Jack Wegman at Santa Rosa Junior College

Jack Wegman

Number of ratings 161 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/1/14

econ 1a

most inspiring teacher ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/24/13

ECON 2

If you're looking for life lessons, look no further. However, look elsewhere for an Economics instructor. He soap boxes, and preaches often. He will go off on irrelevant tangents, and then test you on material he never covered. His teaching style is intimidating and unorganized. I'm not sure why he held in such high regard.

11/11/13

Econ 2

Wegman is the best teacher I have had at the JC. I have learned so much in his classes and actually enjoy learning the material. He is difficult, but if you read the book and really spend time studying the material you will do fine. He is always willing to answer questions and help during his office hours.

9/11/13

ECON2

Wegman the best instructor I've had at SRJC. He is clear, funny, helpful, and honest (sometimes brutally). He's not a fan of getting challenged by students. His tests are insanely hard. His best qualities as an instructor are his ability to entertain and motivate students. Enjoy your chili pepper Wegman.

8/22/13

ECON1

He is one of the best professors I've ever had. His class can be challenging if you slack off but he is good at teaching, very knowledgeable and helpful. If you do the work you will come out knowing a lot about economics as well as better understanding of how the world works. He is intense and eccentric but it works well for him.

5/27/13

Econ 1A

Wegman is a great teacher. Very hard class though. He is clear about his expectations, which are very high. Do not take his class if you are not prepared to work your butt off. Great information and conveyed with true conviction. He is a bit eccentric but it works in his favor for this class. Attend his study groups!Most helpful thing for his class

5/22/13

Econ 1

Wegman is a fabulous teacher! He is very easy to talk to about college issues and answers any question you have. The class is always inspiring yet difficult. Definitely need to read the txtbk for tough exams. Totally changed my mind about economics and I now understand the world much better!

5/10/13

Econ1

Wegman has great lectures and is passionate about the subject. Expect GPA related rants because he is involved with the transfer center i believe. I've received straight As all through college until this class. I received a C. Advice: read the text book THOROUGHLY because he does not write his own tests so class material is only half the test.

4/29/13

ECON 1B

Wegman is something else!He is a great instructor and cares deeply about ECON. I am an A student and got a C in his class because of the time constraints where the exams are concerned. An A is possible though. I struggled in his class but when Ben Bernanke speaks I understand every word he says and that is thanks to Wegman.

2/4/13

Econ2

Another spectacular professor at SRJC. He only asks that if you consider yourself a student, you act like one. Grading can be a little hard on blue books, but he is always, ALWAYS available to clarify ANYthing you may need help with. Engaging and intelligent. Grading is tough but fair- adjusted to account for this strict standards.

12/10/12

Econ2

He definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to Econ but I definitely don't agree with his grading style. He bases your grade solely on 4 exams. No credit given for homework (which you don't turn in) or attendance. Not a good class to take for someone who struggles with the subject.

10/17/12

ECON1

Just pay attention to what he has to teach you. very clear and helpful. I have to take both econ1&2 for my prerequisites. I was even scared before I take his class but i had no choice that I had to take econ with him. I have to say he changed my life and made me think about majoring in Economics! so Glad to have him before I'm transfering

6/24/12

ECON1B

AMAZING teacher!!! If you are the type of person to just be lazy and cruise by don't bother. He will teach you a lot if you are prepared to work hard

6/17/12

Econ1A

Unique would be an appropriate term to describe Wegman, hardly like any of my professors at my previous 4 year school, he can be downright rude intolerant and misinformed. Unfortunately he does have a monopoly on this class and for brief moments, if you buy into him, he can be quite a good teacher. If an Econ major I would recommend taking Econ som

5/25/12

Econ1a

All I can say is DON'T take this class unless you have too! He was a super great guy, and felt bad for me since I didn't even need this class, and helped boost me to a C.....

5/24/12

ECON1B

Very good teacher, cares a lot about his subject and how it applies to the real world. Not an easy A, but gets your ready to transfer anywhere in the state. This guy is a baller.

5/18/12

ECON1A

Wegman is a character. Pay attention. He has a lot of wisdom for young college students. He gets frustrated when politics is brought up as he teaches Econ theory. I thought he was tough, but I learned a lot. I found him to be very helpful both in and out of class. There are plenty of opportunities to succeed. Did not ANY see co-ed preferences.

2/26/12

Econ1A

Jack is a handful. His lectures are very bias and irrelevant. He is extremely conservative and bashful on liberal views. However he is hands down the best Econ professor at the JC. He is also really nice out of class. Didn't pick up the book and got a B. Could've gotten an A if I read. Overall you learn a lot of key knowledge. Take the class.

2/10/12

Econ1A

Must take this teacher before you leave the JC! He's one of the teachers you take and tell people he changed your life, I've heard it from multiple people and it ended up being true. Enjoy!

1/13/12

Econ1B

Great teacher with fun lectures. Nobody has mentioned his tests on here though. He doesn't write them so the wording on multiple choice tests can throw you off, but thats not even bad. The hardest part is managing time. Unless you can hand write essays super fast, you'll probably run out of time. Take his class for sure, just be prepared for tests.

More Economics professors at Santa Rosa Junior College