in University of San Francisco that teach English Edit
are you Brian Dempster?
A+

11/12/2014
good
Rhet 130 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+
"Inspirational" "Hilarious" "Gives good feedback"

Prof D and our Rhet 130131 class got me through my freshman year. The writing we did in his class are the sole reason that today I am an English major. His class was easy, but not because you didn't have to do work... Because you wanted to do each assignment, and you wanted to do it to the best of your ability. Awesome professor, even awesomer guy

11/06/2014
good
Rhet 130-131 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students"

Hands down best prof. I've ever had. Remembered my papers like the back of his hand when I would ask him for advice, and he cares so much about bettering the work of each individual student. He can be almost too nice at times, but that's much better than the alternative.

01/14/2014
Rhet 130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Eh... He's a nice guy, rather condescending at times. Very unhelpful however. Didn't learn anything. Hard grader with little teaching to back it up. And he's far too harsh about attending class [I missed two with a doctors note and got a grade knock] still got As on my papers... But I wouldn't recommend if you want to learn.

01/20/2012
good
RHET09 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved Professor Dempster! Such an amazing teacher!

11/08/2011
good
Rhet195 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Dempster for Rhet 195, so it was an advanced course and he definitely treated it as such. There's a lot of work and he's a hard grader, but he's also very helpful and I think my writing improved a lot with his help. He's a cool guy, I enjoyed having him.

09/01/2011
good
RHET120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A really great professor! He obviously cares about his students. He's a fun and caring, yet he's brainy. I recommend taking him and you'll thank me later!

06/30/2011
good
RHET120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is by far the coolest teacher, who obviously cares for his students well being. I like how he knows his students and asks how they're doing. He tries to know you personally, which helps when writing things you're passionate about. yeah, he's one passionate dude.

03/31/2011
good
Rht195 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Work hard on the essays. Hands down, you will love this guy!

11/12/2009
good
ENGENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The most amazing professor at USF!!!!!!! He is awesome and wonderful in every single way! Plus, he really allows students to explore their creative sides. Take his class, you won't regret it! He's so funny, and I guarantee that your writing will improve.

11/09/2009
good
Rhet110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dempster is the Man! His class isn't easy but its not hard. He's the chillest guy and really helpful. Probably one of the best writing teachers I've ever had! I would recommend him.

05/19/2009
Rhet120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He was a friendly guy and all. He does not grade that easily, and your really don't learn much about writing.

11/19/2008
good
Rhet110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dempster is the best! He helped me out so much and I'm sad I can't take him for 120 because he's already full. He makes you read stories which help with essay topics so READ! Then you have 4 essays the whole semester and you can revise, which can higher your grade. This class is fun, easy, and you learn a lot from him.

03/05/2008
good
RC120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best RC120 @USF hands down.He really cares about his students' works and helps bring out the best writer in you.All you need to pass his class(aside from passing in the papers ofcourse)is to write with ur heart.The best part is that he allows you to revise the papers to raise your grade.do all the work and ul get a B(at least)

01/15/2008
good
Engl140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. Extremely helpful, willing to take any extra time with you if so desired. I originally thought he was kind of fake, but he is actually just a funny, goofy guy. Knows his stuff really well. Most of all makes class fun. My class got along great and I looked forward to going. TAKE HIM.

11/28/2007
good
rc110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

dempster is THE BEST by far of all rc professors. do not take any other class! he's extremely willing to help, friendly, hilarious and smart. i love him!

10/10/2007
good
Rhet140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you get a chance to take him for Rhet and Comp 140, definitely do it! He is an amazing professor! I love his class; I wouldn't miss it for the world! He gives you the opportunity to revise all of your assignments, so even if you get a C, you can still get an A. What's better? And, he isn't stuffy and loves his students and cares about how we do.

01/20/2007
good
RC110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very good professor! He has high expectations but helps you to reach them. He has the class do peer reviews and also has private conferences with every student which help A LOT! He lets you write about topics that YOU choose and also lets you do rewrites.

10/13/2006
engl0102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He was a very fun guy. he was a great teacher with a great personality, but, when it comes to writing a paper, he graded too hard. I was in AP English all of high school and my sister who is a doctor and an excellent writer even wrote one of my papers for me and I STILL only got a B in the class. So great guy, but unpredictable grader. DONT TAKE

08/04/2006
good
rc 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

he gives you lots of topics to choose from and is pretty flexible with them, keeps his classes interesting, hes eager to help and pretty laid back... overall good class

05/04/2006
good

BEST writing prof i've ever had. very fair grader. allows you to revise every essay even after it's due (final portfolio). very funny and easygoing guy who likes to talk about his cute baby boy! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM.