in Clayton State University that teach Accounting Edit
at Clayton State University, Morrow, GA
are you Adel Novin?
C
11/06/2014
ACCT 2102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Tests are tough" "Lectures are long" "Tests? Not many"

Hard to understand. Lengthy HW assignments. Test are no multiple choice. You will understand accounting if you pass his class. Recommended for accounting majors.

11/04/2014
ACCT 2101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough" "Participation matters" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I took him for ACCT 2101 and ohhh nooo! Test were extremely hard, he was not clear on the material, I told myself I wouldn't take him again. I don't recommend him!!

05/07/2014
good
ACCT 2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

This course can be very hard and time consuming. Novin is very upfront about that. He wants you to succeed but in order to do so you have to UNDERSTAND the material and not just memorize it like students do. He answers any questions you ask. Wiley Plus can be tricky but he gives time to ask questions in class. I plan to take him again in the fall.

01/09/2013
good
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a great professor, he gives you bonus points after the test. If you ask a question he will answer it, just may come off a little rude. But who cares! :/ he assigns alot of homework to help you in the class. He is helpful. Yes you do need the book. Try & READ The chapter before coming to class is helpful & Also flashcards. This university is using Wiley Plus now. They have video on how to & flashcards & quizzes. Overall he is not a bad professor!

11/06/2012
acct2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Warning ! Warning!. This professor does not teach. He knows accounting well, just does not teach it well. I am really struggling to get through this class. He does not teach by the book, he gives out handouts notes, and homework on wileyplus, you have to be on your A game in his class to pass. I would not recommend him any accounting course.

09/26/2012
good
ACCT3101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed Dr. Novin's class. Although he was difficult, he was thorough and continued the same pace throughout the duration. Unlike most professors in the Business program, he changes his tests so you're able to learn from mistakes and correct them. His notes are extremely helpful. After leaving the class i found a new love for accounting.

07/10/2012
ACCT4110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Who the hell uses Excel to teach an entire class??? I am interested in learning Advanced Cost Accounting, not how to link cells in Excel!!!!!!! Avoid him at all costs if you want to learn something useful in accounting...

05/17/2012
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I really stuggled in his class.. But sence I missed the first 2 days I was behind and Had to drop . he told me I would fail the class because the first week was the abc's of accounting. he teaches acct 1 like your an accountant.. instructions were not always clear.. I dont reccomend him if you have never been introduced to accounting.

05/13/2012
Acct2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His class was very hard during the year you will get A LOT of homework but look over it for his tests the questions are similar. His final can make a big difference in your grade, I had a low C during the semester and I made an A on the final and got a B in the class. And don't but the book a waste of money I only open it 4 times

05/08/2012
good
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

GREAT TEACHER FOR ACCOUNTING MAJORS

05/08/2012
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I AM JUST GLAD THIS CLASS IS OVER!!!! with a C. This was the hardest course so far for me. I never got to sleep with this class, but i kept going and constantly spoke with him so he knows me well and how hard im trying. I went to class everyday and sat in the front for a reason, which is why I think he pitied me and gave me a C..

05/03/2012
acct2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

i really appreciated the fabulous 28 page study guide! not the least bit ridiculous. if you take him i hope you have a lot of ink in your printer & u don't mind killing some trees. Also don't take him if you have other difficult classes. he wants ALL ur attention on his class. it was rough. Nice guy and a big heart tho

05/03/2012

wins my award for worst teacher ever. i really appreciate the fabulous 28 study guide as well.. not the least bit ridiculous. if you take him i hope you have a lot of ink in your printer and u dint mind killing some trees. Also dont take him if you have other difficult classes.. he wants ALL ur attention on his class only. rough. Nice heart tho

06/14/2011
acct2102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He knows his stuff, but it was a VERY hard class. I suggest you try another professor for acct2102, unless you're used to his teaching style (as I was). But he is awesome for acct 2101...

06/01/2011
good
ACCT2102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is a GREAT teacher! Very helpful, he wants his students to pass and always was eager to answer any questions we had on the homework. He is very funny too!

06/03/2010
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is not a good professor to me, if you really do value your gpa please don't take him or if you are signed up to take him, DROP IT ASAP. He teaches as if he is talking to people that are already accountants.

05/14/2010
ACCT2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

IF YOU VALUE YOUR GPA RUN! You must be able to teach yourself and learn from the homework. The homework is (6-8 pages) but if the HWK avg. is not above your test average, it does not count. His test are overly complicated and the class test avg. is usually below 70%. He is not question friendly and makes you feel stupid.

04/29/2010
acct2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Not a good professor. Lots of HW every class, Extremely hard tests, talks very fast through the material, not approachable for questions/comments (makes snappy remarks), encourages you to "drop the class" if not understanding the material he's talking about.

04/01/2010
good
ACC2101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best instructor I ever had!!highly recomanded for Accounting Majors!

03/22/2010
good

as an accounting major,I would say he is the best accounting instructor I have had so far...