in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach Communication Edit
are you Linda Lapointe?
B+

06/15/2014
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

You have to do the work and show up for class or you will get behind on assignments. Comp I is a college level class, if you have a difficult time with grammar and spelling it may be harder for you. She handwrites corrections on your papers that may be hard to read but ask her questions and she will help you. No tests but lots of writing.

04/09/2014
good
ENC 1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B

I think Mrs. LaPointe is a very good professor, I took her comp 1, and 2 if you did not know how to write before her class, you will when the semester is over,I had a tough time, but I can write 100% better.Take her if you want to learn.She do not give you a grade you earn your graded.I found professor LaPointe to be very helpful,understanding.

03/07/2014
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

Terrible, Horrible, personality. Refuses to help when you ask. Treats most students with total contempt and disrespect. Intentionally goes out her way to let you know how worthless you are if you don't meet her idea of someone she likes. Very unprofessional, unaccommodating in any kind of way and totally none consistent about work review.

12/09/2013
good
LIT 2110-9 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mrs LaPointe is my favorite teacher at SPC. Her classes stress me out but they push me to do my absolute best. She's extremely helpful and cares about her students (the ones that actually care about her grade). This is my second time in one of her classes. I'll be sure to sign up for a third.

11/24/2013
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Super confusing. She would tell me she liked something, and the next that she hated it. Good instructor, she just stressed me out so much.

04/22/2013
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very unorganized. Got homework from the first week back in the 10th week of class. She bases the grade off 2 essays and a timed writing. Essays have to be completely revised perfectly for an A and she didn't give back my last essays to revise until there was 1 class left. Save yourself the stress and don't take this course.

01/03/2013
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

While she's not nasty, she is very disorganized and unclear. My biggest problem was her scribbled cursive handwriting and refusal to decipher it without an appointment in her office. She often doesn't show for her office appointments, which is frustrating. For students with cars and nothing else going on in their lives, she'd be okay for you.

12/15/2012
COMP1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She will make you work, if you're looking for an easy writing class this is not it. I learned so much about writing and keeping it formal. I think what I learned from this class was worth all the work.

12/14/2012
EnCmp1121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good instructor if you need help, don't bother emailing. Call or knock on her door. Writing assignment weren't bad, just wasn't interested. Said I was a good writer, good structure, glad to have me in her class. Keep everything she assigns, don't miss classes, and don't be afraid to ask for clarification.

04/23/2011
good
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

LaPointe is an awesome teacher. People really just are lazy and don't do her work. She gives such easy hw's just do them. People say she's so mean but she really isn't. She has a very sarcastic sense of humor and she really keeps the class fun. To pass her class all you have to do is actually try. It's an amazing class.