in Los Angeles Valley College that teach Mathematics Edit
Mauricio Marroquin
at Los Angeles Valley College, Valley Glen, CA
are you Mauricio Marroquin?
1.9

11/23/2011
good
MATH105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

MY comment is kinda late considering that he's retired now, but to me, this teacher was one of my favorite math teachers. Some folks say he's a little hard to understand, or gives too much hw (which he does), but for some reason I understood the material he gave out and wanted to learn more. He just believes that you can do better!

01/28/2011
Math112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I will Never forget when He told two top students who asked him for help and not to rush through chapters that he had a "quota to fulfill" Which was more important to him than his students learning and understanding. A horrific experience. Any teacher that is more concerned with rushing through chapters than a student reaching out is NOT a TEACHER

09/01/2010
math125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

he is a nice proffesor but he gives a lot of homework if you dont like to do hw dont enroll in his class , he is also very strict with attendance but if you have an emergency just talk to him and he will understand. Very good teacher if u do all the hw and ask questions and go to the lab

06/09/2010
mathmath Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He knows what he is doing. there is lots of homework which is good.I never ask him questions because he made me feel like i was dumb.he did to everyone else. can't use the phone . even if u want to check the time.the people that got a good grade was because they were taking it for a second time. well, i think he retired already.

05/20/2010
good
Math125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ha!Should have listened to the warnings about A LOT of homework. If I hadn't had some of this stuff back in the day in high school I would possibly have cried myself to sleep. But he is hilarious in his own way, treating us like he believes we can do better than we think, possibly knowing we don't get it yet. It's a recommend with homework warning!

03/06/2010
good
Math115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best math teacher I've ever had, one of the best teachers I've ever had, period. I am truly sad I will not be able to continue with him after this semester.

03/02/2010
good
Math125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Here's a simple mathematical equation: Don't skip class + do your homework + study + ask questions = A. Works for me every time. I happen to think he's a great teacher but I get A's whether I like profs or not.

02/15/2010
good
Math125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is an awesome professor. If you are accustomed to being spoon fed, rather than taught, you may not want to take him. Lots of HW, which pays off (if u do it). We are all adults, so he treats his students like it. He's a bit aggressive, but clearly knows what he's doing. I recommend him, if you're willing to EARN a good grade!

11/25/2009
mM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

A very, very rude teacher, very sarcastic! teaches in his own way and doest want you to do it any other way. Grades very hard, and gives ALOT of homework, evryday, every week.

11/21/2009
good
MATH112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Best math teacher I've had. I think people rate him low because he assigns a lot of homework and is not an easy grader. grow up!