Michael Newbrough at Palomar College

Michael Newbrough

Number of ratings 70 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/3/12

POLSC101

Dr. Newbrough is best PoliSci teacher at Palomar... knowledgeable, helpful and interesting

4/26/11

polsc101

Dr. Newbrough was by far the best instructor I ever had. I took Poly-Sci 101 and 102 from him, and he changed my life. He strengthened my beliefs and helped solidify them. He is a brilliant man. I hope he comes across this forum one day to see what an incredible impact he has made on so many lives.

2/13/10

POL101

The BEST professor I ever had all the way up to a Master's degree. I asked him why he was at a community college and he said that it was as high as he could go and still be focused on teaching. He loved teaching and you could really tell. Had him for POLSCI 101/102/110/133. Great professor.

5/19/07

POSC110

By far the most influential Professor that I've ever had. Had him for 101,102, and 110 and ended up transfering to his College...UCSB!None could match the the atmosphere he created and the impact he's had on students. I probably wouldn't have made it out of Palomar if I didn't have him, shame he's been gone.I'll always remember you Dr. Newbrough.

5/13/07

POLS101

One of the best Professors I ever had. As as former student who is now in law, I must say he has had some of the greatest infuence on my life as a teacher. He will be missed.

5/21/06

PSCI

The best teacher that I have ever had

9/12/05

POLS 110

Although I've come to highly disagree with some of his neocon views since I took his course three years ago, I must say I still like him. He was clear, passionate, and fair, although those students on the Left would have done best to stay clear of him. I still take exception to him claiming that the WSJ is unbiased, however.

9/9/05

IS100

Best Proffesor I have ever had, very sad to say that he is retired, his outlook on life and the world is inspiring.

9/8/05

Intl relations

Changed my perspective on life, politics, and the world. He is very open and honest and views topics from an almost spiritual level, a genius worthy of teaching at any of the top universities in the world, but luckily for us is right here at Palomar.

8/30/05

Poli Sci

He was the best Palomar had. Shame they forced him out.

6/23/05

POSC101

Dr. Newborough was by far my favorite college professor, I wish that I could have taken Polisci 110 from him,as well. The life lessons that he passed on in his class were precious little pieces of wisdom which I will always remember. He made class a joy and will be missed.

5/4/05

POsc 101-102

Greatest teacher ever, the one that motivated me to stay in school. Thank You

3/13/05

Poli Sci 101

1/16/05

POSC

Newbrough was definitely one of the best teachers I have ever had. Some of his ideas will stick with me for the rest of my life. Palomar really lost out with his retirement. Thanks for your inspiration!

12/14/04

POSC 101&102

Too bad he's retired. If you didn't take his class, you missed out. Very interesting, and if you studied your notes, you did great.

12/1/04

POSC 101

He is one of the best teachers i've every had. wish he was still teaching though....

12/1/04

POSC 101,102,

What a great teacher. Too bad they made life so miserable for him that he didnt want to keep teahing.

11/5/04

POSC 102

I enjoyed this class, although many people rave about the life lessons they learned from him (my mom took his class and recommended him), but I didn't take away much that I didn't already know. However, his positive outlook on life has changed mine; the world needs more positive people like him.

11/2/04

Pol 102

Best teacher EVER!! it is a shame he retired because so many student are going to miss out. He has provided me with not only political info but provided great life lessons. If he had not retired I would take him for fun, thats how good he was.

10/22/04

Poli 101

Last great political science professor of Palomar. No other professors can compare. I've tried to take other professors, but they are just horrendous in comparison. Bring back Newborough.

More Political Science professors at Palomar College