in Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute that teach English Edit
B+
1.7

06/04/2014
good
Eng 114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

There is structure but you have to make it as you go in 114. It's not the same as 111. Mrs. Cortner was hard, fair, and good and I hate to see her go. The English department at CCCTI has lost a good instructor.

05/04/2014
Eng 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

Mrs. Cortner was a tough teacher but imo she is a good teacher. I had problems with comprehending the instructions. That is not her fault or mine. I was able to make a good grade in spite of my struggles. By the end of the class I had learned what I needed to learn. That is because she is a good teacher.

11/12/2013
Eng 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Coming into Amy's class I enjoyed it, but as the class progressed I realized that she taught nothing. She assigns paper after paper without teaching us how to do them. She intimidates her students by calling them out and making nasty comments, making asking for help not an option. We do things that do not pertain to the class at all. DON'T TAKE HER

07/06/2012
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Took her class years ago and have avoided her at all cost since. Never again!!!!

03/08/2012
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I will have to say this is by far one of the best english teachers I have ever had/ She is willing to work with you if you do your work correctly and promptly. Don't go into her class with an attitude or she will give you one right back. SELF-DISCIPLINE is a determining factor in passing/failing her class.

11/09/2011
good
Engli111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amy is tough,but she is very happy to help you IF YOU ASK! She knows her stuff and plainly lays out what the assignments are and helps you on the rough draft so the final one is correct. If you want a lazy class, she3's not the teacher for you. But I love her too death. I look for her name in any class I have to take. I am in college to learn.

04/12/2011
good

She is a great instructor and will go out of her way to help students if they ask. Very knowledgable.

01/21/2011
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

People! This class is title Expository WRITING. You have to WRITE. Ms. Cortner is a great person to learn from! She isn't here to be your bff, she's here to TEACH, which she does well, if you're not lazy, if you are dedicated, and have a desire to learn.. Jeeeezz...

12/30/2010
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Cortner is hard if you are not willing to work hard. She writes out plainly what she expects when she gives assignments. She also corrects your mistakes on rough drafts and tells you what to work on for the final paper, so if you fail you have no one to blame but yourself.

09/10/2010
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Will never take her class again! I always advise people to not take her class. She seems to think she is superior to everyone and we all should be writing papers on her level. Not helpful at all! Take another class at all possible!!!

07/08/2010
good
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very tough teacher but if you put forth an effort shes more than willing to help! im taking her again for sure!!

06/05/2010
eng113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is Horrible... do not take this class with her if you want to keep your gpa up and if you want to pass english..she doesn't make much sense on what she wants, and she slams you every chance you get!!! Pick someone else if you can!!!!

11/12/2009
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Do not recommend. Choose someone else if at all possible.

09/07/2009
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you want an easy A, don't take this teacher. But if you want to learn, sign up early. Don't be afraid to ask questions or to talk to her in her office. She's more than helpful if you are willing to work.

06/28/2009
eng114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very difficult teacher. I enrolled in this course twice, both times with her and had to drop both times!!! Wont happen again

02/10/2009
HUM125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Every time i turned in a journal it was allways wrong. i had to write a 10 page journal just to get a good grade... thats not a journal thats a paper.

02/09/2009
good
HUM122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Kept class alive, loved teachers welcoming personality, work related to class discussion!

01/07/2009
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had a blast in her class!

12/07/2006
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Everything I did was always wrong and never could understand why. When I asked if she could help me I felt more confused than I did to start with. She knows students dont like her and I think that is why she comes up with off the wall stories to humor people. As a human being she is nice BUT as a teacher she will go as the teacher from he**.

11/26/2006
good
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love Mrs. Cortner she is a wonderful teacher and she tries very hard to work with you when you need help. I am a person who really doesn't like English but she has made me see that I can do it if I just try. I really like her personality she is funny and I loved getting those WAHOOS! I will truly miss her when I am out of English.