in York University that teach Psychology Edit
at York University, Toronto, ON
are you Myriam Mongrain?

07/04/2014
good
PSYC 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely loved her. She is the prof that is making me consider changing my major at the moment. She's an amazing lecturer. She's very passionate about what she's teaching. She's also extremely nice and understanding. Would definitely recommend her class to everyone.

03/07/2014
good
psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor Mongrain as my instructor a year ago. she was very nice, helpful, intelligent and passionate about the subject. However*, do not slack off in her class, because the multiple choice were tough (60% class average).Also, a successful student would extensively both review lecture material and memorize details from the book. GOOD LUCK!

12/15/2013
good
psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

She's actually an awesome prof, you ofc have to read the textbook but all short answers are based off her lecture slides. Test are fair and she was very helpful :)

11/30/2013
good
Psych1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mongrain was the best professor I ever had. She is interesting, funny, helpful and charismatic. I came to York as an undecided major and she is the one who made me fall in love with Psych. Her lectures are extremely organized (powerpoint and voice recordings). I still kept all my notes from her class. I highly recommend her for Intro to Psych!

11/24/2013
psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

i failed her class the first time because whatever she teacher in class is never to be found in the textbook so its like you're doing double the work (memorizing the text and her notes). horrible class.

07/21/2013
good
PSY1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she posts all lectures online, and it isnt an online course but you can get away with just watching them. she is very clear and funny. really fall in love with this class. one of the best Prof i had at york. if you see her name in the class selections go for her because she is amazing. she makes you love psychology

06/21/2013
good
PSYC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great professor with a good sense of humour. She provides a lot of examples to get the point across and posts her lecture recordings online if you miss a class (though they can sometimes have problems). Only complaint I have is that her exams can sometimes ask the most miniscule details from the textbook, though the majority of it is easy.

05/04/2013
1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Doesn't care about her students, rude when you email her.Asks stupid random questions from the textbook, tests require A LOT of memorization. Overall its easy if you study hard. Will not bump you even if you get a 89.99.

04/19/2013
good
Psych 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is amazing! She records her lectures so in case you miss one, you can listen to it online. Her powerpoints are extremely useful and highlights the main points. She plays music at the beginning of class to get everyone motivated as well. She is a very kind person.

07/12/2012
good
PSYCH1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I feel so lucky to have had her as a prof. I wasnt even in Psych and she made me want to switch into the major. She knows her material. All the lectures are recorded, but i went to class anyway because i loved the atmosphere and learned so much. Exams are fair, listen to lecture and read text briefly. Study guide helps