in Nassau Community College that teach Science Edit
1.7
1.5

06/29/2014
good
105 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I was in the recent summer 105 course as well....and I have to say that I learned a lot. I could tell by some of the other peoples comments during class breaks that they really didn't want to be there and they thought this was going to be a easy community college A. I have had lots of wonderful professors at NCC including this one. I will miss NCC

06/15/2014
AST105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: WD

Professor Benitt spends more time discussing UFO's and Big Foot, than he does teaching Astronomy. He is obsessed with neatness and completely irrational. His teaching style is haphazard and confusing. He is all over the board, which makes it hard to copy down notes. My notebook looked like a treasure with all of the arrows I had to draw.

05/17/2014
Sci105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C

He is a horrible professor I really do not recommend anyone to take his class he talks down to you like if you are a moron, says horrible mean jokes, and his grading is just horrible DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!

04/23/2014
SCI105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Do NOT take his class unless you are looking to be stressed and fail. I am a hardworking student and complete all my assignments yet that doesn't seem to matter. He yells at you or makes a sarcastic remark if you ask a question even when you go to his office hours he makes you feel dumb too. Just do yourself a favor and don't take him!!

04/21/2014
Sci 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is an awful professor. He is very condescending, very mundane and boring and makes you feel stupid for asking questions. Advisors and tougher professors alike dislike him and tell students to avoid him at all costs. He's simply not a pleasant man. He doesn't know how to teach students that aren't science majors and teaches them all like they are

12/30/2013
good
SCI 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I just finished up astronomy with prof Benito. I ended up getting an A in the course. The material is very interesting and you get to see the planetarium as well as go to Jones Beach at night with the telescopes, I learned a lot about astronomy which was a lot more interesting than taking bio again.

10/24/2013
good
sci 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The professor is very helpful. I ended up getting a B+ but that is my fault because I didn't do well on a few labs because I was working overtime. Hint...go to his office hours he is very helpful.

05/31/2013
Sci105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Because of the difficult level he chose’s to teach the curriculum, in addition to the vague instructions on homework and lab assignments. I had no choice but to treat his class as if it were the only one I was taking. He tells his students that going to his office hours "show to him that a student is taking initiative

05/31/2013
Sci 105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I treated his class like the only one I was taking and got a D in his class. And now have to remain at Nassau and take another science course to make up for the D I have received. Prof. Bennit is not an inspiring professor he is very discouraging.

01/12/2013
AST105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He really is a brilliant person and loves to talk about his knowledge. However, he is a bad professor. He does not stay on topic and will repeat the same stories over and over again. Every time I would ask a question, he would make me feel stupid. Even other professors in his field know how bad he is.

10/25/2012
AstroSol Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The guy is really really smart, he has an endless amount of knowledge that he has no problem sharing. He likes answering questions, its just that he doesnt shutup. His attendance policy is crazy, being late is equivalent to an absense. Alot of stuff on tests is not said in class but just read the textbook pages he gives you weeks to read.

08/28/2012
Astro107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst professor I have ever taken. I am not dramatic, nor am I a lazy student so take everything I say as the truth. This man is nasty, ruthless, and on an ego trip. His tests are riddles, he tries to trick you! If you're taking his class tape record them because things he says once are on the test! Good luck & may the force be with you.

05/18/2012
SCI141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Guy is a looney toon! If you dont have interest in Ghosts and UFOS and stuff then DO NOT TAKE!!

03/12/2012
Sci141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Do not take his Meta Science class unless you are genuinely interested in the topics covered. He never stops talking, he is a terrible bore, and he takes the material way too seriously. He gives you way too much information to work with and isn't clear enough in what will be on the test. Expects way too much from his students. Just don't!

01/16/2012
Sci105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The man has issues with himself and takes many of his lack of teaching ability out on the class. Don't dare ask a question get ready to get chewed out. Taking his class has taught me to research professors before I take the class. I'm a consistent deans list student. I received a B in his class. This man should be fired report him to his bosses

12/19/2011
SCI105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm a grade A student, & I am on the border of failing this class. 97% of the class is in the same boat. He is VERY unclear about directions, & we are TERRIFIED to ask questions because he yells at you for asking anything! Also, his tests are not on the material he covers, but blames us for poor grades anyway. NOT recommended.

11/30/2011
SCIMA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took both Astronomy and Meta science with him, can be a little tough, but so long as you follow the guidelines it's not that hard at all. His corny jokes and passion for the material always kept me entertained in class, i don't think he's half as bad as everyone else says. Ultimately, if you can follow directions you'll be fine

11/28/2011
SCI141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AVOID TAKING THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF IT MEANS STAYING ANOTHER SEMESTER AT NASSAU ITS 100% WORTH IT. HE IS THE MOST INCONSIDERATE HUMAN BEING TO HAVE EVER LIVED AND CAN CARE LESS WEATHER YOU EVER PASS OR NOT

07/29/2011
Geolo000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I remember taking Bennett years ago and he was the worst! He criticized extra help even though I was trying hard. I received an F for the class even though I technically graded a D+. I complained to the chair person and nothing was done about it. I think the best way to get back at Bennett would be for everyone to not take his class! The worst evr!

05/19/2011
sci141 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The worst. His main purpose is to fail students.This class was a total joke. I'm an honor roll A student. I didnt not miss one class; on time everyday pass all homeworks with 80 90s, gave me a D+. He should be in prison for being such a horrible instructor, I can't even refer to him as professor. PLEASE RETIRE. DO EVERYONE A FAVOR.