Mauricio Marroquin at Los Angeles Valley College

Mauricio Marroquin

Number of ratings 119 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/23/11

MATH105

MY comment is kinda late considering that he's retired now, but to me, this teacher was one of my favorite math teachers. Some folks say he's a little hard to understand, or gives too much hw (which he does), but for some reason I understood the material he gave out and wanted to learn more. He just believes that you can do better!

1/28/11

Math112

I will Never forget when He told two top students who asked him for help and not to rush through chapters that he had a "quota to fulfill" Which was more important to him than his students learning and understanding. A horrific experience. Any teacher that is more concerned with rushing through chapters than a student reaching out is NOT a TEACHER

9/1/10

math125

he is a nice proffesor but he gives a lot of homework if you dont like to do hw dont enroll in his class , he is also very strict with attendance but if you have an emergency just talk to him and he will understand. Very good teacher if u do all the hw and ask questions and go to the lab

6/9/10

mathmath

He knows what he is doing. there is lots of homework which is good.I never ask him questions because he made me feel like i was dumb.he did to everyone else. can't use the phone . even if u want to check the time.the people that got a good grade was because they were taking it for a second time. well, i think he retired already.

5/20/10

Math125

Ha!Should have listened to the warnings about A LOT of homework. If I hadn't had some of this stuff back in the day in high school I would possibly have cried myself to sleep. But he is hilarious in his own way, treating us like he believes we can do better than we think, possibly knowing we don't get it yet. It's a recommend with homework warning!

3/6/10

Math115

Best math teacher I've ever had, one of the best teachers I've ever had, period. I am truly sad I will not be able to continue with him after this semester.

3/2/10

Math125

Here's a simple mathematical equation: Don't skip class + do your homework + study + ask questions = A. Works for me every time. I happen to think he's a great teacher but I get A's whether I like profs or not.

2/15/10

Math125

He is an awesome professor. If you are accustomed to being spoon fed, rather than taught, you may not want to take him. Lots of HW, which pays off (if u do it). We are all adults, so he treats his students like it. He's a bit aggressive, but clearly knows what he's doing. I recommend him, if you're willing to EARN a good grade!

11/25/09

mM

A very, very rude teacher, very sarcastic! teaches in his own way and doest want you to do it any other way. Grades very hard, and gives ALOT of homework, evryday, every week.

11/21/09

MATH112

Best math teacher I've had. I think people rate him low because he assigns a lot of homework and is not an easy grader. grow up!

11/8/09

Match125

He makes learning math a pain. You're more worried about him embarrassing you or complaining that you don't know than your grade. TONS of HW, every odd every day. Jumps around in the book a lot. If you aren't writing every second, he will yell at you. If you don't bring your book, he will yell then too. Take somebody else!!

10/26/09

math1388

this is a very bad teacher I would not recommend him

10/22/09

math125

best math professor ever!!

8/31/09

Math115

OMG he gives so much homework and if u have something to ask, he'll make u feel so dumb! DONT TAKE THIS CLASS IF U DONT WANNA FAIL! trust me! ive talked to everybody who has taken him and majority says he's the worst, and the few that like him avoid the abvious answer!

8/11/09

math115

Horrible teacher. He probably paid for any positive reviews. His explanations are unclear and it is obvious he doesn't care about student comprehension. He gave one "A" in the entire class and a large number of students dropped because of his apathy. I enjoy math but hated his class. Take any other teacher.

7/13/09

MmAa112

He made it easy for me to understand math. I can fairly say he is the best math professor I had. He loves what he does and he loves to help his students. Because of him (his teaching style/strategy) I am not intimidated with numbers anymore.

7/6/09

math115

he is a great professor. will not move on until ALL questions have been answered. he does give hw almost everyday and it's a lot of work, but if you have questions he will answer them thoroughly. i really hope to be able to get into his class the upcoming semester

7/5/09

math125

there is a lot of homework in this class! i would stay p every night until 4am doing it! i wouldn't recommend this class if you have other hard classes in your schedule and if you work full time! he rushed the last chapters and made it very hard in the final.

6/29/09

Math105

There were way too many people in his class, and I could not make out his english. He went too fast and did not explain well.

6/13/09

Math113

He loves to see his students in class, taking notes. Lots of homework & assigns the odd problems of the section learned. Homework is extra credit, but strongly recommended to pass each test. No calculators allowed, but he does grade on a curve. Going to tutoring in math lab is essential. Nice man with character, integrity and a good sense of humor.

More Mathematics professors at Los Angeles Valley College