Mary Hausch at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)

Mary Hausch

Number of ratings 35 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/11/14

jour 305

She talks a lot about nothing relevant. I don't think she's actually had anything to do with journalism for quite some time. Old stories. She's overrated.

11/7/13

jour 305

love her! great teacher. get on her good side she will write you letters of recommendation. best person to know in Las Vegas for a professional career. I never bought the book she refers to it in class but you can always follow along. majority of the time we have interesting conversations

6/10/13

JOUR 305

This was a very fun class. Lectures were very interactive and never boring. Be prepared to defend your arguments because Mary loves playing devil's advocate. There are 4, 2 page essays and a 5-7 page term paper. She always responds to emails quickly and is very clear about what she expects for assignments. No final if you have perfect attendance.

6/8/13

JOUR 305

Mary is awesome, and insanely knowledgeable. Perfect attendance means no final - the class is fun, so showing up shouldn't be an issue. The papers are easy, and you have an array of topics you can pick from. This truly is a class that the grade you get reflects the work you put in. She is a must take professor, I loved her!

5/12/12

JOUR305

Mary is amazing, her lectures were very interactive. She is very knowledgeable in her field, and made each class enjoyable. If you attend every class there is no final. You write four two page papers, one seven page paper, and have two quizzes that she reviews for the class before. Can't wait to take another one of her classes!

5/4/12

Jour305

Mary is the BEST professor I've ever had. She's AMAZING. She will help you out if you have trouble. She is the best professor at UNLV.

4/9/12

Jour305

Before I took a class with Mary, I had heard she was an icon within Greenspun Hall. Now that I've had the absolute pleasure of being one of her students, I now know in my heart that her status as an icon is WELL deserved. If you do nothing else in Greenspun Hall, the one thing you MUST do is take a class with Mary. PHENOMENAL EDUCATOR.

3/14/12

JOUR310

She is a tough cookie! In a good way. Like others said she tends to call students out, but its only out of love. Never be late. Never miss class. Perfect attendance = no final. She is very knowledgable, helpful, and understanding. I really enjoyed her class. You can tell she cares about her job, students, & UNLV. Great teacher!

5/29/10

JOUR305

She is great! Go 2 all classes & u don't have 2 take final. Don't b late. Really interesting but likes 2 pick on people, just don't take it seriously. If u don't read material it's ok bc she will recap in class.

12/27/09

JOUR305

Best teacher I had at UNLV. She showed me that journalism was right for me. She is very helpful and is a great teacher. Uses real examples that you can learn from. After this class, I went on to take JOUR 486 as well.

12/8/09

cos300

I took all Mary's classes. Who else brings in celebrities and politicians to class and lets the students interview? I never had a prof like her, wish more were as talented. Gifted educator.

12/7/09

Jour305

You have to, have to take Mary. She is definitely very helpful and the best professor teaching in Journalism. She is always there when you nee advice and places you in real-life scenarios. Make sure you attend the class but it's worth it. There is never a dull class with her.

8/2/09

jour102

Best teacher I've ever had at UNLV. I also took Media Ethics with her and she rocks! Makes you laugh too.

12/17/08

Jour305

Amazing teacher and extremely helpful. Her class is amusing and yet very applicable. Just pay attention and be honest in your papers and you'll have fun.

5/22/08

JOUR305

I took professor Hausch for Media Ethics (JOUR 305) and I have to say..she is AMAZING! I loved her class...the last day of class I really did just want to give her hug and I wish I could take the class again! She is awesome and she cares! One of best professors I have had. Make sure to attend class!

8/23/06

cos462

One of the best experiences in my collegiate career. Real life experience adds so much value to the education. Additionally, the level of expectation and coursework is not daunting and wasteful.

1/3/06

Com 442

Mary might scare you on the first day but never fear, she's worth it! It's wise to get to know her. If she pushes you, it's because she thinks you have potential.

12/25/05

COM 487

Mary's a great asset to anyone going on to work for a newspaper. Expect to do 400 level work and don't be late or miss class. I wish I had Mary for COM 442, a wealth of practical knowledge.

12/16/05

Com 487

She's really easy, but surprisingly, her class IS interesting. If you don't miss any classes you don't have to take the final. Her high-pitched voice does get irritating after awhile and she always calls on the same people, but I still liked her class. It really makes you think about things in a different perspective.

12/1/05

COM 487

All I have to say is amazing! You learn so much without having to read thousands of books and without having to write too much. She is so easy going but has her limits--Don't be late and don't miss class!! :)

More Journalism professors at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)