in Randolph College that teach History Edit
Marjorie Wheeler-Barclay
Professor in the History department
at Randolph College, Lynchburg, VA
are you Marjorie Wheeler-Barclay?

05/31/2012
good
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is adorable. Don't worry if you take the class just for GenEd.She will helps you with everything. I always brought my paper to her for correction before handing in. She is willing to answer everything for test and exam. the lecture s were attractive with her humor. I love her :) sadly that i may not have class with her anymore

01/03/2012
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

There were roughly six textbooks used throughout the class, and we had to read ALL OF THEM. They weren't very interesting. Several papers. Each paper I wrote was graded with an A-, for pretty frivolous reasons. I strongly disagree with her grading system. Lectures were usually pretty boring, as well.

01/16/2011
good
Hist102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took five classes with her over my time at RMWC. Every class I had with her was amazing. She sticks to the same grading formula and testing formula for every class. Once you have that down you will have no trouble. She is always ready to talk to you if you have an issue. TAKE HER!

04/25/2010
good
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is amazing. I hated history before this class. Everything is interesting and she covers a lot.

08/23/2009
good
HIST206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love all her classes.

11/07/2008
good
HIST205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have had at least five classes with Professor Barclay, she is a wonderful teacher and a great person. She teaches her classes well and you come away feeling that you have truly learned something.

07/17/2006
good
HIST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent

02/02/2006
good
HST 206, 210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A wonderful teacher! Her class is informative and engaging. She helps everyone, no matter what learning style they use, with literature, film, key words on the board, and understandable and interesting lectures. Definitely my favorite teacher at this college.

12/21/2005
good
101 and 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Thoroughly enjoyed both classes. She is an absolutely wonderful and engaging professor and really made history as fun as it should be. Her classes have led me to want to pursue history as a minor.

10/31/2005
good
His Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a fantastic hisotry professor, I've had her for 2 classes so far and I've adored each of them, she makes me glad history is my major, I love her classes and teaching style.

09/20/2005
good
Histories... Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Wheeler-Barclay for 3 classes, I think. It's been a long time. But I distinctly remember that I enjoyed learning about history for the first time in my life. I am still not a fan of the subject, but I can at least say that I now understand how history has affected the world. She was very helpful and her classes were always interesting. =)

09/09/2005
good
History Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love(d) her classes; I've had her for three of them. She is one of the most wonderful professors that I've ever had!

08/29/2005
good
hist102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

very sweet. very easy to follow. very easy and not time-consuming course. reminded me of high school. which was fine, since i was just taking it for gen ed requirements and i had more than enough on my plate with other courses.

03/30/2005
good

SHE IS THE NICEST SWEETEST BEST PROF EVER!!!!!!!!!

02/23/2005
good
european hist Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is so knowledgable. SHe knows EVERYTHING. More than helpful. A lot of information provided in each lecture. Tests take a lot of time to study for, but questions are straightforward.

11/10/2004
good
Brit His Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I love this professor! She made me interested in a subject that I didn't initially care about. She gives key words and uses a lot of literature, film, and stories to illustrate her points. Her lectures are some of the easiest to follow! Course requires work, but getting a good grade is easy.

04/22/2004
good
HIST Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

true passion for subjects, which shows in lectures. always willing to listen.

04/05/2004
good
Euro Hist Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

She's an outstanding professor- very clear lectures- she even gives you keywords! Tests and papers are very straightforward. Although it's easy to do well, getting that "A" requires effort. Incorporates a lot of film and literature.

02/24/2004
good

The best professor on campus! Enthusiastic and organized lectures, high student involvement, do-able assignments.

11/08/2003
good
Hist 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A