in Miami University that teach Ethnic Studies Edit
at Miami University, Oxford, OH
are you Rodney Coates?

01/07/2014
good
EDL 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's so cool, he made the lectures so interesting and I really enjoyed them. I ran into a little trouble and he helped me out a lot. I'll remember this man forever, he's such a great guy and he's hilarious too.

10/26/2010
soc348 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is an interesting person but he literally only talks about himself. The whole class is focused on him and his accomplishments. I think its awesome to be proud of your accomplishments and everything but he takes it too far.One time he actually held class long enough to read us a paper he wrote.He read us an entire dixie chicks song. Not recomende

03/03/2010
good
Life101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I think Dr Coates is AWESOME...but I'm bias cuz he's my dad!

03/02/2009
Soc348 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Please keep comments clean. Libelous comments will be deleted. Guidelines He is very insensitive,do not explain things well, it's all about him and not the students and he fells to do his job as a professor

11/07/2007
good
BWS151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Coates is all about encouraging 'CRITICAL THINKING'. He has a very untraditional approach to teaching and he often seemed unfocused/unorganized, but he motivated me to learn in a way no other professor has before. Highly recommended for serious scholars.

10/15/2007
BWS151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

At first i thought Coates was nuts. I fell behind in the reading immediately but then caught myself. I read each night and paid attention in class. I ended up getting an A+ on both exams and only lost three points due to a group presentation. I think he is an aquired taste but his teaching style is very easy. I would for sure suggest him for BWS!

04/07/2007
SOC348 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He fell below all of my expectations every class. He does not come preared but rather 'googles' every day for material on the web that he thought was relevant...I didn't learn anything! I was hoping for wonderful insight but the discussion that could have happened was cut short by his need need to interrupt every student. Stay away!!!

04/07/2007
SOC348 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I learned absolutely nothing in this class.In an upperlevel SOC class, I expect to talk about things that I have not learned about before, or at least go into more depth about what I already have.We used 2 horrible books in the class, and every discussion was the same.He interrupts students.He teaches without method/focus.Is smart, but can't teach.

10/04/2006
good
BWS151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very high expectations, a lot of heavy reading and class participation required

05/13/2005
good
BWS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wow, Dr. Coates is amazing. I looked forward to going to his class every week. He knows what he's doing, and does it right. He doesn't make the class easy, and will call you out if he knows you didn't read that day. In class, he is what a teacher should be. He was my favorite teacher ever.

04/14/2004
good
BSW 265 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

easy class, easy-going guy

12/22/2003
good
BWS 151 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Anyone who doesn't appreciate this class 1) Doesn't do the readings 2) Doesn't give a **** about learning something they don't already know. Dr. Coates may scare you demmand wise but any teacher who has a class average of 3.25 isn't hard. Awesome class

12/17/2003
good
BWS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

These classes should be take by students who are interested in learning about themselves, and other cultures. Should be mandatory!!!

11/25/2003
STAY AWAY! Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

This is a very unhelpful and demeaning individual. Save yourselves from the torment!

10/27/2003
Avoid All Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Still don't know what this class is about. Rodney needs to read the book before he teaches it, and a syllabus would have been nice. Democracy can kiss my ass.