Rodney Coates at Miami University

Rodney Coates

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/7/14

EDL 110

He's so cool, he made the lectures so interesting and I really enjoyed them. I ran into a little trouble and he helped me out a lot. I'll remember this man forever, he's such a great guy and he's hilarious too.

10/26/10

soc348

He is an interesting person but he literally only talks about himself. The whole class is focused on him and his accomplishments. I think its awesome to be proud of your accomplishments and everything but he takes it too far.One time he actually held class long enough to read us a paper he wrote.He read us an entire dixie chicks song. Not recomende

3/3/10

Life101

I think Dr Coates is AWESOME...but I'm bias cuz he's my dad!

3/2/09

Soc348

Please keep comments clean. Libelous comments will be deleted. Guidelines He is very insensitive,do not explain things well, it's all about him and not the students and he fells to do his job as a professor

11/7/07

BWS151

Dr. Coates is all about encouraging 'CRITICAL THINKING'. He has a very untraditional approach to teaching and he often seemed unfocused/unorganized, but he motivated me to learn in a way no other professor has before. Highly recommended for serious scholars.

10/15/07

BWS151

At first i thought Coates was nuts. I fell behind in the reading immediately but then caught myself. I read each night and paid attention in class. I ended up getting an A+ on both exams and only lost three points due to a group presentation. I think he is an aquired taste but his teaching style is very easy. I would for sure suggest him for BWS!

4/7/07

SOC348

He fell below all of my expectations every class. He does not come preared but rather 'googles' every day for material on the web that he thought was relevant...I didn't learn anything! I was hoping for wonderful insight but the discussion that could have happened was cut short by his need need to interrupt every student. Stay away!!!

4/7/07

SOC348

I learned absolutely nothing in this class.In an upperlevel SOC class, I expect to talk about things that I have not learned about before, or at least go into more depth about what I already have.We used 2 horrible books in the class, and every discussion was the same.He interrupts students.He teaches without method/focus.Is smart, but can't teach.

10/4/06

BWS151

Very high expectations, a lot of heavy reading and class participation required

5/13/05

BWS

Wow, Dr. Coates is amazing. I looked forward to going to his class every week. He knows what he's doing, and does it right. He doesn't make the class easy, and will call you out if he knows you didn't read that day. In class, he is what a teacher should be. He was my favorite teacher ever.

4/14/04

BSW 265

easy class, easy-going guy

12/22/03

BWS 151

Rater Interest

Anyone who doesn't appreciate this class 1) Doesn't do the readings 2) Doesn't give a **** about learning something they don't already know. Dr. Coates may scare you demmand wise but any teacher who has a class average of 3.25 isn't hard. Awesome class

12/17/03

BWS

Rater Interest

These classes should be take by students who are interested in learning about themselves, and other cultures. Should be mandatory!!!

11/25/03

STAY AWAY!

Rater Interest

This is a very unhelpful and demeaning individual. Save yourselves from the torment!

10/27/03

Avoid All

Rater Interest

Still don't know what this class is about. Rodney needs to read the book before he teaches it, and a syllabus would have been nice. Democracy can kiss my ass.

More Ethnic Studies professors at Miami University

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!