Robert Sandow at Lock Haven University

Robert Sandow

Number of ratings 61 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

12/28/13

HIST201

Swears, grades hard, not a good professor like i thought he would be.

11/20/13

Grade ReceivedB-

Don't take!!! Assignments are very vague and if you dont write what he has in his head he will cut you down. Seems like a nice guy but doesnt happen in his grading. Take a class with another American history professor.

11/6/13

HIST201

One of the best professors and friendliest people you'll encounter while at LHUP, Dr. Sandow brings both history and the class to life on a daily basis and is someone you simply must take. It will require some work to do well, but, if you simply try to remain engaged, take notes, and study, it will come very easily. The man is a genius!

11/5/13

HIST345

Sandow's lectures are very interesting. He grades like we are all in graduate school. He expects us to know everything about everything he lctures about. He goes to fast in lectures like we aren't trying to write. Good guy but should not be a professer at the undergrad level. Don't take unless you want your GPA to fall.

1/31/12

Hist150

I loved his class. Very interesting teacher and makes the class interesting. Make sure you take notes on more then the powerpoints. I wrote down basically everything he said in class. Tests are essay and short answer based but gives you a study guide to go off of and gives you the essay topics ahead of time so you can practice and study better.

12/18/11

hist200

I love this man so much that I've taken him 4 times! His lectures are interesting, but you have to take notes beyond what he gives you AND do the readings to succeed on his essay tests. He's my favorite professor.

5/3/11

Hist105

Sandow is a GREAT history proff, he may give hard exams but he is worth taking, he is so knowledgeable, history isn't my thing and I didn't look forward to this class, but I learned so much, if you take good notes and study hard you will get a B, if you get an A you earned it. Cool guy, I suggest him.

4/27/11

HIST02

I don't like that when we have discussions, it almost nearly impossible to write something that none of the other students put in their's. We don't really get the chance to write our own answers or how we feel because we have to write something that nobody else has.

4/23/11

Hist150

Can only miss 3 classes. laptop is best for notes. He is a cool guy, test are kinda hard b/c they are all written but if u take GOOD notes and study you will be fine. Make sure u take more than just what he puts on pwrpt. If you like to write, you'll be fine. He is honestly an okay/easy grader, just make sure u can memorize dates, and other importa

1/17/11

HIST201

Sandow is an okay professor. He went over notes a little too quickly. He tried to make jokes sometimes they were funny. His tests are essay tests so you have to know what is going on. He expects dates and a lot of details even for the short answer. He does a lot of online stuff too. Attendance must have saved my grade.

3/7/10

HIST150

He is awesome! I love his class. Lots of notes, but you won't fall asleep cause he is funny as hell! Test are short answer and essay but easy if you study your notes for like an hour the night before. I suggest taking a laptop for your notes. His class is mostly lecture, not a lot of class involvement. Definitely take as history gen ed if possible!

12/8/09

HIST150

I Had Sandow for Amer History 1. He was very good. I had some sudden schedule changed and did well to help me out. He is very entertaining and cracks little jokes that keeps the class interested. Never seen him get mad or lose temper. Watch Out though. Tests are essays so be ready for them. So if you're a good writer, this guy is for you.

6/9/08

HIST345

Great Teacher. He is extremely helpful and will help anyone. His class is not boring and his powerpoints are great, with good pictures. I have taken him 2 times and am taking him again in the fall. He is so smart and funny in a dr. sandow way. I have never heard anything bad about him. I would highly recommend him. His tests are very fair.

3/2/08

hist201

Sandow is AMAZING. I've had him for several classes, and have enjoyed him everytime. He is very funny and intelligent, and makes sure you actually learn something, which is the point of the class. Take him if you like history, avoid him if you need a gen ed.

2/9/08

HIST210

He was an ok professor make sure you read the book, I usually averaged a C on every test. He gives you a lot of things to study and not very many of them are on the test, pick out what is important by the amount of time he stays on a topic, this will help a lot I did really well on the final.

HIST201

He is an alright professor. His tests are really hard and he takes WAY to long to return tests. He doesn't tell you how you are doing in the class at all. He lectures really fast and it gets really confusing.

HIST201

Dr. Sandow is a good professor. He really knows his information. His tests are really hard though. You really have to study. He is always willing to help you though.

HIST201

great teacher really know's his stuff. test are some what hard have to study for them. good teacher to take if you are looking for a history class.

12/17/06

HIST203

A very reading and writing intensive class for a 200 level. The text book is pretty boring and you had to read it. He took forever to return things so you had no clue how you were doing in the class. You had to type a total of five papers, one of them was a 10 page paper, and only had one test.

11/1/06

HIST302

I had Dr. Sandow for Civil War History as well as US II. I took both classes simultaneously which is a huge help because they are IDENTICAL!!!!! Same notes, often same test questions. However, Dr. Sandow was the best professor I had at Lock Haven. He teaches the Civil War as though he lived through it.

More History professors at Lock Haven University