in Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus that teach Biology Edit
Professor in the Biology department
at Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus, Palm Bay, FL
12/05/2014
good
BSCC 1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-
"Participation matters" "There for you" "Gives good feedback"

I highly recommend taking the hybrid course! All you have to do is turn in labs (that aren't that hard at all, they are really fun) and turn in the online test. You are bound to get an A or B if you do well and turn everything in. This teacher is a pure sweetheart and very loving teacher. I just wish she was my Bio teacher in High School!

11/20/2014
good
1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Tests? Not many" "Tests are tough" "Lectures are long"

As long as you turn in all your assignments, you'll still pass. It's hard to pass tests, though. (I didn't get a grade higher than a 68 all semester but still ended the semester with a high B.) She was a really nice & helpful teacher, I'd take her class again! Plus, you don't even need the biology book because she teaches out of the course outline.

11/03/2014
good
BSCC 1010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Gives good feedback" "Clear grading criteria"

Extremely helpful and uses an outline that WILL help you TREMENDOUSLY. She offers extra credit opportunities that get you points on the test. I highly recommend her for anybody. One of the best teachers I've had.

10/30/2014
good
GEN BIO Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B
"Tests are tough" "Gives good feedback"

She is a very sweet Woman. Test are tough but you can still pass her class. She lets you retake labs till you get a 100% as many times as you want online ! Also She has her own notes manual that way we wont have to buy a $ 200 textbook ! Also does a review game before every test , TAKE HER YOU WONT REGRET IT !

08/18/2014
good
OCBC2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I took the 6 wk. summer hybrid course in Marine Bio. It's fast paced w/lots of field work. It is easy to get behind so stay on top of the HW. Great for a hands-on learner so this class was perfect for me. Ms. Phillips is very knowledgeable and explains things very well. A 6 wk. course was ambitious but probably my favorite course to date at EFSC.

08/15/2014
good
OCBC-2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Sue has to be one of the best, most caring teachers ever. I took her for Bio 2 and Marine Bio and I can not come up with one negative thing to say. She uses a lot of field work to teach lessons to her classes so if you do not like the outdoors then you may want to take another teacher. If you have the will to learn she will teach you all she knows.

11/01/2013
good
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Shes super sweet and a great teacher! She actually makes the lectures interesting and engaging and is helpful in lab. I would definitely recommend her for Biology :)

10/31/2013
good
BSCC 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a GREAT teacher. I love the Gameshow Review, which gives you around 18 out of 50 questions on an exam.

10/31/2013
good
BSC 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although I will admit the class is tough and it may require more study than other classes would, Ms. Phelps does a very nice job of keeping the class interesting. She also provide lots of extra credit and to drop one of the test at the end. So even if you bomb one of them, you can definitely pull off an A in the class.

04/12/2013
good
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's a great teacher. I highly recommend taking her. She gives a game show quiz which contains 18 of the 50 questions that will appear on the exams. You'll be prepared for the Lab Practical & you get extra points on the test if your team wins/come second in the game show quiz. PLEASE TAKE HER B/C I'VE HEARD COMPLAINTS ABOUT ANOTHER BIO TEACHER.

03/31/2013
good
BSCC 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She makes biology interesting to learn and she tries to give her students a chance to pass. The outline has everything so there's really no need for the book. Definitely do the exam reviews in the outline to help study for tests.

01/02/2013
good
BSCC1011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CLASSES. Took her Hybrid Bio 2 class. It was awesome! As long as you keep organized of course. Her labs were fun, field trips were the best!, and she prepared you 100% for the lab practicals- no surprises! Just study! Join Environmental Club too! It's a lot of fun and you get to go on more trips =D!!

07/31/2012
good
BIO02B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Loved her

05/11/2012
good
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Phillips is an awesome teacher. I recommend recording the class and listening to it over because she talks fast if your not used to it. Also she will say stuff in class that is on the test. Do not buy the book. You don't need it. Lastly do all extra credit. She's a great teacher and you will actually learn about biology!

05/04/2012
good
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher! This is a tough subject but Professor Phillips really cares. By far, the best teacher I have had at BCC!

05/01/2012
good
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed this class. Got "C's" on all the tests and ended up with an "A" in the class she offeres big extra credit with volunteering. Fun teacher lab is EASY

04/27/2012
good

One of the best teachers i've ever had! She teaches and tests directly from the lecture notes you purchase at the bookstore. She is extremely helpful and very clear. Great teacher! I will definitely take her for other courses.

04/08/2012
good

Ms. Phillips is a college level teacher and she provides you with an outline and lecture notes. It is your responsibility to study. I really love biology and I work really hard in the this class to get an A on each test. The labs are fun and easy for the most part. She does give extra credit as well. I think she is a fair teacher.

03/14/2012
ABC024 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was complete chaos in my life. She doesn't teach at all, SHE DOESN'T TEACHHHH! Do not take her, it will kill your GPA majorly. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing comes up or stays in my head. Again Do not take her. Just don't. Only do the lab that's all if you want a low D (:

02/18/2012
BSCC1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took this teacher after a friend recommended her. I am a 4.0 student, and Biology is one of my best subjects. I struggled to do well. She doesn't tell you what to go over on the tests which are extremely hard, and the outline is useless. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT TAKE HER. FIND SOMEONE ELSE.