Ted Benitt at Nassau Community College

Ted Benitt

Number of ratings 102 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/30/13

SCI 105

I just finished up astronomy with prof Benito. I ended up getting an A in the course. The material is very interesting and you get to see the planetarium as well as go to Jones Beach at night with the telescopes, I learned a lot about astronomy which was a lot more interesting than taking bio again.

10/24/13

sci 105

The professor is very helpful. I ended up getting a B+ but that is my fault because I didn't do well on a few labs because I was working overtime. Hint...go to his office hours he is very helpful.

5/31/13

Sci105

Because of the difficult level he chose’s to teach the curriculum, in addition to the vague instructions on homework and lab assignments. I had no choice but to treat his class as if it were the only one I was taking. He tells his students that going to his office hours "show to him that a student is taking initiative

5/31/13

Sci 105

I treated his class like the only one I was taking and got a D in his class. And now have to remain at Nassau and take another science course to make up for the D I have received. Prof. Bennit is not an inspiring professor he is very discouraging.

1/12/13

AST105

He really is a brilliant person and loves to talk about his knowledge. However, he is a bad professor. He does not stay on topic and will repeat the same stories over and over again. Every time I would ask a question, he would make me feel stupid. Even other professors in his field know how bad he is.

10/25/12

AstroSol

The guy is really really smart, he has an endless amount of knowledge that he has no problem sharing. He likes answering questions, its just that he doesnt shutup. His attendance policy is crazy, being late is equivalent to an absense. Alot of stuff on tests is not said in class but just read the textbook pages he gives you weeks to read.

8/28/12

Astro107

By far the worst professor I have ever taken. I am not dramatic, nor am I a lazy student so take everything I say as the truth. This man is nasty, ruthless, and on an ego trip. His tests are riddles, he tries to trick you! If you're taking his class tape record them because things he says once are on the test! Good luck & may the force be with you.

5/18/12

SCI141

Guy is a looney toon! If you dont have interest in Ghosts and UFOS and stuff then DO NOT TAKE!!

3/12/12

Sci141

Do not take his Meta Science class unless you are genuinely interested in the topics covered. He never stops talking, he is a terrible bore, and he takes the material way too seriously. He gives you way too much information to work with and isn't clear enough in what will be on the test. Expects way too much from his students. Just don't!

1/16/12

Sci105

The man has issues with himself and takes many of his lack of teaching ability out on the class. Don't dare ask a question get ready to get chewed out. Taking his class has taught me to research professors before I take the class. I'm a consistent deans list student. I received a B in his class. This man should be fired report him to his bosses

12/19/11

SCI105

I'm a grade A student, & I am on the border of failing this class. 97% of the class is in the same boat. He is VERY unclear about directions, & we are TERRIFIED to ask questions because he yells at you for asking anything! Also, his tests are not on the material he covers, but blames us for poor grades anyway. NOT recommended.

11/30/11

SCIMA

Took both Astronomy and Meta science with him, can be a little tough, but so long as you follow the guidelines it's not that hard at all. His corny jokes and passion for the material always kept me entertained in class, i don't think he's half as bad as everyone else says. Ultimately, if you can follow directions you'll be fine

11/28/11

SCI141

AVOID TAKING THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF IT MEANS STAYING ANOTHER SEMESTER AT NASSAU ITS 100% WORTH IT. HE IS THE MOST INCONSIDERATE HUMAN BEING TO HAVE EVER LIVED AND CAN CARE LESS WEATHER YOU EVER PASS OR NOT

7/29/11

Geolo000

I remember taking Bennett years ago and he was the worst! He criticized extra help even though I was trying hard. I received an F for the class even though I technically graded a D+. I complained to the chair person and nothing was done about it. I think the best way to get back at Bennett would be for everyone to not take his class! The worst evr!

5/19/11

sci141

The worst. His main purpose is to fail students.This class was a total joke. I'm an honor roll A student. I didnt not miss one class; on time everyday pass all homeworks with 80 90s, gave me a D+. He should be in prison for being such a horrible instructor, I can't even refer to him as professor. PLEASE RETIRE. DO EVERYONE A FAVOR.

5/19/11

SCI101

prof benitt is the most inconsiderate human being to ever walk this earth. dont ever take him believe me i love astronomy he gave me an F and i studied every night and every day. i was always scared to say anything in class bc i thought i was goin to say something wrong.he excepts you to know things in a minute he's the worst prof ever. JF

3/30/11

SCI141

Professor Benitt is an inconsiderate, ignorant person. He does not care about his students and their needs, all he cares about is his lessons and making sure his students do the work perfectly and on time. He is not flexible, compassionate or understanding. If you are considering taking Metascience don't because he is the only one who teaches it.

1/19/11

sci105

dont ever take this professor. ever. NEVER. complete idiot,extremely rude, & doesnt care if you pass. i personally think his goal is to fail students. hes not smart at all, but he thinks like he is. being in this class made me realize the importance of ratemyprofessor.com. trust me. take your time use this website, and you'll have a great semester.

1/14/11

SCI105

I withdrew the last week of class and forfeited the 4 credits, effort, time, tuition and travel expenses!! I kept the book, took it again with an awesome professor at NCC and aced it! Benitt is why TENURE should be OUTLAWED! He wastes our time with useless and inappropriate information about his unhappy upbringing and marriages instead of science.

12/25/10

SCI141

SUCH A HORRIBLE PROFESSOR. I don't care too often what professor I receive for a course but after taking this nightmare of a class, ratemyprofessor.com has become my best friend.He offers absolutely NO HELP or DIRECTION when needed most. I say RUN from him ASAP.

More Science professors at Nassau Community College