in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Mathematics Edit
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Don Drew?
B-
12/14/2014
MAT 1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass."

My first year in college and this professor made me question why I was even there. Rude, condescending, ignorant, insufferable. Tests & quizzes are way too hard, & he doesn't TEACH anything he only antagnizes and degrades his students. Avoid this dreadful class at all costs. Someone needs to knock this guy off his high horse.

12/09/2014
MAT 1033 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-

I took Intermediate algebra online and basically taught myself, he was no help. If I had a question I wouldn't hear back from his email for days after when it was too late. I ran out of time on ONE test the whole semester, I asked to retake it and all he said was that "It's passed due now" He's horrible, can't imagine taking his class in person.

12/07/2014
Pre Calculus Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: WD
"Tough Grader"

Do not take Dr. Drew. I should have dropped his class the first day when he came in and started ranting about is bad reviews on this website and from students that went to the Dean. The first time I went to ask him for help he was very rude and kept telling me I didn't know the subject. Not so helpful. He would probably make a good drill sergeant.

11/23/2014
MAT 1033 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Pop quiz master" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Tough Grader"

This was my first year of college, and this guy has led me to withdraw for my first time. He doesn't finish going over the whole chapter before giving you the test, and he talks more trash about past students than he actually teaches. He is just one of those professors that care more about his paycheck than your education. STAY AWAY.

11/09/2014
good
mat1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass."

He's a wonderful teacher! He tells it like it is. if you dont try you wont pass, other than that, its an easy A!

11/06/2014
Algerbra Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

If you already don't know the subject you are taking with him you will most likely not do well. He wants things his way it does not matter if your method from another class is correct you're still wrong. Points off your test if you are late and if someones phone rings and won't admit to it everyone loses points. He refuses to answer questions.

10/13/2014
1001 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C-
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Pop quiz master" "Tough Grader"

Horrible, rude, angry no help. Plus he got mad when I would ask questions

09/03/2014
good
MAC 1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Drew is tougher than most professors at SPC. He'll take off points if your work isn't in the format he specified (even if the answer itself is correct), but it's more about seeing where you went wrong so that he can show you the right way. If you're looking for an easy 'A', look elsewhere. If you want your 'A' to mean something, take Mr. Drew.

06/05/2014
MAT 1033 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took Intermediate Alg. online and it was a disaster. Anytime I would email Prefessor Drew it would take days for him to respond. Specifically one time I told him I was having trouble understanding a problem & his reply (2 days later) was to find a tutor.

05/04/2014
intermidiate al Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A-

If you are not good at maTH, do not take him, he is pretty goo, but very, very, awfully strict.

04/21/2014
mac 1140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Horrible instructor. He is rude when you ask questions. He slaps up entire completed problems then talks the whole time you are rushing to copy it down. Doesn't work through problems step by step. Don't take him unless you can teach yourself.

03/20/2014
Mac 1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

SPC really did a number picking this guy. They clearly threw the criteria of "knowing how to teach" "knowing how to work with people" and "common respect for others" out the window because he meets none of them. He's rude, obnoxious, ungracious, and undeserving of a teaching certificate. Avoid this guys class at all cost. Cell Phone May signing out

02/20/2014
MAC1140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor ever. So unprofessional. He is loud, yells at students, EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL. It goes beyond my comprehension how a person like him can be a college professor. If you want to do well DO NOT TAKE HIM...If you are late to class by 1 min he'll make you sign a tardy sheet.

01/14/2014
good
MAC 1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Mr. Drew for MAC 1033/MAC 1105. He's pretty strict, can somewhat be confusing in lectures and grades harshly on tests, but he wants you to know the material inside & out and show every step possible. He also hates texting and being tardy. If you can follow the rules and study the HW a lot outside of class you'll do fine. I got a B twice.

01/12/2014
Inter. Alg Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took his class two years ago and when ever I want to relate to my "worst college experience" or why I should ALWAYS use rate my professor, I go here. If you want to pass the class- take another teacher! Or suffer and learn for yourselves

11/25/2013
MAT1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Drew is very unprofessional when it comes to teaching; He yelled my grade out in front of the class. He yells at his students and treats them like children in middle school. He is unconsistant with what he says and is a very hard test grader. I've taken math harder than this class but was forced to withdraw because he is so unreasonable.

11/17/2013
mac 1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a terrible teacher he doesn't work with the students and takes points off of test and quizzes over equal signs or anything he doesn't like i would never in a million years recommended him

10/15/2013
MAT 1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Drew is extremely strict and unwilling to work with students. I read these comments previously before taking his class and figured it would be worth a challenge. I have a standing C right now and cannot bring it up because he marks points off of tests and quizzes for useless reasons. Don't make the same mistake I did by taking his class.

09/17/2013
MAT1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Be prepared to teach yourself the material, or seek outside help to learn anything.

08/21/2013
Mac1105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I love math and I'm a good student I always try to find a teacher that will challenge me to learn but not explaining the problems AT ALL is a little much esp. at a beginning level