Traci Sachteleben at Southwestern Illinois College

Number of ratings 46 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/12/14

psych101

Grade ReceivedA+

One of the best teachers I've ever had. If you do the work it is impossible not to learn. She makes you use your own independent critical thought to understand the topics by writing about them in your own words, which can be hard~some don't like that. I thought it was a great class and She's by far tops out of the psych dept. here. Great Teacher

5/8/14

Psych 151

Grade ReceivedB+

Hard class but a good teacher. She helps her students and her lectures are not that confusing. Her tests are hard, but she gives you a study guide with everything on it. She also lets you use your notes on some tests. I liked her.

3/15/14

PSY151

Probably the worst teacher I have ever had. She is hard and she doesn't always explain well. She is suppose to be teaching to undergraduates and she acts like we are graduate students. Her test are ridiculous and you can try and study all you want but she gives you 40 mins to take a test that should take you 2 hours. She lets you use your notes sometimes and but she pulls the questions from the test out of her ass so you can't ever find the answer. I do not recommend her.

1/22/14

Im in her class now, I love her. And she actually works hard to get her students to understand. She knows her stuff.

12/10/13

Psych 251

Traci's lectures are very psychology vocab based. Word choices were confusing for others that were taking the course. She gives you an booklet at the beginning of the semester. Most quizzes and exams are based on the book. Read your chapters and pay attention in class, and you will do fine. She is really fun and great to chat with.

11/21/13

PSYC 151

She's really nice and funny at times. Her lectures can be a little confusing at times but as long as you read the text and do the study guides you should be fine.

11/19/13

psych 101

She is SO hard to understand! She talks around the subject. And she expects you to just automatically understand what she means. You have to teach yourself by reading the text book, but she also throws in her own questions that are not in the book. WORST TEACHER I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!

11/4/13

Psych 210

I loved this class & this teacher for Psych 210 !! Study the study guide for exams.

11/1/13

PYSCH 101

She's a very nice person, but her lectures are often confusing. You need to read the textbook to learn in the class. On her tests, you need to read the questions several times to understand what she means.

8/19/13

PSYC-251

Traci is a very nice person, down to earth, but her exams are no picnic! However, if you do the assignments they pay off plus she drops the lowest test grade and does offer extra credit!

7/31/13

PSYC101

I love Tracy even though I failed her class because I thought it was hard! Her tests are killer if you don't listen but she's funny cute and is awesome in general knows what she's doing

7/26/13

PSYCH 153

I'm shocked to see negative reviews here. She gives you every opportunity to succeed in this class. You have to do the work, if you do, an A shouldn't be a problem. SHE PROVIDES DETAILED STUDY GUIDES FOR EVERY TEST! If you don't use them or complete them....it's your fault. I plan to take every class I can with her.

5/15/13

Psyc 210

The class was very hard to take online very time consuming. The tests were very difficult to figure out what the correct answers are.

4/6/13

Psychology 151

She is hard to understand. She bounces around thought to thought. No Homework really but some worksheets - about things she never mentioned or taught. Nice teacher but you will learn nothing. To pass her class OR her tests it's all self taught. I busted my butt for my B and even had to use success center. Expects you to read her mind on tests..

12/16/12

Psyc210

Do NOT take this teacher for an online course! I just finished taking her Psyc 210 course online and she was completely USELESS! She still hasn't graded either essays (due in september and november) and the final is over. I am still unsure of what my final grade is. I tried to email her, call, and leave voice mails and got nothing in return. AWFUL!

12/11/12

PYSCH153

I just finished one of her online courses and this is the worst teacher I have ever had in my life. Things have not been graded, I have called, left voice mails, emails etc. And she has never returned any. DO NOT TAKE THIS TEACHER!!!!!

11/19/12

PSYCH210

I'm in her online class this semester and have been thoroughly disappointed in the lack of communication by the teacher. None of us know what's going on, even those of us who contacted the head of department and other school resources. I wonder if something serious happened. How are her in-person classes doing?

11/7/12

Psyc210

I take online classes all the time and love them. Well all exept this one. I am still currently in the class and haven't heard from her once! I have called her 4 times and left voicemails and written her about 6 email and never heard any reply back. She never grades anything in a timely manner. I DO NOT advise anyone taking her. Horrible teacher!!!

11/6/12

PYSCH210

This was my first online class and probably my last because of this teacher. She never replied to emails and she took forever to grade to grade our work.

9/3/12

PSYCH151

She teaches as if this is not an entry level Psychology class! I'm not going for my PhD and I am pretty sure I pay you to attend your class and be TAUGHT about Psychology not to teach myself everything!

More Psychology professors at Southwestern Illinois College