Lori Maloney at Sacramento City College

Lori Maloney

Number of ratings 63 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

8/3/14

MATH335

Professor Maloney is great and kind teacher. She really wants everyone to be excited about math and she makes it actually easy. She goes over homework questions and her exams are fair. She is very enthusiastic about the material. She will always find time for her students. If you are not good at math and want to understand it - take her.

5/28/14

MATH100

Professor Maloney is the absolute best math teacher I've ever had! She instills confidence in her students and is very thorough. I love her sense of humor and her passion for math, it's so infectious! I can't wait to take her next semester!

5/24/14

Math 335

Professor Maloney is the best! She is so nice and is the most approachable and helpful math professor I've ever had. Always willing to go over anything that you need help with. We had a study guide and review day before each exam. Exams were graded fairly. Homework assignments were optional (not graded).Would definitely take a class w/her again!

5/22/14

MATH335

I cannot say enough good things about Professor Maloney. I took her for Algebra 2 and for Trigonometry. She was fantastic in both classes. Her class isn't crazy easy, but if you attend and do all your homework you will do great. She gives reviews for every test which is super helpful. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!

1/17/14

Stats 300

Easy class. She allows you a full page of notes front and back on all 3 of the tests. Gives occasional pop quizzes but they were usually open book open classmate, so they were easy. Homework isn't collected and the class itself was pretty chill. Lots of group/partner work so that was chill as well.

12/10/13

Ok awesome teacher! She is hilarious and approachable. The only thing that sucks is if you do NOT come to her with what you don't understand there is a good chance she wont go over it in class. First two tests were easy the last was really hard and she spent barely any time on it in class. It was very unclear what to study even with our studyguide

5/30/13

Stat 300

Explains really well. She is a good teacher for people who aren't good at math. She is very nice and SO FUNNY

12/20/12

Math120

She tries to make class interesting and tells old corny jokes to keep the class mood light. Teaching style can be a little confusing because she will teach multiple ways to achieve the answer. Tests seemed brutal however she gives a lot of partial credit for work. But if you go to class and pay attention and do the homework you should do great.

6/6/12

STATS300

She is a great teacher! I had stared a STATS class the semester before but had to drop. When I took Lori's class everything I didn't understand before made sense! She really wants you to be involved and active in the learning process and she wants you to understand WHY you are doing what you are- not just when to use what formula. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5/22/12

MATH335

She grew on me as the semester went on. Shes a funny laid back hippie woman that is extremely friendly and willing to help, gives good explanations. Always open for questions. Not a finicky tough grader but the class is not easy. She really encourages students to work together which I liked. First math class that I had fun in.

4/30/12

STAT300

I had to re-take stats this semester because I failed during Fall & she has been the most amazing teacher ever! She explains things very well and makes it so you completely understand the topic. Yes, she is a little crazy but I love it! Makes class fun! I would highly recommend her, especially if math isn't your strongest subject!

12/22/11

MATH120

...and then I took 120 again, got an A. I kept chugging on through Calculus 1 and 2 at Sac City. Now I just finished my last math course at Illinois State University - Discrete Math (Calc 2 prerequisite). In a sense, this teacher helped me...by kicking my butt constantly, and motivating myself to try harder and that I can achieve anything.

11/30/11

MATH120

I love Prof. Maloney. She so obviously loves her job and puts all her time and effort into her students. She is extremely understanding, easy to approach with problems/questions, and the way she explains and teaches is very easy to follow. I went back and took stats with her the very next semester. She's one of the best teachers I've had.

9/29/11

stats300

very weird. goes off topic toooooo often and doesn't teach a lot. too eccentric and takes a long time to do one problem (40 minutes)

4/3/11

Math120

She's a good teacher, who obviously loves what she does. Very helpful. She makes corny jokes, but her personality is so positive, they're actually kinda funny. Take her class =)

12/17/10

stats300

Great teacher. Actually cares about her students and will take the time to make learning fun for them.

6/12/10

MATH15

Although I had Lori as a professor some time ago, she was the professor that really launched me into an interest in advanced studies in mathematics. She was always helpful, always graded fairly, and always tried to help kindle an interest in math. I was fortunate to be one of her students.

5/21/10

Math335

The review tend to be harder than the actual tests. She is quirky, sometimes funny and sometimes flat. She is clear and does an excellent job of explaining. Just like any other class you get out what you put in. I would take this professor all the way till graduation if I could.

5/17/10

TRIG335

I don't understand all of the bad comments here! A very pleasant and helpful person. Really made the class fun! Best math teacher ever. Put in the work, and you'll do just fine.

5/7/10

Math335

All i can say is that her reviews were nothing like the test it self.(usually a few chapters behind) the worst teacher EVER. Takes Long brakes in the middle of lectures

More Mathematics professors at Sacramento City College