Hung Vu at Tarrant County College (all)

Hung Vu

Number of ratings 114 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

7/4/14

Biol 2401

Dr.Vu is a great professor, I have learned so much from his class. Never pay attention in class, but I spent the whole 2 hours in class listening to his lecture and got an A. You just have to attend class every day because his tests are based on his lecture. Dont need to read the book, just read the powerpoint and take good notes.

6/26/14

BIOL01

This class is very tough. Defiantly will take up the majority of the time if you take it during the summer. I struggles only because of the fast paced schedule. Overall Vu is a good teacher but in my opinion his test have too much critical thinking for A&P 1. Enter this class with caution . YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK FOR WHATEVER GRADE YOU WANT!

6/4/14

Grade ReceivedB+

I LOVE Dr. Vu. One of the best professors I have ever had. He is passionate about what he teaches and has a great story. This class was tough but I loved being challenged and Vu makes you think critically. I took another prof for A&P2 in the summer & I'm kicking myself for not taking Vu. He prepared me well for medschool. Such a warm-hearted man.

4/18/14

BIOL-2402

I think everyone going into nursing should take Vu, but anyone having a hard time understanding thick accents should stay away. Also, it's very important that you don't take him if you aren't a VERY fast test taker. You can study all day and night, but there isn't an adequate amount of time allotted for the tests given the depth of the questions.

4/15/14

Dr Vu is a really good professor but he is hard. Recommend to take it if you give your full effort and time in this class. only took 3 classes because i need an A for A&P and right now i'm making all A's for the tests. record his lessons! it was easier for me and also take good notes. study 24/7 and you'll do fine.

4/3/14

BIOL-2402

I loved Vu's class, but that is only because I like A&P. His class is best for those going in to the nursing field. He goes to a level of depth that isn't necessarily right for other programs. It isn't taught as the survey course it is meant to be. Ex: having to learn a long list of medications, both generic name and brand name

3/23/14

ANATOMY

If your goal is to love and understand the information better than you ever have before then take Vu! BUT if you are looking for an easy A...then stay far far away from his class. I have never worked so hard for an A in my entire life, but I've also never appreciated an A so much either. I LOVED Dr. Vu!

3/17/14

Anatomy

Very hard I hope to escape with a B. I have a bad lab instructor so A&P is hard for this semester. Dr.Vu knows his stuff. Ive defiantly learned a lot. His test will just break you. I wouldn't take him unless you want to be a doctor.

12/13/13

BIOL 2402

Blessed to have taken Dr. Vu. He cares deeply about his students' educational standards, & rightly prepares them for their profession. Study ALOT, read the book, take good notes. 2 tests online 2 in class. A lot of his quizzes are based on attendance. Understand that you cannot slack off in this class. Be prepared to study!!

12/6/13

AP 2401

Dr. Vu is a wonderful teacher. Very funny. If learning is easy you well love him. Hard for me to understand. Test were very hard. He is very helpful. If you pass his class you can go on to be a doctor. Thats how much you learn.

8/17/13

Grade ReceivedC+

Dr. Vu is a wonderful teacher. He gives a purpose to learning the material, not just the ability to impractically regurgitate information for the semester. I like that his lab practicals make you think critically and not get you used to viewing everything in perfect anatomical position. His lecture exams however, involve obscure critical thinking.

8/16/13

BIOL24012402

Dr. Vu was great. Challenging and not the easiest but you will definitely learn ALOT. Took both A&PI & II in the summer and it was fast and tough. Test are multiple choice, but tricky and make you think. Grades on a curve. Only take in summer if you have no other classes and no job. I studied a lot and got A's in both I & II.

6/10/13

Biol 2401

Dr.Vu is the best teacher on earth. U will not only learn but understand A&P as well. He's extremely helpful!! Hard test, but u gotta take notes and study hard to be in medical field guys. 4 in-class tests and 1 online, 12 quizz(drop 2 lowest). Tests come from ppt and your mind :). I Passed with an A and so glad i took his class

5/29/13

Biol 2401

Great professor! I learned a lot from him and made an A but it required studying. Listen to his tips because they are helpful. If he says you have to know everything you do! Don't expect to leave the class without knowing anything too.

5/14/13

BIOL 2401

Dr. Vu is a good teacher and I will not recommend taking this class online! His very compassionate about teaching and his stories are funny. If you take him see if has a student assistant...(his SI saved me!!)If you going into the medical field some of his questions test on his test are critical thinking.

5/8/13

BIOL 2401

Hard to pass his class if attendance is poor. Exams AND pop quizzes are all critical thinking and problem solving. NO extra credit. He's funny and passionate and if you are looking to be a doctor or nurse, he will be the perfect professor that will help make the material "stick". RECORD HIS LECTURES. Trust me. He goes fast.

2/15/13

BIO2402

Dr. Vu is the best teacher I have ever had. He is hard, but fair and is willing to help if you ask. If you are serious about the medical field and want to learn the RIGHT way take him, if you want any easy A forget it. You will study more for this class than any other. Critical thinking a must and record his lectures it will save you!

12/14/12

bio2304

Great teacher, he has great passion of teaching, but do not expect an easy A. I really worked hard through the semester and got myself A.

12/11/12

BIOL2402

He's a great teacher and absolutely loves what he does. He's a character and I personally loved his class. The tests may be more difficult but he'll help you as long as you ask for it. If you take this class I HIGHLY recommend you go to all of the lectures

11/28/12

BIOL1406

Professor Vu is REALLY hard!! I took him for A&P. He is a good lecturer, & hes funny/cheerful, but his TESTS are HARD!! They're really tricky. & it almost seemed like what he talked about in lecture wasnt what was on the tests. *sigh* be prepared to STUDY!!!!!!!

More Biology professors at Tarrant County College (all)

1.5