in Meredith College that teach History Edit
at Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
are you Carolyn Happer?

01/03/2013
good
HIS102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I only had her for a few weeks when she filled in for Dr. Novak. I was really scared of her the 1st couple weeks, but after a while, I really started liking her teaching style. If you don't fidget/fall asleep/look bored during class, don't get up to use the bathroom during class, aren't late, participate, & don't call her ma'am, you will be fine.

11/28/2011
HIS305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Just be wary that she is very strict and does not treat students like they are in college. Everything HAS to be her way and you will not get along if you try to stray from that. If you are very opinionated and like to ask questions... stay away.

04/14/2011
good
HIS305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Such a funny teacher! She is great and is very passionate about the Holocaust class. This class focuses on other genocides as well. Classroom rules are a little high school-ish but follow the rules and you'll be fine. As long as you pay attention, do the work, and study you'll be fine!

08/21/2010
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely amazing teacher and wonderful woman! :)

07/03/2010
good
His101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Dr. Happer. She made learning about the beginning of history so much fun! She had the cutest drawings and she is always doing something crazy to keep us on our toes. I can't wait to take her Holocaust class!

11/21/2008
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The beginning of the semester is going to seem like Hell, but her students end up appreciating her and her sense of humor. She is very set in her ways (DO NOT YAWN, CHEW GUM, BE LATE, OR LEAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM). I hated her at first, but ended up being one of my favorites! She makes sure her information is thoroughly understood.

12/06/2007
HIS101B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

general notation - difficult professor to appreciate. I chose Western Civ for fall b/c I love history. WELL, students in this class are allowed minimal class participation, no spontaneous questions. Totally driven and monopolized by Dr. Happer. VERY disappointing.

11/16/2007
good
HIS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

As long as you take notes and attend classes, you'll do fine. She's a bit crazy and has a tendency to toss in subtle humor along the way. She tells you upfront exactly what to expect from her, and she's not joking about this! Don't chew gum or yawn in class or call her ma'am! Study your notes and be prepared to write short essays for her tests!

03/07/2007
HIS941 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

CRAZY. this woman is weird.. she suggested that we change the new mascot to the Meredith ****s...odd. Don't sneeze, blow your nose, take notes during her movies, or chew your nails.. she'll yell at you. ohh.. and DONT CALL HER MA'AM!

12/01/2005
HIS 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Happer is a cool Cat. Go 2 the restroom b4 her class starts, and dont write while she's playing the movies! And make sure u study 3 days b4 her tests.

11/29/2005
good
HIS 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she's a very funny lady. Don't leave class and pay attention to movies. her handwriting is terrible so listen and take notes. the class was interesting and dr. happer was a great overall professor.

08/30/2005
good
Life Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She used to slap my ass in the dining hall (no joke) - So one day in the hall I slapped hers. She is so awesome, and to this day still remembers me when I see her at NOFO. Awesome lady - Amster - Amster -dam dam dam!

06/07/2005
good
Holocaust Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Happer comes off as a little different at first. She has a lot to say and such a small amount of time to relay all the information to you. She captivates your attention. She is extremely helpful. I had a family emergency that took me out of class for over 3 weeks and she helped me stay up to speed and was very helpful when I got back.

05/10/2005
good
HIS 941 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If she likes you life is great so do your work and do not yawn in class. She is one of the most dedicated professors at Meredith. I've had her three times and loved every class. Holocaust can be depressing but is worth it.

05/06/2005
good

Happer is difficult, but an amazing professor! Ecletic like none other, her intellect is surpassed by few others. She is one of the most knowledgable and devoted professors at Meredith with an impeccable sense of humor! Don't yawn in her class, she'll hit you on the head with a notebook!

05/05/2005
good
his 941 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I would recommend ANYONE to take this class! You will learn SO much! Although it is a pretty depressing class, you will enjoy it! Dr. Happer is very unique- but in the end you will love her, too!

05/01/2005
HIS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is one of the worst professors I have ever had. Her teaching style has not evolved from when she began in the 60s and she could not care less about her students. I do not recommend taking her classes.

03/24/2005
good
Western & Holo Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's been one of the highlights of my Meredith experience. First day of class, she jumps on a desk and start singing. A brilliant lady with a flamboyant personality. Definitely keeps a captive audience! Don't yawn in her class though (she'll slap you in the head with a folder.)

01/12/2005
good
HIS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor! She comes off odd at first but you can't help to love her class. You have to work for your grade but she's always willing to help.

01/06/2005
advisor/educati Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

ok - this lady made my roommate nuts. she may know how to teach and have good teaching methods but as an advisor she made her feel like she was just going to get a job because they needed teachers not because of her education and skill. and my roommate is a GREAT teacher now...no thanks to Happer.