asked and loves to answer them! I am going to take him for calculus 1 next semester

mac

He is a very god pre calc teacher I have heard that he is not a good trig teacher though. He loves when any question is asked and he loves to answer them! I am going to take him for calc 1 next semester

3/29/14

elementary stat

I was very disappointed with this teacher. I felt like I learned nothing from him. He's nice sure, but he speeds through the topics. Although I went to class every time, I couldn't follow him. He expects you to teach yourself! Highest grades were 60's and I am a 4.0 student! If math isn't your strong point skip this teacher! I don't recommend.

3/12/14

MAC1114

The workload wasn't too bad but he never responds to emails! I would have to email several times before getting a response. This was annoying because I took the class online and I needed answers. I would recommend taking someone else if you have the option.

2/18/14

MAC1147

Woodruff is a great professor. Don't listen to (lazy) naysayer comments. He doesn't just teach you to memorize the formulas/equations; he wants you to understand why and how they work. Expect to do work outside of class (duh). He's lenient with partial credit. Take detailed notes and study them along with the homework problems and you will get an A

2/16/14

MAT0028

Guy is a complete joke, tries to be relate to college students more than he tries to teach. His main objective is obviously to look cool and act hip. He uses profanity in uneccessary situations and spends the whole class rambling on and it seems as if there's no teaching method. I don't recommend this class one bit. Terrible.

12/11/13

MAC 1105

this class was completely on mymathlab except for the midterm and final (both had to be proctored). i thought each week was a fairly light workload, not too bad. i never had to email him about any questions so i have nothing bad to say about my experience with him. great online math teacher. only needed an access code, no textbook

12/6/13

MAC 1140

This instructor is the worst I've ever had. He always make mistakes and doesn't realize them till the students tell him. He says the tests are gonna be from the notes and he keeps saying that but he never take anything from the notes. Really doesn't know what he's doing, he's a nice guy to have beer with but not teaching math.

6/8/13

MAT 1033

Very nice. This is my first time taking an online college class and if I have any issues he will e-mail me back within the hour with a helpful answer. With homeworks you can resubmit an unlimited amount of times which is great! Thanks Professor Woodruff!

5/10/13

MAC 1105

This is the ONLY professor I have ever had that really listened to my questions/concerns and responded back promptly with helpful answers. He really does want you to succeed. If you do the work and talk to him when you need help there should not be a problem.

5/10/13

MAC 1105

This is the ONLY professor I have ever met that listened to my concerns and responded with helpful answers.Most teachers could careless but he actually wants to help and see you succeed.It's not his job to put on a show for the class but to teach what you need to learn and help however he can. For that, he is the best teacher out there!

4/19/13

MAC 1105

He's boring, and talks to you like you're stupid. Tests are not multiple choice. Can earn extra credit on each homework assignment, but homework is mandatory.

2/9/13

MAC1114

Overall he is a pretty good teacher and he makes the class interesting. You must pay attention or you will get behind very fast. Homework is manditory but you can easily get 1 point EC every time. Do not talk or text during class or he will call you out.

1/8/13

STA2023

He was a horrible teacher. He would come in everyday and tell us he was too hungover to teach and just put the notes up on the board for us to copy.

More Mathematics professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)