Joe Boyle at Brookdale Community College

Joe Boyle

Number of ratings 105 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

6/16/14

Sociology 101

I definitely would not recommend this teacher. Although he grades very easily on your online forums, his paper grading is very harsh. I received a D on a paper and his comment as to why is that it was "average", and average at the college level is passing. Also gives lecture power points but half the info for tests you have to look up on your own.

6/15/14

Soc 101

Open

Grade ReceivedC+

If you want a teacher who doesn't respond to your concerns and questions and gives you 40 minutes to complete an 80 question test hen this is your teacher

5/13/14

SOCI 101

I'm not sure about some of the posts. Dr. Boyle was great. He really wants everyone to get a degree. i wish everyone was like him.

5/7/14

soc 101

TERRIBLE! I am an A/B student and I'm doing terrible in his class. All he wants to talk about is how Brookdale students have a very low success rate. His grading scale is impossible and he does not even give you a clue what will be on exams. He prides himself on being a hard professor. WORST PROFESSOR EVER.

5/7/14

SOCI 101

He was just a great guy. He really showed me how to pick a transfer school. He talked about how to not avoid losing credits. Tests can be hard.

12/18/13

SOCI 101

Really good dude! He talks about the economy A LOT. Really does care about getting you to get a degree.

8/2/13

SOCI 101

Dr. Boyle was very fair. I thought his class was clear. I also found it quite easy. If you just keep up with the work, you will be fine.

7/14/13

soci 101

His grading is very hard. I have written many many papers and always do well, but I received a C from him. His tests are hard and he is not very clear on the material that is on them. He said for the test it would be just definitions but it was way more than that. Also he expects you to be on to respond to forums every day, which is ridiculous.

3/27/13

Soci101

Dr. Boyle thinks that community college classes are too easy, and he prides himself on making his classes a little more difficult. I got an A, but only because I worked my butt off. I'm a decent writer, and I only got a B on two of the three papers. He genuinely wants you to be prepared for the real world, and for that, I liked him.

2/13/13

SOCI101

I really enjoyed the online class. I thought we could have had more forums, but the overall class was fine. i got an A.

12/23/12

SOCI202

Not a hard class/teacher! First I wasn't sure if I could trust everything that he said. I wanted to believe him because he's my teacher, but some stuff just seemed wrong. After time, I liked him. He def wants you to become better students for the real world. He's looking out for your best interest. Great wake-up call to the slackers at B-dale.

12/21/12

SOCI202

Dr. Boyle is the ideal professor for anyone interested in learning and becoming smarter, not just get an easy A for aesthetic purposes. All of the material is applicable to the real world and he starts every class by answering all of the questions in the question box used for attendance. He truly cares about his students and his lectures.

12/19/12

SOCI202

Dr. Boyle gave us everything we needed to pass. He was really great. he has lots of handouts for every class and all chapters. I got an easy A.

12/18/12

SOCI101

I thought his class was an easy A. Just 3 exams, 3 papers, and plenty of extra credit. No homework. It's a lot of studying, but he gives you everything you need. College = work. College =/= handouts. Don't take him if you're a slacker.

12/18/12

CJU245

He is one of the worst professors I've ever had. He's obnoxious and thinks his views and opinions are the only right ones. His online class is ridiculous. He feels the need to critique grammar like he's an English major and basically makes you feel like whatever you've written has no value. Pompous, arrogant, and his grading scale is hard.

12/17/12

SOCI101

I just finished his final. He really gave us a lot of extra credit to help. Just go to class and study and you will be fine.

10/3/12

soci101

I loved his style. We learned a lot in class. He really tried to get us to think about economics witch I really find boring.

6/25/12

SOC101

I thought his class was pretty easy. Everything was organized and dr boyle gave it to us. I just kept up with the reading and came to class. I did pretty well. Smooth ride all term.

6/20/12

Soci101

Never hated a professor so much in my life. So opinionated and never gives any evidence to back up his numerous opinions that he states as fact. Tests extremely easy if you look over his notes and memorize the vocab words he assigns. Don't need to read textbook.

6/11/12

SOCI101

Dr. Boyle is a good guy. His class really helped me with my major which was psychology. he wants you to do well in the future.

More Sociology professors at Brookdale Community College