in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Communication Edit
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Linda Lapointe?
C+

09/24/2014
0490 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you're late she makes you stand outside for 20 minutes or longer for a class you're paying for! Her hand writing is illegible on the papers she gives back to you, so you don't know what she wants. We once spent the whole class listening to music on YouTube. She does not teach you anything new. She did not help me improve my writing skills.

06/15/2014
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

You have to do the work and show up for class or you will get behind on assignments. Comp I is a college level class, if you have a difficult time with grammar and spelling it may be harder for you. She handwrites corrections on your papers that may be hard to read but ask her questions and she will help you. No tests but lots of writing.

04/09/2014
good
ENC 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B

I think Mrs. LaPointe is a very good professor, I took her comp 1, and 2 if you did not know how to write before her class, you will when the semester is over,I had a tough time, but I can write 100% better.Take her if you want to learn.She do not give you a grade you earn your graded.I found professor LaPointe to be very helpful,understanding.

03/07/2014
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

Terrible, Horrible, personality. Refuses to help when you ask. Treats most students with total contempt and disrespect. Intentionally goes out her way to let you know how worthless you are if you don't meet her idea of someone she likes. Very unprofessional, unaccommodating in any kind of way and totally none consistent about work review.

12/09/2013
good
LIT 2110-9 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mrs LaPointe is my favorite teacher at SPC. Her classes stress me out but they push me to do my absolute best. She's extremely helpful and cares about her students (the ones that actually care about her grade). This is my second time in one of her classes. I'll be sure to sign up for a third.

11/24/2013
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Super confusing. She would tell me she liked something, and the next that she hated it. Good instructor, she just stressed me out so much.

04/22/2013
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very unorganized. Got homework from the first week back in the 10th week of class. She bases the grade off 2 essays and a timed writing. Essays have to be completely revised perfectly for an A and she didn't give back my last essays to revise until there was 1 class left. Save yourself the stress and don't take this course.

01/03/2013
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

While she's not nasty, she is very disorganized and unclear. My biggest problem was her scribbled cursive handwriting and refusal to decipher it without an appointment in her office. She often doesn't show for her office appointments, which is frustrating. For students with cars and nothing else going on in their lives, she'd be okay for you.

12/15/2012
COMP1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She will make you work, if you're looking for an easy writing class this is not it. I learned so much about writing and keeping it formal. I think what I learned from this class was worth all the work.

12/14/2012
EnCmp1121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good instructor if you need help, don't bother emailing. Call or knock on her door. Writing assignment weren't bad, just wasn't interested. Said I was a good writer, good structure, glad to have me in her class. Keep everything she assigns, don't miss classes, and don't be afraid to ask for clarification.

04/23/2011
good
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

LaPointe is an awesome teacher. People really just are lazy and don't do her work. She gives such easy hw's just do them. People say she's so mean but she really isn't. She has a very sarcastic sense of humor and she really keeps the class fun. To pass her class all you have to do is actually try. It's an amazing class.

08/18/2010
good
eng2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Makes you thoroughly revise your essays, one is resezarch and one or two are analytical. Gets the best out of you. but you must work at it!

05/05/2010
good
enc1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Trust me, she's not nearly as bad as many students say she is. Get on her good side, get to class on time, do the homework, and listen to her when she's given the directions for the papers. If you do, you'll do just fine. She's a good teacher and very passionate about what she does. Take her if you want to learn how to write

12/17/2009
good
Lit1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I found it interesting that some people gave her such cruel comments. I have taken her for two seperate classes and I have no complaints. If you are the tyoe to want to just ease your way through a call it wont happen. Hard work will pay off. take the challenge. Yes you get homework and you must do many revisions but thats college!! she is great.

12/16/2009
good
COMP1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I recommend her to anyone that isn't going to cry when they have to do some writing. She helped make it clear to me that writing is something I love. She is very down to earth and makes you want to show up to class. My favorite Professor by far.

07/06/2009
good
ENC2102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She teaches you how to write. After you pass her class, you know how to write an essay. I took her for Comp I and Honors Comp II, she's amazing!If you are lazy and not interested in writing, don't take her, you will fail. I'm a math and physics person but I love writing, and I loved LaPointe. Extremely challenging.

05/02/2008
good
enc1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have always loved writing, but I didn't obtain any new techniques or learn anything new from this class. She's a nice lady and quite witty. The entire grade is based on a portfolio that has two major esssays and a timed writing. Late penalties will tremendously affect your final grade, she doesn't make that too clear.

12/16/2007
enc1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is terrible she will let you sit in her class all semester then fail you. she gives homework every class period and bases your grade on 2 papers she fails half her classes each semester do not take her. It doesnt matter if you go to her class each time it meets or that u turn in every assignment she will still fail u. heartless.

07/23/2007
good
enc1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

although i have heard so many students say she is a Bleep* but i think she was great as long as you behave!

12/18/2006
enc1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

two words...phoney dictator!