Joe Boyle at Brookdale Community College

Joe Boyle

Number of ratings 100 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

12/18/13

SOCI 101

Really good dude! He talks about the economy A LOT. Really does care about getting you to get a degree.

8/2/13

SOCI 101

Dr. Boyle was very fair. I thought his class was clear. I also found it quite easy. If you just keep up with the work, you will be fine.

7/14/13

soci 101

His grading is very hard. I have written many many papers and always do well, but I received a C from him. His tests are hard and he is not very clear on the material that is on them. He said for the test it would be just definitions but it was way more than that. Also he expects you to be on to respond to forums every day, which is ridiculous.

3/27/13

Soci101

Dr. Boyle thinks that community college classes are too easy, and he prides himself on making his classes a little more difficult. I got an A, but only because I worked my butt off. I'm a decent writer, and I only got a B on two of the three papers. He genuinely wants you to be prepared for the real world, and for that, I liked him.

2/13/13

SOCI101

I really enjoyed the online class. I thought we could have had more forums, but the overall class was fine. i got an A.

12/23/12

SOCI202

Not a hard class/teacher! First I wasn't sure if I could trust everything that he said. I wanted to believe him because he's my teacher, but some stuff just seemed wrong. After time, I liked him. He def wants you to become better students for the real world. He's looking out for your best interest. Great wake-up call to the slackers at B-dale.

12/21/12

SOCI202

Dr. Boyle is the ideal professor for anyone interested in learning and becoming smarter, not just get an easy A for aesthetic purposes. All of the material is applicable to the real world and he starts every class by answering all of the questions in the question box used for attendance. He truly cares about his students and his lectures.

12/19/12

SOCI202

Dr. Boyle gave us everything we needed to pass. He was really great. he has lots of handouts for every class and all chapters. I got an easy A.

12/18/12

SOCI101

I thought his class was an easy A. Just 3 exams, 3 papers, and plenty of extra credit. No homework. It's a lot of studying, but he gives you everything you need. College = work. College =/= handouts. Don't take him if you're a slacker.

12/18/12

CJU245

He is one of the worst professors I've ever had. He's obnoxious and thinks his views and opinions are the only right ones. His online class is ridiculous. He feels the need to critique grammar like he's an English major and basically makes you feel like whatever you've written has no value. Pompous, arrogant, and his grading scale is hard.

12/17/12

SOCI101

I just finished his final. He really gave us a lot of extra credit to help. Just go to class and study and you will be fine.

10/3/12

soci101

I loved his style. We learned a lot in class. He really tried to get us to think about economics witch I really find boring.

6/25/12

SOC101

I thought his class was pretty easy. Everything was organized and dr boyle gave it to us. I just kept up with the reading and came to class. I did pretty well. Smooth ride all term.

6/20/12

Soci101

Never hated a professor so much in my life. So opinionated and never gives any evidence to back up his numerous opinions that he states as fact. Tests extremely easy if you look over his notes and memorize the vocab words he assigns. Don't need to read textbook.

6/11/12

SOCI101

Dr. Boyle is a good guy. His class really helped me with my major which was psychology. he wants you to do well in the future.

5/10/12

SOCI101

If you are a procrastinator DO NOT take this class. DR. Boyle is a wonderful teacher who kept all of the discussion forum on my online class interesting but he is a tough grader. You get out of this class what you put into it. Good Luck!

5/2/12

SOCI101

Professor Boyle is a professor that any student with any major or career path needs to take. All of the subject matter has real life applications, and his real world connections/stories make the class very interesting. Plain and simple, you will like learning after having his class. I cannot wait to take him again he is just a very smart man.

12/26/11

Soc101

Caring, funny, and helpful -- probably the best at Brookdale. He's not easy, though. You have to actually work, but what's great is that he makes you want to.

12/19/11

SOCI101

He really cared about us. He has some funny story every week. Some are sad though....just a good guy.

11/12/11

SOCI101

Great professor. Material clean and concise. Has a sense of humor and very knowledgeable. Calender use great to keep up with due dates. Excellent communication. Took this as an online class, glad I got him as a teacher.

More Sociology professors at Brookdale Community College