in University of Minnesota-Twin Cities that teach Humanities Edit
at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
are you Gary Thomas?

04/16/2010
good
CSCL3175 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great and entertaining teacher. He might engage in sophistry at times, but what I learned in his class I have been able to apply to many other courses, particularly English classes. I found Gary to be extremely helpful and easy to get in contact with outside of class. The course and Gary are not for the easily offended, which he is upfront about.

05/10/2009
musicdisc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I learned nothing new from this course. Thomas is a blowhard who treats us like HS students. Not recommended.

11/19/2007
good
CSCL3172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class went beyond learning rote information. This class gave truly insightful knowledge to me that will last a lifetime. Although not for everyone, Thomas' lectures are deep and intriguing. Take this class if you genuinely want to learn.

02/04/2006
good
CSCL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Comedy Text and Theory was one of my favorite classes at the U. Gary Thomas is a sharp, funny guy, and really approachable.

11/30/2005
good
Gay Men & Homop Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is smart and sexy. Great course and great professor.

11/15/2005
gay men Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

10/27/2005
CSCL 3175 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had to drop. I had no idea what was going on.

10/16/2005
good
CSCL 3472,3175 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best teacher I have had. He actually encourages people to think, and treats everyone like they are on the same level as him. You have to go to class in order to do good. Critiques: None when i had him for Gay Men & Homophobia in the American Culture. But for Comedy in Text and Theory - the multiple choice on the exams were often unfair in my opinion, and the TA's did not always grade the same.

10/05/2005
good
CLCT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

smart, funny...loved him. tends to ramble a bit, but if you want a challenging fun course, he's the teacher for it.

09/18/2005
CSCL 3175 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

i have never felt so stupid in a class before. sometimes i can follow him, other times i'm completely lost. he's insane.