Brian Brock at San Jacinto College South

Brian Brock

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/23/14

MATH 1314

He is a good professor. Always asks if you have any questions on the homework. The homework is not for a grade just for practice. Mainly uses MyMath lab for online quizzes. I took this class during a summer semester, three days a week. It was fast paced because of the limited time, but if you put the work in then you can succeed. NOT AN EASY A.

8/15/13

1314 Math

Like a previous comment said hes only in it for the paycheck. Had him as a night class and had 30 people by close to the end of the semester only 10 people stayed. He is clear on how to do the work but when test time comes its a lot harder than the homework the book gives.

12/8/12

MATH1314

He is in it for the paycheck & that's it. Im making an A in class only because I took this class before. However, when he assigns the homework from the book, he tell you not to worry about certain problems or sections, yet these problems are on the tests. You have to teach yourself or you won't pass. Awful teacher, but very nice!

12/5/12

MATH1325

He is a good teacher. He is always there after class to answer questions.

12/4/12

math1314

DO NOT TAKE!!!He doesn't use the book to teach at all, but all the homework comes out of the book. He doesn't post homework on mymathlab which I find is more helpful. He goes over a few examples in class, we ALWAYS got dismissed early, and the homework was like nothing he taught. Completely taught myself, somehow passed with a B....

6/13/12

MATH1324

Excellent! Well-paced course. Don't miss 1 class or you'll be behind. Must do hmwk to do well (doesn't check/grade hmwk). Gives Math Lab extra credit. I recommend tutor, Syed, in ML. Gave 1 take-hm exam. Only negative is that his test grade posting is very delayed, but overall great professor. Learned a lot and earned an A! :) Brian Brock rocks!

6/1/12

Math1314

Before this class, I was horrible in algebra. He was very helpful and answered all questions and concerns that, I had. He allows you to use notes on the test and he gave extra credit to especially if, you attend my math lab in the library. I would recommend anyone to take him but, study consistently. He does teacher fast but, he will repeat himself

5/13/12

Math1324

Mr. Brock rocks. He gives yo a fighting chance. Wicked intelligence and is willing to help you at any time. Tests are fair. Be prepared and you will do well. I would definitely recommend Brian for any course he teaches.

8/9/11

Math1314

Brian is awesome. Have him for summer class. He does go fast especially in summer, but nothing all that crazy. At the beginning of every class he will ask if there are questions. If you speak up he will go through the problem step by step. Remember for math you have to practice and do your homework. Overall he is very fair and I enjoyed his class.

12/16/10

alg1314

i took mr brock for college alg. He is very knowlegable, and easy to understand. He goes fast, but will always go back if you don't understand a problem. make sure you have the book and mymath lab he use both. Lets you use notes on your test and grades on a curve. I have taken this class 2x before and passed this time with an A

8/22/10

PreCalc

Took him for precal during the summer, nice teacher very knowledgeable.He was too easy on us. I do not feel prepared for Calculus. He always ended class early because he said he was too far ahead. But, he could of used that time to make us experts in the sections or start the relation to calc. Instead we sometimes had 30 min class periods.

5/18/10

MATH1314

I have taken College Algebra four times prior to having him. Math is my weakness and Brian made it more manageable to learn. He was clear in explanations and knows his stuff. He always really takes in to account how much you put into the course in grading!

7/6/08

a22

I got an A in college Algebra with him. if you ask he would help, but of course you have to dedicate a lot of time at home. math requires a lot of practice.if you don't practice no one will be able to help you!

12/16/07

MATH1314

This class is super hard! 1 of my strong subjects is math and I was a 4.0 student until I took Mr. Brock and I got a D in his class. Tests are nothing like the lecture. He gives 1 or 2 examples per section but he misses a lot of test material. If you can take this class with someone else do so!

11/17/07

math1314

the worse teacher ever!he only shows you 1 example for each section and we would cover anywhere from 3 to 5 sections in under 2 hours.he says that the test come directly from his notes but most of the time,we didnt have notes for what was on the test.we paid for him to teach us not for the math lab tutors to teach us the math.good luck with this 1

11/16/07

math1314

i agree with the last person.If you are thinking about taking this class with him, you might be better off taking it as a hybrid or online because it seems that you will be teaching yourself everything.The math lab will be were you will be spending the rest of your free time and all the math lab kids will be your new best friends.Good luck

11/15/07

math1314

If you are interested in taking a class with this teacher think again!He sometimes teaches from the book and will only give one example.The test do not cover the material covered in class.He does not seem dedicated to his students and for those who don't understand the math lab is your teacher not the one you actually paid!Good Luck taking his clas

6/18/07

math1314

He helped me finally pass this class!!!!! He was able to get across to me what other teachers were not in the past.

5/18/06

Math 1314

I agree with the last person, Mr. Brock is a great teacher. You either get it or you don't, so don't cry about it and say it's the teacher's fault. Do the homework, yes put forth effort, and you won't have any problems.

1/18/06

College Algebra

This teacher really needs to be evaluated. He has a horrible way of teaching and I do not think he understands what he is teaching. He would not test on the information that we went over in class. Very confusing. Told the class our notes were horrible. Would often not teach the whole time and we only met once a week.

More Mathematics professors at San Jacinto College South