in Brookdale Community College that teach Sociology Edit
are you Joe Boyle?
B-

12/17/2014
good
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B
"Inspirational" "Tough Grader" "Gives good feedback"

I thought Dr. Joe was excellent. The grading was fair but not studying would hurt you. Please make sure to study. He provides all of the words and handouts. Study them and it is a piece of cake.

12/08/2014
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Never bite the hand that feeds you. Knocks on students who attend community college. Remember this Joe, a community college signs your paychecks, and oh by the way didn't you start at one?

06/16/2014
good
Sociology 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I definitely would not recommend this teacher. Although he grades very easily on your online forums, his paper grading is very harsh. I received a D on a paper and his comment as to why is that it was "average", and average at the college level is passing. Also gives lecture power points but half the info for tests you have to look up on your own.

06/15/2014
Soc 101 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C+

If you want a teacher who doesn't respond to your concerns and questions and gives you 40 minutes to complete an 80 question test hen this is your teacher

05/13/2014
good
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm not sure about some of the posts. Dr. Boyle was great. He really wants everyone to get a degree. i wish everyone was like him.

05/07/2014
soc 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

TERRIBLE! I am an A/B student and I'm doing terrible in his class. All he wants to talk about is how Brookdale students have a very low success rate. His grading scale is impossible and he does not even give you a clue what will be on exams. He prides himself on being a hard professor. WORST PROFESSOR EVER.

05/07/2014
good
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He was just a great guy. He really showed me how to pick a transfer school. He talked about how to not avoid losing credits. Tests can be hard.

12/18/2013
good
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Really good dude! He talks about the economy A LOT. Really does care about getting you to get a degree.

08/02/2013
good
SOCI 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Boyle was very fair. I thought his class was clear. I also found it quite easy. If you just keep up with the work, you will be fine.

07/14/2013
soci 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

His grading is very hard. I have written many many papers and always do well, but I received a C from him. His tests are hard and he is not very clear on the material that is on them. He said for the test it would be just definitions but it was way more than that. Also he expects you to be on to respond to forums every day, which is ridiculous.

03/27/2013
good
Soci101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Boyle thinks that community college classes are too easy, and he prides himself on making his classes a little more difficult. I got an A, but only because I worked my butt off. I'm a decent writer, and I only got a B on two of the three papers. He genuinely wants you to be prepared for the real world, and for that, I liked him.

02/13/2013
good
SOCI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed the online class. I thought we could have had more forums, but the overall class was fine. i got an A.

12/23/2012
good
SOCI202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not a hard class/teacher! First I wasn't sure if I could trust everything that he said. I wanted to believe him because he's my teacher, but some stuff just seemed wrong. After time, I liked him. He def wants you to become better students for the real world. He's looking out for your best interest. Great wake-up call to the slackers at B-dale.

12/21/2012
good
SOCI202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Boyle is the ideal professor for anyone interested in learning and becoming smarter, not just get an easy A for aesthetic purposes. All of the material is applicable to the real world and he starts every class by answering all of the questions in the question box used for attendance. He truly cares about his students and his lectures.

12/19/2012
good
SOCI202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Boyle gave us everything we needed to pass. He was really great. he has lots of handouts for every class and all chapters. I got an easy A.

12/18/2012
good
SOCI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I thought his class was an easy A. Just 3 exams, 3 papers, and plenty of extra credit. No homework. It's a lot of studying, but he gives you everything you need. College = work. College =/= handouts. Don't take him if you're a slacker.

12/18/2012
CJU245 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is one of the worst professors I've ever had. He's obnoxious and thinks his views and opinions are the only right ones. His online class is ridiculous. He feels the need to critique grammar like he's an English major and basically makes you feel like whatever you've written has no value. Pompous, arrogant, and his grading scale is hard.

12/17/2012
good
SOCI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I just finished his final. He really gave us a lot of extra credit to help. Just go to class and study and you will be fine.

10/03/2012
good
soci101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved his style. We learned a lot in class. He really tried to get us to think about economics witch I really find boring.

06/25/2012
good
SOC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought his class was pretty easy. Everything was organized and dr boyle gave it to us. I just kept up with the reading and came to class. I did pretty well. Smooth ride all term.