in Sacramento City College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Lori Maloney?
B+

08/03/2014
good
MATH335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Maloney is great and kind teacher. She really wants everyone to be excited about math and she makes it actually easy. She goes over homework questions and her exams are fair. She is very enthusiastic about the material. She will always find time for her students. If you are not good at math and want to understand it - take her.

05/28/2014
good
MATH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Maloney is the absolute best math teacher I've ever had! She instills confidence in her students and is very thorough. I love her sense of humor and her passion for math, it's so infectious! I can't wait to take her next semester!

05/24/2014
good
Math 335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Maloney is the best! She is so nice and is the most approachable and helpful math professor I've ever had. Always willing to go over anything that you need help with. We had a study guide and review day before each exam. Exams were graded fairly. Homework assignments were optional (not graded).Would definitely take a class w/her again!

05/22/2014
good
MATH335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

I cannot say enough good things about Professor Maloney. I took her for Algebra 2 and for Trigonometry. She was fantastic in both classes. Her class isn't crazy easy, but if you attend and do all your homework you will do great. She gives reviews for every test which is super helpful. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!

01/17/2014
good
Stats 300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easy class. She allows you a full page of notes front and back on all 3 of the tests. Gives occasional pop quizzes but they were usually open book open classmate, so they were easy. Homework isn't collected and the class itself was pretty chill. Lots of group/partner work so that was chill as well.

12/10/2013

Ok awesome teacher! She is hilarious and approachable. The only thing that sucks is if you do NOT come to her with what you don't understand there is a good chance she wont go over it in class. First two tests were easy the last was really hard and she spent barely any time on it in class. It was very unclear what to study even with our studyguide

05/30/2013
good
Stat 300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Explains really well. She is a good teacher for people who aren't good at math. She is very nice and SO FUNNY

12/20/2012
good
Math120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She tries to make class interesting and tells old corny jokes to keep the class mood light. Teaching style can be a little confusing because she will teach multiple ways to achieve the answer. Tests seemed brutal however she gives a lot of partial credit for work. But if you go to class and pay attention and do the homework you should do great.

06/06/2012
good
STATS300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher! I had stared a STATS class the semester before but had to drop. When I took Lori's class everything I didn't understand before made sense! She really wants you to be involved and active in the learning process and she wants you to understand WHY you are doing what you are- not just when to use what formula. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

05/22/2012
good
MATH335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She grew on me as the semester went on. Shes a funny laid back hippie woman that is extremely friendly and willing to help, gives good explanations. Always open for questions. Not a finicky tough grader but the class is not easy. She really encourages students to work together which I liked. First math class that I had fun in.

04/30/2012
good
STAT300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had to re-take stats this semester because I failed during Fall & she has been the most amazing teacher ever! She explains things very well and makes it so you completely understand the topic. Yes, she is a little crazy but I love it! Makes class fun! I would highly recommend her, especially if math isn't your strongest subject!

12/22/2011
good
MATH120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

...and then I took 120 again, got an A. I kept chugging on through Calculus 1 and 2 at Sac City. Now I just finished my last math course at Illinois State University - Discrete Math (Calc 2 prerequisite). In a sense, this teacher helped me...by kicking my butt constantly, and motivating myself to try harder and that I can achieve anything.

11/30/2011
good
MATH120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Prof. Maloney. She so obviously loves her job and puts all her time and effort into her students. She is extremely understanding, easy to approach with problems/questions, and the way she explains and teaches is very easy to follow. I went back and took stats with her the very next semester. She's one of the best teachers I've had.

09/29/2011
stats300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

very weird. goes off topic toooooo often and doesn't teach a lot. too eccentric and takes a long time to do one problem (40 minutes)

04/03/2011
good
Math120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's a good teacher, who obviously loves what she does. Very helpful. She makes corny jokes, but her personality is so positive, they're actually kinda funny. Take her class =)

12/17/2010
good
stats300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Actually cares about her students and will take the time to make learning fun for them.

06/12/2010
good
MATH15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although I had Lori as a professor some time ago, she was the professor that really launched me into an interest in advanced studies in mathematics. She was always helpful, always graded fairly, and always tried to help kindle an interest in math. I was fortunate to be one of her students.

05/21/2010
good
Math335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The review tend to be harder than the actual tests. She is quirky, sometimes funny and sometimes flat. She is clear and does an excellent job of explaining. Just like any other class you get out what you put in. I would take this professor all the way till graduation if I could.

05/17/2010
good
TRIG335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't understand all of the bad comments here! A very pleasant and helpful person. Really made the class fun! Best math teacher ever. Put in the work, and you'll do just fine.

05/07/2010
Math335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

All i can say is that her reviews were nothing like the test it self.(usually a few chapters behind) the worst teacher EVER. Takes Long brakes in the middle of lectures