in Saddleback College that teach Music Edit
at Saddleback College, Mission Viejo, CA
are you Terry Newman?

09/07/2012
good
MUS28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class, and felt like I was being taught by Casey Kasem himself, and I know that immediately dates me! Terry is one of the most enthusiastic, excitingly entertaining, thought-provoking teachers I've ever had. GREAT class that I'm going to take again with my Dad this time!

09/02/2011
good
MUS28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof Newman is a good professor, but not an easy A, it has to be worked for. Great class, will learn about rock and roll and the music and origin. I love the class and was always willing to ask my questions. Attendance is a must. Great videos and knows his material well. Best part, for homework, go to two concerts and write a brief paper on them.

07/18/2011
good
Music28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

such a good teacher. will answer your questions. fun and interesting class to anyone who listens to music

01/09/2011
good

Very good teacher. Fun class with lots of music videos. He is very accessable and knows his stuff. Don't need the book but going to class is smart

12/24/2010
good
Music028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved this teacher he was real easy going. You don't really need a book. Just come to class and listen to the lectures. This class is not an easy A you have to work for your grade.

12/16/2010
good
Music28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A really great Professor! He is a wonderful public speaker and really nice guy. Best so far.

11/05/2010
good
MUS28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Newman is so Rad. My only advice is do NOT buy the "required book" you definitely do not need it. Waste of money. It's a straight forward class and really intriguing. Take lots of notes and when studying listen to the podcasts and you're guaranteed an A. He is so awesome.

08/27/2010
good
MUS28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher! Passionate about the material & it transfers to his teaching. Easy to understand, great music choices...awesome sound system! I learned a lot about bands I already love & discovered many I didn't know about. Take notes, read the text for further info or to clarify, show up and you'll pass. Fun class! I'll take it again for fun!

08/24/2010
good

I took his History of Rock class thinking it would be a total joke. It's easy, but was also one of the few classes where I showed up because I was genuinely interested in the class. Found a way for me to appreciate music I previously didn't care for and also provided greater insight into bands I already liked. Never needed the textbook though.

07/19/2010
good

I took the radio course. Firstly, don't buy the textbook. Listen to the radio sessions once around and take notes as you go, then listen to them in your car on the way to work/school and you'll dominate the test. And about a fifth of the final is on DSOTM.

07/15/2010
good
mus28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Newman is awesome. he's funny and the class is pretty easy just read the book and youll pass.

05/29/2010
good
Music28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Perfect guy to be teaching the class. He has an awesome voice too. Just thought I'd put that in there.

07/22/2009
good

good teacher, great class-easy day class, but final exam is difficult if you dont pay attention in class. never opened the book and got an A. two easy writing asignments about 2 concerts youve seen. overall, great teacher, somewhat difficult exam for a history of rock and roll class

06/15/2009
good
HIST28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher at Saddleback! The class is difficult if you don't study. Newman makes the class so interesting and fun tho, if you just go to class and pay attention you will do well!

05/01/2009
good
Mus101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Coolest Teacher On The Planet!!!

04/29/2009
good
MUS28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this class at Saddleback, in Fall of 2007. This is one of the best/most invigorating class experiences I had and you can get at Saddleback. It is what it sounds like. Its a history of Rock and Roll. Remember to take Good Notes and study ahead for the exams. The class is amazing and everyone should take it! Hail to Terry Newman!

01/06/2009
good

BEST CLASS EVER!!!! if you have any interest in rock you MUST take this class. you will learn to love and appreciate the classics. newman knows his**** and he's such an awesome guy in general. 2 tests and 2 concert reports (youll get an A as long as you do it) the tests seemed sooo hard to me but i got an A, just go to every class and take notes!

12/28/2008
good
Mus28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome class, awesome teacher. If you dig rock & roll, you'll enjoy every minute with Newman. The concert reports are easy A's, doesn't take roll. The tests are rather difficult, but study a bit and you'll be fine.

05/22/2008
good
MusMus Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's a really great guy. he knows his rock and loves to teach it to us. His tests were hard due to all the information you had to remember about so many people, but it doesnt change the fact that his class was chill and he's a great teacher.

05/21/2008
Mus28 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Newman is the man. If you have any passion at all for rock music you will enjoy this class. Midterm and Final are only hard if you don't read the assigned textbook readings and the 2 concert reports allow you to write openly about whoever you want to see. I liked his class ROCK ON TERRY!! VELVET REVOLVER RULES!