Linda Lapointe at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Linda Lapointe

Number of ratings 42 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

4/9/14

ENC 1101

Grade ReceivedB

I think Mrs. LaPointe is a very good professor, I took her comp 1, and 2 if you did not know how to write before her class, you will when the semester is over,I had a tough time, but I can write 100% better.Take her if you want to learn.She do not give you a grade you earn your graded.I found professor LaPointe to be very helpful,understanding.

3/7/14

ENC 1102

Grade ReceivedWD

Terrible, Horrible, personality. Refuses to help when you ask. Treats most students with total contempt and disrespect. Intentionally goes out her way to let you know how worthless you are if you don't meet her idea of someone she likes. Very unprofessional, unaccommodating in any kind of way and totally none consistent about work review.

12/9/13

LIT 2110-9

Mrs LaPointe is my favorite teacher at SPC. Her classes stress me out but they push me to do my absolute best. She's extremely helpful and cares about her students (the ones that actually care about her grade). This is my second time in one of her classes. I'll be sure to sign up for a third.

11/24/13

ENC1101

Super confusing. She would tell me she liked something, and the next that she hated it. Good instructor, she just stressed me out so much.

4/22/13

ENC1101

Very unorganized. Got homework from the first week back in the 10th week of class. She bases the grade off 2 essays and a timed writing. Essays have to be completely revised perfectly for an A and she didn't give back my last essays to revise until there was 1 class left. Save yourself the stress and don't take this course.

1/3/13

ENC1102

While she's not nasty, she is very disorganized and unclear. My biggest problem was her scribbled cursive handwriting and refusal to decipher it without an appointment in her office. She often doesn't show for her office appointments, which is frustrating. For students with cars and nothing else going on in their lives, she'd be okay for you.

12/15/12

COMP1102

She will make you work, if you're looking for an easy writing class this is not it. I learned so much about writing and keeping it formal. I think what I learned from this class was worth all the work.

12/14/12

EnCmp1121

Good instructor if you need help, don't bother emailing. Call or knock on her door. Writing assignment weren't bad, just wasn't interested. Said I was a good writer, good structure, glad to have me in her class. Keep everything she assigns, don't miss classes, and don't be afraid to ask for clarification.

4/23/11

ENC1102

LaPointe is an awesome teacher. People really just are lazy and don't do her work. She gives such easy hw's just do them. People say she's so mean but she really isn't. She has a very sarcastic sense of humor and she really keeps the class fun. To pass her class all you have to do is actually try. It's an amazing class.

8/18/10

eng2

Makes you thoroughly revise your essays, one is resezarch and one or two are analytical. Gets the best out of you. but you must work at it!

5/5/10

enc1101

Trust me, she's not nearly as bad as many students say she is. Get on her good side, get to class on time, do the homework, and listen to her when she's given the directions for the papers. If you do, you'll do just fine. She's a good teacher and very passionate about what she does. Take her if you want to learn how to write

12/17/09

Lit1102

I found it interesting that some people gave her such cruel comments. I have taken her for two seperate classes and I have no complaints. If you are the tyoe to want to just ease your way through a call it wont happen. Hard work will pay off. take the challenge. Yes you get homework and you must do many revisions but thats college!! she is great.

12/16/09

COMP1101

I recommend her to anyone that isn't going to cry when they have to do some writing. She helped make it clear to me that writing is something I love. She is very down to earth and makes you want to show up to class. My favorite Professor by far.

7/6/09

ENC2102

She teaches you how to write. After you pass her class, you know how to write an essay. I took her for Comp I and Honors Comp II, she's amazing!If you are lazy and not interested in writing, don't take her, you will fail. I'm a math and physics person but I love writing, and I loved LaPointe. Extremely challenging.

5/2/08

enc1101

I have always loved writing, but I didn't obtain any new techniques or learn anything new from this class. She's a nice lady and quite witty. The entire grade is based on a portfolio that has two major esssays and a timed writing. Late penalties will tremendously affect your final grade, she doesn't make that too clear.

12/16/07

enc1102

This professor is terrible she will let you sit in her class all semester then fail you. she gives homework every class period and bases your grade on 2 papers she fails half her classes each semester do not take her. It doesnt matter if you go to her class each time it meets or that u turn in every assignment she will still fail u. heartless.

7/23/07

enc1101

although i have heard so many students say she is a Bleep* but i think she was great as long as you behave!

12/18/06

enc1102

two words...phoney dictator!

7/17/06

Enc 1102

This was the worst possible teacher a college student could have. No help, No clarity, Nothing but a bad attitude. Im my opinion she should not be teaching.

8/3/05

ENC 1121H

If you do your work, all of it. then you will get an A. Her class is uniquely set up, to help with your final grade. I would suggest her. she is nice, but dont piss her off.

More Communication professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)