Michael Nielsen at Georgia Southern University

Michael Nielsen

Number of ratings 12 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/20/14

Psyc of Rel

Dr. Nielsen is a great professor. I was hesitant about taking his class after reading the comments but I actually made a perfect 100 in the class. I made 100s on all of the exams and homework. I had to do some work outside of class but it wasn't hard at all. If you come to class, do your homework, you are guaranteed and A!

12/10/13

Psych3231

Do not get me wrong. Nielsen is a cool teacher outside of teaching. He's very nice and sweet but He teaches the psych elective religion like its a graduate course. Never in his office so office hours are pointless. Exams are extremely hard and wordy. Essays on exam. The lectures are boring and the book you probably won't understand. Hard to get a B

7/19/11

psych3334

I took Dr. Nielsen after reading all of the comments posted here, he is helpful and willing to explain material. However, his tests are very wordy and unpredictable. The online notes are not enough to pass his tests. Attendance is not mandatory but it is necessary if you want a grade higher than a D.

7/26/10

PSYC1101

I took him after seeing all the great comments on here and he ended up being a terrible teacher. There are no quizzes or study guides and the test questions are wordy and confusing. The intro to psych class is very in depth and more like a graduate class.

10/20/08

PSYC1101

take this class in the summer. really easy, but there is a lot of reading. quizzes are straight from the stuff in the margin of the reading. he is really nice. will let you redo any quiz you want and attendance isn't mandatory. and most of class is movies. definetely take him!

12/8/05

Senior Research

I took the option to do this as an independent study class and was glad for it. Dr. Nielsen worked with me to pull my experiment together and then reviewed my paper every day during finals week until it was done. I got an A! Take time to get him to explain things, he's excellent about that!

10/30/05

Psyc 3334

Excellent teacher!! He will do anything he can to help the students understand the material. Makes class fun and enjoyable!!

8/31/05

Resrch. Methods

He made research methods a bit easier than a few other professors I know of. He's not too hard if you go to class and give it some effort.

8/31/05

Social Psych

Definitely not too hard if you go to class and pay attention.

7/23/05

PSYC 1101

****. I had a 69.8 and he gave me a D. Are you kidding!! I went to class every day and turned in all of the extra credit. His tests were hard. There was 1 where he told us what to study for and put a lot of other stuff on it. Haha funny...I think not this is my GPA were talking about. Stay away from his class.

12/11/03

PSYC 3131

Rater Interest

Not an easy class, but if you go every day and do the HW you will survive. Dr. Nielsen won't give you any bonus points at the end of semester if you ask him for help, but he will help you understand the material. Take notes, and pay attention.

8/7/03