in Central Connecticut State University that teach Fine Arts Edit
Meyer (mike) Alewitz
Professor in the Fine Arts department
at Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
are you Meyer (mike) Alewitz?

09/13/2014
good
adv painting Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly insightful. Expects you to work. "What is the artist trying to say?" Loved the weekly critiques--mysteries to be solved! You must show up, you must work, you must apply yourself. What's wrong with that? Skill level not an issue here.Everyone grew everyone learned! We are lucky to have him here.

04/23/2014
Mural01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: WD

He is unbelievably rude. I dropped his class because I was too scared to go in and listen to him make fun of me and any other student he wanted, all while calling it 'criticism'of your work. He is truly mean.

03/04/2014
Painting 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor has worldwide mural painting experience and when he shares specifics it can be interesting. Be prepared for a painting every week. Critiques last the entire class, conversations mostly about world views and politics. Not a lot on technique but you will be a better painter after. He can be harsh but take what he says with a grain of salt.

02/01/2014
Painting 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Insulting, at best. If art is not political, it shouldn't exist, etc. Tense atmosphere in the studio. Inappropriate jokes, offensive critiques.

03/07/2012
ART265 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the absolute WORST professore I've ever had. He's rude, doesn't teach, and will not take blame for anything he does wrong. He told a girl he wanted to kill himself after he looked at her work, in front of the whole class! He makes unwanted innuendos, and will intimidate his students when he feels threatened.

01/09/2012
MURAL270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Worst teacher ever. He didn't teach & wasted class time. I have a 2 masters & this undergrad class was more work than an entire degree. He doesn't teach & only wants to make fun of students & trash others' art. I learned nothing except to hate painting. He gives you 1 week to paint your individual mural. Got a B, but should've got an A. Be warned.

05/20/2011
good
Art270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He will sound harsh but it is just to educate you at a higher level. His remarks are constructive. He collaborates well with students. He is fun, helpful, and kind. We love him and so will you.

05/20/2011
good
Mural01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fun. Interesting. Hard. Queer. Scary. Intelligent. Compassionate. Vibrant. Sweet. Charismatic. Misunderstood.

12/14/2010
ART326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fun professor, but if you take his mural or street art courses they're very unstructured and you need to be self motivated. He'll seem easy because of this, but then out of the blue he'll expect you to have been doing a lot.

08/23/2010
ART340 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is a complete *bleep*er. He shouldn't be allowed to teach. I attended class religiously, did everything he asked and just couldn't please him. I had a 4.0 (6 years of college) until I took this class. I graduated with a 3.76. I didn't learn a thing. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

05/16/2010
ART130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Can dish it out, but can't take it. Not a fair grader.

11/13/2009
LifeDraw Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you play Mike Allewitz's game, you can get an A. If you try to argue your way, you will get an F.

10/31/2008
ART230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The reason I took his Drawing II class was to see what all the fuss was about. Let me first say I got an A, however it is only b/c I played his game. He is the worst prof. I have ever had. He doesn't care about making you a better artist, he cares about taking pot shots at students who dont think like him. This man is an embarrassment to CCSU.

01/11/2008
Art230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Couldn't find scrap of paper he called attendance sheet, next thing I know he says I failed, then on top of that he suggests I drop out of college because it "may not be for me". This was when I was young and insecure, being older now, I should have told him where he could shove his arrogant, one-sided comments. Calls himself liberal...how ironic.

01/22/2007
good
art130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

when i first came on here looking at the poor comments about alewitz, i was worried. took the class, survived, and i actually had a good time for the most part! yes he is opinionated and sarcastic, but it's just the way he is. if you can't deal with him, then i would personally question your love for art as well, because he is the real thing.

07/09/2006
ACCT 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Come on guys is not that bud. Hi is indeed sarcastic and ironic most of the time but that’s fun. Make sure you are not in class after 9:00. I enjoyed the class and I learned a lot. I wish I had more classes like this

04/06/2006
good
Drawing 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

pain in the butt

04/05/2006
Drawing I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

You have to be strong and keep an open mind to do well in this course. Make sure you bring your materials, or he will throw you out. Only can have two absences or minus a letter grade. He's a smart guy with a lot of experience and passion, but does not mince words. If you follow his suggestions, you might learn something as an artist.

03/23/2006
good
Um.. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

can anyone say...USSR?

12/16/2005
Drawing 2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

First I want to thank most of you for your ratings! I am so glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I left his class without an ounce of enthusiasm or skill. The only thing I gained from his course was low self esteem. H e made me question whether or not I should be in art. I have to say that I'm glad I overcame the obstacle that is Alewitz. I