in Chapman University College that teach English Edit
David Foster Wallace
at Chapman University College, San Diego, CA
are you David Foster Wallace?

01/28/2009
good
engl001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

extremely helpful course

01/04/2009
good
Eng427 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's an unbelievable teacher.

10/12/2008
good
LIT101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Along with Scott Indrisek, DFW is the finest teacher I have ever had.

10/23/2006
good
psyu201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Good book. Easy quizzes, make sure to study his notes.

02/09/2006
good
Various Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took all the classes I could from this man. He will ABSOLUTELY make you a better writer. Caring, approachable yet formidably intelligent, passionate about what he does. Very highly recommended, if you are serious about fiction and writing.

12/19/2005
good
Eng 247 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Honestly the best creative writing professor to have. You will definately know where you stand as a writer when he is done with you. He criticism is harsh, but it is honest and that is what you need to improve. Also, he is incredibly funny. It amazing jsut to sit there and watch him work things out in his head and try to expain it to the class.

11/21/2005

11/16/2005
good
eng 164A (adv) Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he talks about himself too much?? i can't imagine anything FURTHER from the truth. he severely reprimanded a kid in my class who tried to bring up some of his books. anyway, phenomenal writing teacher with unparalleled advice. go not for fame but because he's darling, fascinating, and incredibly right-on about writing. work hard or waste your time.

09/28/2005
good
Creative Writin Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I've ever had. Conscientious and caring. Amazingly insightful and focused. Years later, I still come back to what I learned in his classes.

09/15/2005
good
CW Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He really cares about helping his students to improve, and I learned a lot from him. Because he's pretty eccentric, his reactions to emotional elements of stories and essays can be kind of mind-boggling. Exhaustingly brilliant, very demanding, definitely worth it if you're serious about writing.

09/10/2005
good
literary essay Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

while people can complain about DFW's teaching style. I've never had a prof. put so much effort toward each student's learning. he is a brilliant writer and hardworking teacher. he is tough as**** and can hurt students' feelings, but all that he does is for the students' benefit. Only those with fragile egos don't like him.

09/10/2005
good
non-fiction Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

09/06/2005
good
cr writing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I could listen to him talk for days. He's brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

05/22/2005

04/20/2005
Cr Writing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

02/13/2005
good
writin' Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

David Foster Wallace is not for everyone -- but he's a trip! He's like no one else you'll ever meet! He's flawed but overall? Great! Dave F. Wallace rocks! He's the David O. Russell of professors!

02/02/2005
Cr Writing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

DFW sucks. Completely narcissistic. He failed to give constructive feedback since he was so busy going off on tangents about himself/his own writing.

01/31/2005
101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

10/30/2004
good

Yeah, it really sucks having the best writer of his generation teaching us writing. And yeah, it sucks having him talk all class. Why can't he just be quiet so we can sleep. I.e.: he's a super, idiosyncratic prof. A great opportunity for exposure to a fascinating mind. Get some stones, dorktoasts.

10/21/2004
Cr Writing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A