Susan Phillips at Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus

Susan Phillips

Number of ratings 77 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

8/18/14

OCBC2010

I took the 6 wk. summer hybrid course in Marine Bio. It's fast paced w/lots of field work. It is easy to get behind so stay on top of the HW. Great for a hands-on learner so this class was perfect for me. Ms. Phillips is very knowledgeable and explains things very well. A 6 wk. course was ambitious but probably my favorite course to date at EFSC.

8/15/14

OCBC-2010

Grade ReceivedA+

Sue has to be one of the best, most caring teachers ever. I took her for Bio 2 and Marine Bio and I can not come up with one negative thing to say. She uses a lot of field work to teach lessons to her classes so if you do not like the outdoors then you may want to take another teacher. If you have the will to learn she will teach you all she knows.

11/1/13

BSCC1010

Shes super sweet and a great teacher! She actually makes the lectures interesting and engaging and is helpful in lab. I would definitely recommend her for Biology :)

10/31/13

BSCC 1010

She is a GREAT teacher. I love the Gameshow Review, which gives you around 18 out of 50 questions on an exam.

10/31/13

BSC 1010

Although I will admit the class is tough and it may require more study than other classes would, Ms. Phelps does a very nice job of keeping the class interesting. She also provide lots of extra credit and to drop one of the test at the end. So even if you bomb one of them, you can definitely pull off an A in the class.

4/12/13

BSCC1010

She's a great teacher. I highly recommend taking her. She gives a game show quiz which contains 18 of the 50 questions that will appear on the exams. You'll be prepared for the Lab Practical & you get extra points on the test if your team wins/come second in the game show quiz. PLEASE TAKE HER B/C I'VE HEARD COMPLAINTS ABOUT ANOTHER BIO TEACHER.

3/31/13

BSCC 1010

She makes biology interesting to learn and she tries to give her students a chance to pass. The outline has everything so there's really no need for the book. Definitely do the exam reviews in the outline to help study for tests.

1/2/13

BSCC1011

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CLASSES. Took her Hybrid Bio 2 class. It was awesome! As long as you keep organized of course. Her labs were fun, field trips were the best!, and she prepared you 100% for the lab practicals- no surprises! Just study! Join Environmental Club too! It's a lot of fun and you get to go on more trips =D!!

7/31/12

BIO02B

Loved her

5/11/12

BSCC1010

Ms. Phillips is an awesome teacher. I recommend recording the class and listening to it over because she talks fast if your not used to it. Also she will say stuff in class that is on the test. Do not buy the book. You don't need it. Lastly do all extra credit. She's a great teacher and you will actually learn about biology!

5/4/12

BSCC1010

Awesome teacher! This is a tough subject but Professor Phillips really cares. By far, the best teacher I have had at BCC!

5/1/12

BSCC1010

I enjoyed this class. Got "C's" on all the tests and ended up with an "A" in the class she offeres big extra credit with volunteering. Fun teacher lab is EASY

4/27/12

BSCC1010

One of the best teachers i've ever had! She teaches and tests directly from the lecture notes you purchase at the bookstore. She is extremely helpful and very clear. Great teacher! I will definitely take her for other courses.

4/8/12

BSCC1010

Ms. Phillips is a college level teacher and she provides you with an outline and lecture notes. It is your responsibility to study. I really love biology and I work really hard in the this class to get an A on each test. The labs are fun and easy for the most part. She does give extra credit as well. I think she is a fair teacher.

3/14/12

ABC024

This class was complete chaos in my life. She doesn't teach at all, SHE DOESN'T TEACHHHH! Do not take her, it will kill your GPA majorly. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing comes up or stays in my head. Again Do not take her. Just don't. Only do the lab that's all if you want a low D (:

2/18/12

BSCC1010

I took this teacher after a friend recommended her. I am a 4.0 student, and Biology is one of my best subjects. I struggled to do well. She doesn't tell you what to go over on the tests which are extremely hard, and the outline is useless. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT TAKE HER. FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

1/6/12

BSCC1010

This class was intimidating to me since I had very little prior knowledge of Biology. I averaged a C for the tests but still pulled off an A thanks to labs and extra credit. There are a lot of ways to improve your grade but to pass the tests it requires a lot of studying. Copy the gameshow review questions and answers. Take pictures if you must.

11/14/11

BSCC1011

I enjoyed this class because it was very hands-on. I found the field trips to be very fun and helpful for learning the material. The exams are difficult but you are provided with an outline and review of each chapter.

10/27/11

BSC1101

She is an amazing teacher, who is dedicated to making biology interesting. She has a passion for it, therefore she knows what she is talking about and wants you to learn it also.She is not the easiest, you have to work for an A. Her Marine Biology class the greatest opportunity to learn outside of the classroom. Definetly take her!

10/16/11

BSCC1010

Easy class. Tests are your only grade. They aren't very hard. I got average grades on them but with the extra credit she offers I got an A. Easy class overall.

More Biology professors at Eastern Florida State College - Palm Bay Campus