in Nassau Community College that teach Science Edit
1.7
1.5

06/29/2014
good
105 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I was in the recent summer 105 course as well....and I have to say that I learned a lot. I could tell by some of the other peoples comments during class breaks that they really didn't want to be there and they thought this was going to be a easy community college A. I have had lots of wonderful professors at NCC including this one. I will miss NCC

06/15/2014
AST105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: WD

Professor Benitt spends more time discussing UFO's and Big Foot, than he does teaching Astronomy. He is obsessed with neatness and completely irrational. His teaching style is haphazard and confusing. He is all over the board, which makes it hard to copy down notes. My notebook looked like a treasure with all of the arrows I had to draw.

05/17/2014
Sci105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C

He is a horrible professor I really do not recommend anyone to take his class he talks down to you like if you are a moron, says horrible mean jokes, and his grading is just horrible DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!

04/23/2014
SCI105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Do NOT take his class unless you are looking to be stressed and fail. I am a hardworking student and complete all my assignments yet that doesn't seem to matter. He yells at you or makes a sarcastic remark if you ask a question even when you go to his office hours he makes you feel dumb too. Just do yourself a favor and don't take him!!

04/21/2014
Sci 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is an awful professor. He is very condescending, very mundane and boring and makes you feel stupid for asking questions. Advisors and tougher professors alike dislike him and tell students to avoid him at all costs. He's simply not a pleasant man. He doesn't know how to teach students that aren't science majors and teaches them all like they are

12/30/2013
good
SCI 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I just finished up astronomy with prof Benito. I ended up getting an A in the course. The material is very interesting and you get to see the planetarium as well as go to Jones Beach at night with the telescopes, I learned a lot about astronomy which was a lot more interesting than taking bio again.

10/24/2013
good
sci 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The professor is very helpful. I ended up getting a B+ but that is my fault because I didn't do well on a few labs because I was working overtime. Hint...go to his office hours he is very helpful.

05/31/2013
Sci105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Because of the difficult level he chose’s to teach the curriculum, in addition to the vague instructions on homework and lab assignments. I had no choice but to treat his class as if it were the only one I was taking. He tells his students that going to his office hours "show to him that a student is taking initiative

05/31/2013
Sci 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I treated his class like the only one I was taking and got a D in his class. And now have to remain at Nassau and take another science course to make up for the D I have received. Prof. Bennit is not an inspiring professor he is very discouraging.

01/12/2013
AST105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He really is a brilliant person and loves to talk about his knowledge. However, he is a bad professor. He does not stay on topic and will repeat the same stories over and over again. Every time I would ask a question, he would make me feel stupid. Even other professors in his field know how bad he is.