Marjorie Wheeler-Barclay at Randolph College

Marjorie Wheeler-Barclay

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/31/12

HIST102

She is adorable. Don't worry if you take the class just for GenEd.She will helps you with everything. I always brought my paper to her for correction before handing in. She is willing to answer everything for test and exam. the lecture s were attractive with her humor. I love her :) sadly that i may not have class with her anymore

1/3/12

HIST101

There were roughly six textbooks used throughout the class, and we had to read ALL OF THEM. They weren't very interesting. Several papers. Each paper I wrote was graded with an A-, for pretty frivolous reasons. I strongly disagree with her grading system. Lectures were usually pretty boring, as well.

1/16/11

Hist102

I took five classes with her over my time at RMWC. Every class I had with her was amazing. She sticks to the same grading formula and testing formula for every class. Once you have that down you will have no trouble. She is always ready to talk to you if you have an issue. TAKE HER!

4/25/10

HIST102

She is amazing. I hated history before this class. Everything is interesting and she covers a lot.

8/23/09

HIST206

I love all her classes.

11/7/08

HIST205

I have had at least five classes with Professor Barclay, she is a wonderful teacher and a great person. She teaches her classes well and you come away feeling that you have truly learned something.

7/17/06

Excellent

2/2/06

HST 206, 210

A wonderful teacher! Her class is informative and engaging. She helps everyone, no matter what learning style they use, with literature, film, key words on the board, and understandable and interesting lectures. Definitely my favorite teacher at this college.

12/21/05

101 and 102

Thoroughly enjoyed both classes. She is an absolutely wonderful and engaging professor and really made history as fun as it should be. Her classes have led me to want to pursue history as a minor.

10/31/05

His

She is a fantastic hisotry professor, I've had her for 2 classes so far and I've adored each of them, she makes me glad history is my major, I love her classes and teaching style.

9/20/05

Histories...

I had Wheeler-Barclay for 3 classes, I think. It's been a long time. But I distinctly remember that I enjoyed learning about history for the first time in my life. I am still not a fan of the subject, but I can at least say that I now understand how history has affected the world. She was very helpful and her classes were always interesting. =)

9/9/05

History

I love(d) her classes; I've had her for three of them. She is one of the most wonderful professors that I've ever had!

8/29/05

hist102

very sweet. very easy to follow. very easy and not time-consuming course. reminded me of high school. which was fine, since i was just taking it for gen ed requirements and i had more than enough on my plate with other courses.

3/30/05

HIST

SHE IS THE NICEST SWEETEST BEST PROF EVER!!!!!!!!!

2/23/05

european hist

She is so knowledgable. SHe knows EVERYTHING. More than helpful. A lot of information provided in each lecture. Tests take a lot of time to study for, but questions are straightforward.

11/10/04

Brit His

I love this professor! She made me interested in a subject that I didn't initially care about. She gives key words and uses a lot of literature, film, and stories to illustrate her points. Her lectures are some of the easiest to follow! Course requires work, but getting a good grade is easy.

4/22/04

Rater Interest

true passion for subjects, which shows in lectures. always willing to listen.

4/5/04

Euro Hist

Rater Interest

She's an outstanding professor- very clear lectures- she even gives you keywords! Tests and papers are very straightforward. Although it's easy to do well, getting that "A" requires effort. Incorporates a lot of film and literature.

2/24/04

Hist

Rater Interest

The best professor on campus! Enthusiastic and organized lectures, high student involvement, do-able assignments.

11/8/03