in Missouri State University that teach Mathematics Edit
at Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
are you Mark Gann?

08/12/2011
good
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher, explained things very clearly. Didn't overload on homework.

04/27/2011
good
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took him Fall 2010 so I don't know if he's still there. He gave practice problems which appeared on his exams, which were easy. The department final was IMPOSSIBLE, however. His teaching style is unique: he tells you what NOT to do and then shows you the correct way. I liked this guy. Don't be rude to him because he can be rude back.

03/29/2011
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not a bad guy, just not the greatest teacher. He seemed to pose everything as a question and that made it hard for me to understand. I usually had to just try and figure out what was going on from the book. His explanations did nothing for me. I spent a lot of time at the bear claw

12/22/2010

Do the homework and rework the homework problems before the tests. All problems from tests are taken directly from the homework. Gives EC for attendance and other projects. Kinda confusing, but willing to help. If you are rude to him, he will be rude back, be prepared.

06/01/2010

Super boring! I really dreaded coming to this class and I had to force myself to stay awake. His lectures were confusing and it seemed like he taught everything different from what I had already learned. He likes to tell you how not to do a problem before he shows you the right way. He also erases things and rewrites and confuses himself. Rude

04/26/2010
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Extremely boring, I didn't learn hardly anything from him, had to go to BearClaw tutoring just as much as I went to class to learn anything.

11/20/2009
good

I don't usually like math teachers, but he was great. He may seem confusing when teaching, but that's the whole point. Pay attention, then piece it together by doing book problems. Doesn't take long. It's all in practice. His style is great. He gives some bonus and the tests aren't too bad. He's a very easy grader for a math teacher. He's alsofunny

08/08/2009
good
MTH121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I found him to be focused and easy to understand. He is friendly and helpful in class and during his office hours. Some people give him low grades here but I think most of that has more to do with the subject he teaches rather than with him as a teacher. Attend ALL the classes and do ALL the homework and you'll get a good grade.

05/09/2009

NO! Do NOT do it. Stay FAR, FAR away! He makes it a point to insult students who do not understand. I can't ask questions beause I'm scared of him. I'm going to fail this class because of this teacher. I went to every class, got a tudor, did every homework, and STILL wont pass.

04/21/2009

Not to hard, but doesn't explain very good. Tests aren't terrible

04/08/2009

I can tell he knows what he's talking about, however he doesn't know how to convey his message in a classroom setting. He has a monotonous voice and mostly just write problems on the board without explaining. I would advise against taking this class with him. I asked a question to clarify something and he made me look like an idiot.

01/21/2009
mth135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible! I'm gonna fail this class! He doesn't care. He mopes around and mumbles. I don't understand what he's talking about 90% of the time. Do NOT take him!

12/05/2008
math103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Study and pay attention in class. i have attended every class, but i just can't seem to stay focused. i advise you know math well enough before you take him. he funny and nice, but i have yet to see a lot of extra credit. and sadly, attendance is not counted as a grade for during the semester i took his class.

11/17/2008
good
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is easy and his test are very easy

04/02/2008
good

Not a bad teacher, explains things thoroughly. He seems to hate calculators and anyone who likes them. but gives quite a bit of extra credit

03/23/2008
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT TAKE HIM! I'm not good at math but I did everything I could to do well in his class. I went to his office for help, hired a tutor, went to the math lab, everything! (and he knew that) and still gave me an F even though he knew I understood the material. I re-took MTH 135 with Gay Ellis and received an A. Trust me.

12/06/2007

His voice is like a lullaby.He is nice but doesn't explain things well. Only take him if you are a math wiz and don't even need explanations. He gives a lot of extra credit!

04/24/2007
good

Overall, pretty decent teacher. He shows alternate ways of doing things and lets your pick whatever method you like best. He's the least picky math teacher I've ever had. If you don't understand something, be sure to speak up or ask him after class. He's really helpful. Test problems come straight from the textbook assignments, so do them.

01/13/2007
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is VERY confusing and gets WAY off subject all the time. He repeats the same things over and over, but unfortuantely, the things he repeats are not on the test. I often went in for help, and he would give me the answer without really explaining it, which did not help. He does give lots of extra credit, though.

01/02/2007
good
MTH135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Overall, I thought he was a decent teacher. He does tend to get off topic a little bit and he will tell your exactly what he thinks of the math department, but I thought he did a good job with the class. The final was insanely hard, but it was a departmental final, he didn't make it. If you show up to class and do the work you will be fine.