in College of William and Mary that teach English Edit
at College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
are you Eva Burch?

01/29/2008
good
ENG212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is one of the most inspiring teachrs I've ever had. She loves her subject and inspired me to love it as well. Her critique sessions were very helpful and I ended up having an A in the class. Enough said.

07/30/2007
ENGL212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Plays faves (I was one) and ignores other students. Spends too long praising past students and pays little attention to current ones. Unhelpful in conferences, since she rarely reads the student's work, and rarely answers questions or concerns. My classmates were more helpful than her. The final grade was the FIRST grade she gave out!

07/01/2007
ENGL206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had her freshman year. I never went to class and still got a B-. She was a weirdo though...

05/31/2007
good
Eng365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Okay, y'all are trippin'. True, Burch does ramble and true, it is student run class, but if you do the work then you're going to get an A. It's just that simple. Besides, everyone needs a candy class every now and then. This class rings with sweetness. Conclusion: If you need a boost to your GPA and you enjoy writing, then this is the class for you

05/14/2007
ENGL369 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Burch is honestly the worst professor I have had in my experience as an english major. I can only echo the comments of others: she rambles and plays favorites and does absolutely nothing to help creative writers. If you have a choice between her and another prof, always choose the other one.

01/26/2007
engSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Her two-hour "lectures" consist entirely of rambling, mostly unfinished stories about Brad Pitt or where her friends go clothes shopping or whatever other half-formed thoughts pop into her head, but never, at any point, does she actually teach or instruct. The only thing we learned about writing is that she is very bad at it. Avoid at all costs.

09/06/2006
ENG212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wow, not very nice or fun.

05/14/2006
ENG 369 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The woman is flighty, incoherent, and has a penchant for public humiliation. She expects things to be catered to her personal tastes, not a writer's individual preferences or style. Classes were agonizing and something I dreaded each week. Grade-wise, though, it was easy. Write something, anything at all, and you can get an A-.

03/27/2006
eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

has problems, but her classes are the best eng classes i've ever had. can actually help you in significant ways.

01/05/2006
ENG 467 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Burch is the most rambling professor on the planet: trying to follow her lectures is like trying to grasp a quantum-physics discussion after licking a hallucinogenic toad. Still, you gotta love her: she obviously loves screenwriting, and one-on-one she gives a lot of valuable input. She's also appreciably laidback on an otherwise strung-out campus.

12/18/2005
ENG 368 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Definitely plays favourites, and her comments on writing aren't really that helpful. She tends to make references that have no relation on what you wrote, and then expect you to see what she means by them. Easy grader, though; you don't even have to meet the supposed minimum page requirement each week. Prepare to be ignored if she doesn't like you.

12/13/2005
ENGL 369 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took creative writing, not what I expected but still good. You BABIES, stop whining that she is mean. The woman has opinions, this is POETRY, and her comments are meant to rile you up, get you motivated. Very disorganized and some of the homework is redundant but will be very helpful during office hours should you choose to make the most of it.

12/04/2005
Eng. 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really love creative writing, but I loathe this class. Luckily, I was one of her favorites, but she still didn't help me much. She makes the class do all these pointless assignments, and the class is very disorganized. She can be mean, condescending, and rude. An easy, but painful A.

08/19/2005
Eng 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

04/25/2005
English 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took the poetry creative writing class and she was pretty easy. You pretty much had to come to class and read your poetry and you got an A-. I would recommend that class for the GER 6. She was kind of a b**** at times though.

10/16/2004
ENG 465 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I went into the class thinking that I would really get a chance to improve my writing, instead, I got Burched. She is rude, she does pick favorites, and the "help" she provides is something akin to an intellectual anal probe. RUN AWAY! RUN AWA

06/01/2004
Eng 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

She's completly psycho. She picks her favorites and doesn't really care much about the rest of us. I dreaded coming to this class, and the only redeeming quality was that I got an A-. Very painful way to get GER 6.

04/13/2004
good
eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

While she can be confusing at times, Burch tells you straight out what is wrong with your work and how to make it better. if she wasnt straightforward i would never be able to improve my writing and now i am getting a book published because of her.thanks

04/13/2004
Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

She is unclear and unhelpful in her comments. It is easy to make an A in the course but a lot of pointless work is involved.

12/26/2003
Eng 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

She did not provide helpful insight. There was no depth or clarity to her comments. She was rude and did not provide any explanations to her grading system. She made us do a ton of work for a two credit class. Don't take it!