Don Drew at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Don Drew

Number of ratings 227 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

6/5/14

MAT 1033

I took Intermediate Alg. online and it was a disaster. Anytime I would email Prefessor Drew it would take days for him to respond. Specifically one time I told him I was having trouble understanding a problem & his reply (2 days later) was to find a tutor.

5/4/14

intermidiate al

Grade ReceivedA-

If you are not good at maTH, do not take him, he is pretty goo, but very, very, awfully strict.

4/21/14

mac 1140

Horrible instructor. He is rude when you ask questions. He slaps up entire completed problems then talks the whole time you are rushing to copy it down. Doesn't work through problems step by step. Don't take him unless you can teach yourself.

3/20/14

Mac 1102

SPC really did a number picking this guy. They clearly threw the criteria of "knowing how to teach" "knowing how to work with people" and "common respect for others" out the window because he meets none of them. He's rude, obnoxious, ungracious, and undeserving of a teaching certificate. Avoid this guys class at all cost. Cell Phone May signing out

2/20/14

MAC1140

Worst professor ever. So unprofessional. He is loud, yells at students, EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL. It goes beyond my comprehension how a person like him can be a college professor. If you want to do well DO NOT TAKE HIM...If you are late to class by 1 min he'll make you sign a tardy sheet.

1/14/14

MAC 1105

I took Mr. Drew for MAC 1033/MAC 1105. He's pretty strict, can somewhat be confusing in lectures and grades harshly on tests, but he wants you to know the material inside & out and show every step possible. He also hates texting and being tardy. If you can follow the rules and study the HW a lot outside of class you'll do fine. I got a B twice.

1/12/14

Inter. Alg

I took his class two years ago and when ever I want to relate to my "worst college experience" or why I should ALWAYS use rate my professor, I go here. If you want to pass the class- take another teacher! Or suffer and learn for yourselves

11/25/13

MAT1105

Professor Drew is very unprofessional when it comes to teaching; He yelled my grade out in front of the class. He yells at his students and treats them like children in middle school. He is unconsistant with what he says and is a very hard test grader. I've taken math harder than this class but was forced to withdraw because he is so unreasonable.

11/17/13

mac 1105

He is a terrible teacher he doesn't work with the students and takes points off of test and quizzes over equal signs or anything he doesn't like i would never in a million years recommended him

10/15/13

MAT 1033

Professor Drew is extremely strict and unwilling to work with students. I read these comments previously before taking his class and figured it would be worth a challenge. I have a standing C right now and cannot bring it up because he marks points off of tests and quizzes for useless reasons. Don't make the same mistake I did by taking his class.

9/17/13

MAT1105

Be prepared to teach yourself the material, or seek outside help to learn anything.

8/21/13

Mac1105

I love math and I'm a good student I always try to find a teacher that will challenge me to learn but not explaining the problems AT ALL is a little much esp. at a beginning level

6/27/13

Mac 1105

He was very hard. I dont know about the whole "college" comment below. He was strict and had no mercy. I took another college algebra class and got an A I would have failed his class if I stayed in it. I love math but did not like HIS class at all.

5/10/13

mat1033

Worst professor I have had in my two years at SPC. Very rude to students and makes you feel stupid for asking questions. I should have dropped class but I did try. Do not take Dr. Drew unless you know the material.

4/22/13

MAT1033

Very HARD ... explain's 1 time if you get it great, if you did'nt, HE DOES NOT CARE. Very hard teacher, Very hard

4/16/13

MAC1105

This is a tough class that I would recommend you come prepared for. This is not a bad professor but just be prepared and you should be ok!

4/10/13

MAC1105

Don't even think about taking this guy for MAT1033, MAC1105, and MAC1140. His way of teaching math will confuse you and you probably ended up struggling his class. If his class is open, wait for another professor.

3/15/13

MAT1033

Do not take this teacher. Even if the subject is easy his teaching methods are vague at best. I am only passing this class because I took the same math course in high school. He has an ego and responds to all questions condescendingly. Teachers should inspire you and challenge you, not look down on you.

2/21/13

MAC1105

A completely unreasonable individual. Doesn't want to take time to actually teach, only barrage with notes. Felt bad for students that raised their hands for a question, his tone borders condescending and degrading. You'd literally see people pretend he clarified. Is insanely anal with tests, and unnecessarily hard, for a college algebra class.

2/13/13

MAC1140

Really bad teacher. grades harsh & deducts points if you don't show the work his way. Notes don't resemble the test & quiz since he worded it out differently. Final exam isn't like the lessons we covered. If you wanna pass math, take someone else because if you have him good luck fighting for your grade.

More Mathematics professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)