Kristina Heiks at Appalachian State University

Kristina Heiks

Number of ratings 37 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/9/13

ENG 2001

Oh my, how I hated this class. Everything we did in here seemed so pointless. Most assignments were unrelated to one another, like the journals. They all leaned to one side or the other, and Heiks expected you to have a hardcore viewpoint for or against it.

12/5/13

ENG2011

I do not recommend Kriss. She starts off the class w/ an article & journal almost every night. All of the journals are very political, though the class has nothing to do w/ politics. If you argue w/ her views, she tells you you're wrong. With papers, If you work for 2 days, you may get the same grade as someone who worked for 30 min. DONT TAKE HER

5/13/13

ENG1000

Kriss is a great professor. She is really helpful, and she lets you redo papers several times before you turn them in. Beware if you are a hardcore conservative. She's not afraid to argue with you in front of the whole class. She does not grade assignments harshly. I would definitely take her again if I had the chance.

3/27/13

ENG 1000

Kriss is AWESOME! Her grades consist of only a few papers and journals. NOT hard, just a little bit of reading and discussion. Attendance is mandatory and in class, you have to talk to get credit. Otherwise, she is laid-back, fun, and relaxed in class. p.s. DO NOT TEXT IN CLASS. but take her if you need a good english class under you belt!

3/5/13

ENG2001

Interesting instructor who makes class fun, but attendance is really important for her!

8/14/12

Eng2001

This is more like a debate class than a writing class. Most classes are spent debating liberal v. conservative views. If she doesn't agree with you on the topic of your papers she will lower the grade because of "unreliable" sources even if you know the matter. If you are going into any field in Criminal Justice steer CLEAR!!!!

4/18/12

ENG2001

Aaagh. Kriss sure does assign a lot of work for a gen ed class. She collects journal entries (aka homework) randomly, and I feel like I'd be motivated to actually do them if I knew when she was going to take them up. She's also extremely opinionated. If you disagree with her you won't be able to get a word in!

3/26/12

ENG1000

On the first day of class, Kriss told us to pick a cause we would like to spend the semester writing about. You spend the whole semester writing about it so pick something you're passionate about. I loved her class and she was a huge help She's a teacher you see in the hallway and she smiles, says hello and calls you by name. Awesome teacher!

12/10/10

ENG2001

UGH, Kriss. If you're reading this, just let it be known that you are a very stressful teacher. I felt as though when I was in that class I was belittled and treated as though I had never written a paper before. She makes you write a million drafts that have nothing to do with your final portfolio and it is ANNOYING. I would NOT take her again.

5/4/10

ENG1000

best teacher ever! we got to write about things that are actually interesting! shes super chill and going to class was fun! shes so awesome im taking her for my 2nd english! one of the best teachers ive ever had

3/25/10

ENG123

This is more like a debate class than a writing class. Most classes are spent debating liberal v. conservative views. The papers we have are very vague and no one really ever knows what's due or when it is due. If she doesn't agree with you on the topic of your papers she will lower the grade because of "unreliable" sources. Be careful!!

5/1/09

ENG1100

Very liberal. Papers are unclear. Wastes a lot of paper printing out 15, 10 page journals. Overall I'd give her a 7 out of 10.

4/26/09

ENG1000

Awesome woman. Had her last semester and really enjoyed the class. Great experience my freshman year; I highly recommend her.

11/21/08

ENG1000

Horrible. I thought it would be easy at the beginning of the semester but it gradually got hard. Mandatory classes, you can only miss three. She is extremely unclear on papers, bad with directions. Do not take her. There are other teachers that are better, I promise.

1/13/08

Eng1000

highly recommended! less than 4 papers all semester on a broad subject of your choice. plenty of time and editing workshops to make your papers as perfect as possible. fridays are class discussion days

11/26/07

Eng1000

Absolutly wonderful! I loved her. Classes are simple and you interact with not only her but everyone in the class. Very approachable. 3 papers and no exams. Take this class!

11/13/07

Eng1000

Classes are mostly writing workshops/lectures. She makes everything extremely clear and easy to understand. Very fair when it comes to grading, also explains why and how she graded your paper. Only 3 papers per term, to go alone with a one page journal every week.

12/12/06

exposwrit

I took her my freshman year, she is an great professor! A little out there with her political views! She really helped me with my writting and made class intresting. You do have to write 4 or 5 papers throughout the semester and re-write and edit them until she feels they are good. Class was not easy but fun! I ended up with an A!

11/17/06

Eng1000

I had her for expository writing. She's interesting and funny but scales her class on a B. Very hard to make an A. She is having us write research papers, essays, blogs, journals, blog reviews, and primary research all at the same time.. I don't think she even knows if she has everything together.

2/26/06

Eng 1100

If you'll be satisfied with a B in Introduction to Literature take her class. But, if you want an A, then I don't recommend her. It's really hard to make an A in her class.

More English professors at Appalachian State University