in York University that teach Psychology Edit
Professor in the Psychology department
at York University, Toronto, ON
are you Myriam Mongrain?

10/22/2014
GUEST LECTURE Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

honestly? the entire guest lecture at glendon was a joke. it was all pictures, and we learned nothing about the structure of the eye. we had to teach ourselves. horribly presented.

07/04/2014
good
PSYC 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely loved her. She is the prof that is making me consider changing my major at the moment. She's an amazing lecturer. She's very passionate about what she's teaching. She's also extremely nice and understanding. Would definitely recommend her class to everyone.

03/07/2014
good
psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor Mongrain as my instructor a year ago. she was very nice, helpful, intelligent and passionate about the subject. However*, do not slack off in her class, because the multiple choice were tough (60% class average).Also, a successful student would extensively both review lecture material and memorize details from the book. GOOD LUCK!

12/15/2013
good
psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

She's actually an awesome prof, you ofc have to read the textbook but all short answers are based off her lecture slides. Test are fair and she was very helpful :)

11/30/2013
good
Psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mongrain was the best professor I ever had. She is interesting, funny, helpful and charismatic. I came to York as an undecided major and she is the one who made me fall in love with Psych. Her lectures are extremely organized (powerpoint and voice recordings). I still kept all my notes from her class. I highly recommend her for Intro to Psych!

11/24/2013
psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

i failed her class the first time because whatever she teacher in class is never to be found in the textbook so its like you're doing double the work (memorizing the text and her notes). horrible class.

07/21/2013
good
PSY1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she posts all lectures online, and it isnt an online course but you can get away with just watching them. she is very clear and funny. really fall in love with this class. one of the best Prof i had at york. if you see her name in the class selections go for her because she is amazing. she makes you love psychology

06/21/2013
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great professor with a good sense of humour. She provides a lot of examples to get the point across and posts her lecture recordings online if you miss a class (though they can sometimes have problems). Only complaint I have is that her exams can sometimes ask the most miniscule details from the textbook, though the majority of it is easy.

05/04/2013

Doesn't care about her students, rude when you email her.Asks stupid random questions from the textbook, tests require A LOT of memorization. Overall its easy if you study hard. Will not bump you even if you get a 89.99.

04/19/2013
good
Psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is amazing! She records her lectures so in case you miss one, you can listen to it online. Her powerpoints are extremely useful and highlights the main points. She plays music at the beginning of class to get everyone motivated as well. She is a very kind person.

07/12/2012
good
PSYCH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I feel so lucky to have had her as a prof. I wasnt even in Psych and she made me want to switch into the major. She knows her material. All the lectures are recorded, but i went to class anyway because i loved the atmosphere and learned so much. Exams are fair, listen to lecture and read text briefly. Study guide helps

06/26/2012
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great prof! She's very funny, but sometimes she dragged the class on with unnecessary dialogue. But overall excellent persona and professor. Remember to read the textbook and take notes on it: thats pretty much all that is necessary to get that A/A+

06/06/2012
good
PSYCH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mongrain was one of the best profs I've had by far! She's really enthusiastic and friendly, and she speaks with such clarity, there's no way you could possibly not understand. I'll admit, the course wasn't a walk in the park, the exams were fairly challenging, and you need to keep up with the notes and study the text on your own but it's worth it

04/12/2012
good
PSYCH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Super nice, posts all of the lectures + recordings online. Keeps things interesting but I found that sometimes the way she words things can be confusing but, she willingly answers questions. Exams are fair, if you read the textbook and go to class, you'll do well.

03/01/2012
good

Wonderful personality and great sense of humour! Makes class very clear and actually fun. One of the best profs I've had and I'd recommend everyone to take classes with her.

02/07/2012
good

A lot of readings in this course but she posts lecture recordings and slides. She's engaging, humorous, and approachable. One of the best profs I've ever had <3

08/13/2011
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best instructor I've ever had! She breaks down the material so you can better understand it and always answers questions. Always had very interesting lectures and often explained how what we were learning can be used in the feild.

07/12/2011
good

Great Proff to introduce students to the subject of Psychology, I'm in my 4th year and still fondly remember her class. She puts up notes and has very engaging lectures. The tests are straightforward, and you will not be bored in class.

07/01/2011
good
Psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very good Prof. Content in course is a lot, so you need to read and study the lecture notes as well as the text!. You must attend lectures, as she shows movies and videos that are not on the lecture notes, but are on the exams. Over all, great course, great prof. But study hard

04/29/2011
good
psyc1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

he includes very interesting examples with the material taught from the textbook.In term of exams,she states exactly what will be on it. You'll ace her course if you review her notes and read the textbook once!Although she is not tech savy,she keeps the class fun with her humurous personality!She actually made me want to continue to major in Psyc!