Peter Kalliney at University of South Florida St. Petersburg

Peter Kalliney

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/12/07

ENc3000

Ignore these comments. I never once felt like my comments were put down. I have a severe speech impediment and still was able to be accepted in the class and have my opinions valued. Take Kalliney if your up for a challenge. It's very rewarding in the end.

6/19/06

Senior Seminar

Worst teacher I have ever had. Totally arrogant; thinks he's God's gift to research. I wouuld not wish him on my worst enemy

4/12/06

Lit. Crit.

I've made it a point to take a class with Kalliney every semester since I first had a class with him. He's challenging, but an excellent instructor. I can't express how much his teaching has influenced my academic growth!

2/19/06

eng 4013

I took this course in 2004. It was the worst class for the English major at USF. As other students stated, he is rather full of himself. I found his attitude quite patronizing. I made a nearly perfect score on the cumulative/final exam, yet made a "B" for my final grade. He certainly plays favorites. I would not endorse him as a teacher.

12/29/05

Lit 4000

While it was a diffucult class, I have never learned more than when I took a previous course of his. I am now taking a similar course by him and I can't wait for it! I was overwhelmed at first but as long as you can intelligently talk in discussion, you will be fine. An amazing professor!

10/30/05

eng4013

Creates a hostile class environment. Allows his groupies to rip into everyone else, then stifles other people's comments. He gets entertainment from cutting you down in class. Tells you up front A's are next to impossible. God complex. Don't do it!!!

5/16/05

Brit. Lit.

Dr. Kalliney is a wonderful teacher that possesses a clear affinity for what he teaches. A's are not given out too easily in this class, but it is very possible to get one if you are willing to put forth the time and effort.

12/2/04

IDH 3200

A professor that makes you work for your grades, however, very willing to listen to the opinions of his students and willing to learn from the discussion amoung students.

9/23/03

ENG 4013

Rater Interest

Not interested in actually teaching anything, more interested in declaring how much smarter he is than everyone else.

More English professors at University of South Florida St. Petersburg