Brian Dempster at University of San Francisco

Brian Dempster

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

1/14/14

Rhet 130

Eh... He's a nice guy, rather condescending at times. Very unhelpful however. Didn't learn anything. Hard grader with little teaching to back it up. And he's far too harsh about attending class [I missed two with a doctors note and got a grade knock] still got As on my papers... But I wouldn't recommend if you want to learn.

1/20/12

RHET09

I loved Professor Dempster! Such an amazing teacher!

11/8/11

Rhet195

I had Dempster for Rhet 195, so it was an advanced course and he definitely treated it as such. There's a lot of work and he's a hard grader, but he's also very helpful and I think my writing improved a lot with his help. He's a cool guy, I enjoyed having him.

9/1/11

RHET120

A really great professor! He obviously cares about his students. He's a fun and caring, yet he's brainy. I recommend taking him and you'll thank me later!

6/30/11

RHET120

He is by far the coolest teacher, who obviously cares for his students well being. I like how he knows his students and asks how they're doing. He tries to know you personally, which helps when writing things you're passionate about. yeah, he's one passionate dude.

3/31/11

Rht195

Work hard on the essays. Hands down, you will love this guy!

11/12/09

ENGENG

The most amazing professor at USF!!!!!!! He is awesome and wonderful in every single way! Plus, he really allows students to explore their creative sides. Take his class, you won't regret it! He's so funny, and I guarantee that your writing will improve.

11/9/09

Rhet110

Dempster is the Man! His class isn't easy but its not hard. He's the chillest guy and really helpful. Probably one of the best writing teachers I've ever had! I would recommend him.

5/19/09

Rhet120

He was a friendly guy and all. He does not grade that easily, and your really don't learn much about writing.

11/19/08

Rhet110

Dempster is the best! He helped me out so much and I'm sad I can't take him for 120 because he's already full. He makes you read stories which help with essay topics so READ! Then you have 4 essays the whole semester and you can revise, which can higher your grade. This class is fun, easy, and you learn a lot from him.

3/5/08

RC120

Best RC120 @USF hands down.He really cares about his students' works and helps bring out the best writer in you.All you need to pass his class(aside from passing in the papers ofcourse)is to write with ur heart.The best part is that he allows you to revise the papers to raise your grade.do all the work and ul get a B(at least)

1/15/08

Engl140

Awesome teacher. Extremely helpful, willing to take any extra time with you if so desired. I originally thought he was kind of fake, but he is actually just a funny, goofy guy. Knows his stuff really well. Most of all makes class fun. My class got along great and I looked forward to going. TAKE HIM.

11/28/07

rc110

dempster is THE BEST by far of all rc professors. do not take any other class! he's extremely willing to help, friendly, hilarious and smart. i love him!

10/10/07

Rhet140

If you get a chance to take him for Rhet and Comp 140, definitely do it! He is an amazing professor! I love his class; I wouldn't miss it for the world! He gives you the opportunity to revise all of your assignments, so even if you get a C, you can still get an A. What's better? And, he isn't stuffy and loves his students and cares about how we do.

1/20/07

RC110

Very good professor! He has high expectations but helps you to reach them. He has the class do peer reviews and also has private conferences with every student which help A LOT! He lets you write about topics that YOU choose and also lets you do rewrites.

10/13/06

engl0102

He was a very fun guy. he was a great teacher with a great personality, but, when it comes to writing a paper, he graded too hard. I was in AP English all of high school and my sister who is a doctor and an excellent writer even wrote one of my papers for me and I STILL only got a B in the class. So great guy, but unpredictable grader. DONT TAKE

8/4/06

rc 220

he gives you lots of topics to choose from and is pretty flexible with them, keeps his classes interesting, hes eager to help and pretty laid back... overall good class

5/4/06

BEST writing prof i've ever had. very fair grader. allows you to revise every essay even after it's due (final portfolio). very funny and easygoing guy who likes to talk about his cute baby boy! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM.

3/31/06

RC 220

Great guy! he's one of the best teachers i've had at USF. His very low key and understands his students. He likes to talk about his baby boy. He chooses topics that he knows you will be interested in. Gives good constructive criticism. Take him for any writing class!

11/10/05

RC 210

I am so thankful that I got Dempster my first semester of my freshman year. He has been so helpful and so understanding. He is definitly a great teacher! Seriously if Dempster has a class open you should take his class. His classes aren't boring either, he tells you what he wants but he makes his class fun. He's just an understanding guy!

More English professors at University of San Francisco