in Montclair State University that teach English Edit
Grover Furr
at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ
are you Grover Furr?

04/01/2014
ENGL 240 01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Would frequently leave us alone in the class period. Gave us 20 minutes for the midterm. most people failed. Directions unclear. Waste of time. He doesn't believe we should be graded, but then fails half the class. If you want to fulfill credits do not take him he will ruin your gpa.

01/06/2014
good
ENGL240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely recommend Prof Furr to anyone who has any real interest in literature! He may come off as intimidating at first because of his appearance and ivy league background but he is just the sweetest man ever. Encourages group discussion which I love. Not difficult. Homework is the main part of your grade and it isn't hard. Furr is the greatest!

11/26/2013
good
GNED202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The guy is awesome, if you are willing to think for yourself, instead of letting fox news think for you. I can't wait to attend his class again!

08/28/2013
good
GNED-202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Years later, Grover Furr still stands out in my mind as one of the finest professors MSU has to offer.

08/26/2013
good
ENWR216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

So there's this: As a DIRECT result of Professor Furr's Intro to Journalism class, I got my first real newsroom job (in 1987), which led to my second newsroom job, which led to better and better jobs lo these 25 years. Is he a bit of an oddball? Sure. But if you can get past that, he has a lot to offer, and I'll always be indebted to the man.

08/24/2013
ENLT 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

The professor was incredibly dull and uninspiring as a lecturer. He managed to kill my interest in literature. He's entitled to his weird political views, but what I care about is how well he conveys his knowledge of literature. It was a great disappointment.

06/27/2013
good
ENGL239 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Intelligent. He is a great teacher. An inspiration.

04/03/2013
ENGL239 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

There is quite a bit of reading, but that is what you expect going into an English course. You have to read though in order to pass his class. You have to talk in a class discussion about readings. Two papers about the books we read and a final. Furr is not as bad as he is put out to be

03/22/2013
good
ENGL239 ENGL21 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

ALL about encouraging students to THINK FOR THEMSELVES! The discussion groups he puts us in definitely help with that. Some of the readings/assignments can get a little repetitive, but overall very intelligent and insightful. It's OK to disagree with his political views, but look past his teaching style and you'll see he does mean well.

01/12/2013
good
ENGL345 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

One of the most honest professors I have every come across... If you are interested in exchanging and learning (both ways) both English language and history, I would really recommend the professor Furr