in University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) that teach Journalism Edit
at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV), Las Vegas, NV
are you Mary Hausch?

08/17/2014
good
jour 214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

I love Mary! She's very straightforward and expects a lot out of you, but she's a fair grader and is always willing to help. I take as many JOUR classes with her as I can. Mary Hausch is literally everything I want to be in life.

03/11/2014
jour 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She talks a lot about nothing relevant. I don't think she's actually had anything to do with journalism for quite some time. Old stories. She's overrated.

11/07/2013
good
jour 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

love her! great teacher. get on her good side she will write you letters of recommendation. best person to know in Las Vegas for a professional career. I never bought the book she refers to it in class but you can always follow along. majority of the time we have interesting conversations

06/10/2013
good
JOUR 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a very fun class. Lectures were very interactive and never boring. Be prepared to defend your arguments because Mary loves playing devil's advocate. There are 4, 2 page essays and a 5-7 page term paper. She always responds to emails quickly and is very clear about what she expects for assignments. No final if you have perfect attendance.

06/08/2013
good
JOUR 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mary is awesome, and insanely knowledgeable. Perfect attendance means no final - the class is fun, so showing up shouldn't be an issue. The papers are easy, and you have an array of topics you can pick from. This truly is a class that the grade you get reflects the work you put in. She is a must take professor, I loved her!

05/12/2012
good
JOUR305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mary is amazing, her lectures were very interactive. She is very knowledgeable in her field, and made each class enjoyable. If you attend every class there is no final. You write four two page papers, one seven page paper, and have two quizzes that she reviews for the class before. Can't wait to take another one of her classes!

05/04/2012
good
Jour305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mary is the BEST professor I've ever had. She's AMAZING. She will help you out if you have trouble. She is the best professor at UNLV.

04/09/2012
good
Jour305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Before I took a class with Mary, I had heard she was an icon within Greenspun Hall. Now that I've had the absolute pleasure of being one of her students, I now know in my heart that her status as an icon is WELL deserved. If you do nothing else in Greenspun Hall, the one thing you MUST do is take a class with Mary. PHENOMENAL EDUCATOR.

03/14/2012
good
JOUR310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a tough cookie! In a good way. Like others said she tends to call students out, but its only out of love. Never be late. Never miss class. Perfect attendance = no final. She is very knowledgable, helpful, and understanding. I really enjoyed her class. You can tell she cares about her job, students, & UNLV. Great teacher!

05/29/2010
good
JOUR305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is great! Go 2 all classes & u don't have 2 take final. Don't b late. Really interesting but likes 2 pick on people, just don't take it seriously. If u don't read material it's ok bc she will recap in class.

12/27/2009
good
JOUR305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I had at UNLV. She showed me that journalism was right for me. She is very helpful and is a great teacher. Uses real examples that you can learn from. After this class, I went on to take JOUR 486 as well.

12/08/2009
good
cos300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took all Mary's classes. Who else brings in celebrities and politicians to class and lets the students interview? I never had a prof like her, wish more were as talented. Gifted educator.

12/07/2009
good
Jour305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

You have to, have to take Mary. She is definitely very helpful and the best professor teaching in Journalism. She is always there when you nee advice and places you in real-life scenarios. Make sure you attend the class but it's worth it. There is never a dull class with her.

08/02/2009
good
jour102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I've ever had at UNLV. I also took Media Ethics with her and she rocks! Makes you laugh too.

12/17/2008
good

Amazing teacher and extremely helpful. Her class is amusing and yet very applicable. Just pay attention and be honest in your papers and you'll have fun.

05/22/2008
good

I took professor Hausch for Media Ethics (JOUR 305) and I have to say..she is AMAZING! I loved her class...the last day of class I really did just want to give her hug and I wish I could take the class again! She is awesome and she cares! One of best professors I have had. Make sure to attend class!

08/23/2006
good
cos462 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best experiences in my collegiate career. Real life experience adds so much value to the education. Additionally, the level of expectation and coursework is not daunting and wasteful.

01/03/2006
good
Com 442 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mary might scare you on the first day but never fear, she's worth it! It's wise to get to know her. If she pushes you, it's because she thinks you have potential.

12/25/2005
good
COM 487 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mary's a great asset to anyone going on to work for a newspaper. Expect to do 400 level work and don't be late or miss class. I wish I had Mary for COM 442, a wealth of practical knowledge.

12/16/2005
good
Com 487 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's really easy, but surprisingly, her class IS interesting. If you don't miss any classes you don't have to take the final. Her high-pitched voice does get irritating after awhile and she always calls on the same people, but I still liked her class. It really makes you think about things in a different perspective.