in Capilano University that teach Music Edit
Professor in the Music department
at Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
are you Lars Kaario?

03/15/2014
ENSM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

He's a good choral conductor but get on his good side. He conducts a mandatory ENSM for all jazz & classical students and if your interests lie outside of that class he can be frustrating/difficult to work with.

11/27/2013
Cap Singers Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's very snobbish and dismissive. He threatened to fail a few students because their graduation recitals (which is the final test and the culmination of the 4 year jazz studies program) coincided with the time they were supposed to attend a conducting exam, & he was unwilling to move their times for the conducting exam. Rude, & should retire.

12/04/2012
COND1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

At first I thought he was exciting and had looked forward to the next class. By the end of term, it was clear that he had run out of ideas and classes became very repetitive. At least I will come out of this with a certificate! BTW, he is often late for class and feedback is poor.

03/19/2012
good
CON300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

one of the best professor i've had. nice and helpful,always has a positive attitude yet challenges me. excellent role model in the area of expertise - choral conducting. inspires students' learning and interest in the area.

03/07/2012
good
ENS250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lars is the greatest! He's funny, supportive, encouraging, and as long as you put the minimal amount of work in that it takes to actually learn your part, and don't talk excessively during choir, he'll be happy as a clam. Lars is one of my top favourite professors at Cap.

12/07/2011
capsicaps Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lars, why are you consistently late for class, exams, rehearsals? We pay too much to be waiting for teachers to show up. Also, please try to treat everyone equally and politely. We help pay your salary. He can be VERY rude and singles out students in a demeaning and embarrassing way. Sort of knows his stuff.

09/02/2010
good
capsi101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wow - the negative comments took me by surprise. I had no problems with this prof.

04/27/2010
capsing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I'm sure Lars CAN be nice. power gets to his head easily, and he likes to be in control - when he is, he's Rude to a lot of undeserving people. I can't say I haven't learned anything, I've learned what NOT to do with my choir. Not my favorite person or teacher. Needs to not be so defensive about everything, and needs to be ON TIME.

06/03/2009
good
festchor Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

wow, easiest A+ in my life... The class is pretty boring, show up every class, its mandatory. I didn't practice the stuff at all because I didn't have time(too busy practicing my actual isntrument) and I got an A+. Unless you are vocalist you might feel that the class is wasting your time. weird/funny guy

04/12/2009
good
Choir100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Lars is an interesting one. He's great if you're super devoted and choir and singing is your life. Watch out if you are not a vocalist/not in the classical program. He is exceedingly stubborn and unwilling to make exceptions even if you have a soundproof excuse. Once you get on his bad side you'll never recover. He certainly holds a grudge.