Alexandros Kyrou at Salem State University

Alexandros Kyrou

Number of ratings 85 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/27/13

HTS 452

Out of all the history professors I've had at SSU I've never been so entertained in a class as I have with Dr. Kyrou. You take a lot of notes and the course is heavy with information but Dr. Kyrou breaks it up with humor. I've never laughed so hard in a class before! My only regret was not taking more classes with him. Great professor and great guy

12/15/13

HST 452

If you don't take Kyrou you'll probably regret it. Great professor and all around great person! Take his class

12/10/13

HST 452 Byz

Kyrou is the best professor I have had at SSU by far. He has command over his subject material and is extremely knowledgeable. His lectures are top notch and makes his students really think.I enjoyed this class on all levels. They were exciting and informative. I was very pleased with this class.

12/10/13

HST 452

Best Professor I have ever had for a class. You will learn a lot by just going to class and taking down notes. He is very caring when it comes to a student's progress in the class. Also keeps the class interested by making jokes throughout class time. I strongly suggest you take a class that is taught by him, you will not regret it.

12/9/13

GRAD HST-899

In one word: AMAZING. Hilarious, interesting, and intelligent... the trifecta. Easy A if you pay attention and take the notes you are supposed to take. Have never laughed more during a lecture while still feeling like I learned something. Be prepared to take heavy notes though. Thought my hand would fall off the first time, but you get used to it.

11/20/13

HST452

Prof. Kyrou is a masterful lecturer and grabs your attention very quickly. He has a lot of fun and is clearly very passionate about history. Heavy note taking but absolutely worth it. I highly recommend taking Byzantine History or any class for that matter.

11/20/13

HST 452

Dr Kyrou is so enthusiastic during his lectures that he is able to easily capture your attention and interest. He is definitely THE best lecture professor I have had. As long as you pay attention to what he is saying and take proper notes I imagine it is difficult to fail.

11/19/13

HIS 452

Best lecture professor I have ever had, period. Simply captivating. Anyone at SSU should take at least one class with him while you are there. Heavy note taking almost every class. Attendance is not mandatory, but if you skip you will fail.

3/31/13

Russia Post1917

Great person. It was my first graduate-level course in history. I was not a history major (undergrad) so I was really nervous. He was great. Friendly, helpful, encouraging, welcoming, etc. I worked hard. He always had my back because of my work ethic. I went on to finish the program and get the MA in History thanks to Kyrou. Awesome guy.

1/17/13

HST1

I have taken Byzantine history, Ottoman history and history of the Balakans with Dr. Kyrou. He is an amazing professor. He not only makes the material easy to absorb but makes the class interesting and ectremly entertaining. If you put the effort into good note taking, undertanding the reading and being able to laugh you gain alot. Great Professor

1/3/13

HST279

The class was very lecture heavy, requiring much note taking. However, Kyrou is both complete and concise with his lectures and manages to keep your attention the entire class. He also cares deeply about his students' progress

12/25/12

HST279

Dr. Kyrou lectures for the entirety of class time. Your notes will be copious, your hand will cramp, but you won't care. A brilliant lecturer, Dr. Kyrou, holds your interest, often pausing for an anecdote or non sequitur to give you a rest. He is not wanting for a sense of humor. He is a wealth of knowledge & has a kind heart. A perfect gentleman.

12/20/12

Hst279

Very fun. A well taught class and a good professor.

12/20/12

HST899

He is an incredible teacher. He is courteous inside and outside of class. He has mastered his subject area, has a style of pedagogy rarely found. I would advise potential students to view the scene of Sam Kinison's history class from the movie "Back to School" to get a general idea as to what you could experience at times.

12/17/12

HST450

Amazing and best professor I have had so far. He is very understanding, and extremely helpful. He makes class very fun and interesting. Hilarious guy! I just love his class and the way he teaches as well. I would extremely recommend him! Best history professor ever.

12/16/12

HST450

Quite simply one of the finest lecturers I have ever encountered. I do not think that anyone would be sorry about taking an Kyrou class. He is thoughtful, helpful, and a brilliant historian, and he disseminates the information in a fun, and interesting way. Highly recommended!!!

12/16/12

HST899

Dr. Kyrou is an excellent Professor. You'll take a lot of notes, but it's worth it-You're here to learn- and you get a comedy show on the side. Dr. Kyrou is hilarious, he has funny little stories throughout the lecture. His enthusiasm and knowledge about the topic (the Balkans) and his sense of humor made class extremely enjoyable!

12/12/12

HISt450

The best lecture professor I have had, period. He is rather eccentric and a little odd, but that is part of what makes him so good. He is Captivating which allows some of his lectures that cover less exciting topics to be enjoyable. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking a welcoming learning experience.

12/11/12

HST385

Really fantastic professor who is extremely knowledgeable about his subject matter and its larger place in the study of history as a whole. I came in with a basic familiarity of the historical era and left with a clear understanding of the themes and narratives we discussed. Lots of note taking, but not onerously so. Very amusing, hilarious.

12/11/12

HSTA

Dr. Kyrou is a foremost source on the history of the Balkans. His class was a pleasure to take and I would highly recommend it to anyone undertaking a History Program. Furthermore, Dr. Kyrou is HILARIOUS. His comedic interludes make the class so much more enjoyable. Be sure to tell him your favorite processed lunch meat.

More History professors at Salem State University