Dean Darris at Clackamas Community College

Dean Darris

Number of ratings 67 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/14/12

PS225

I took a class of his in fall term of 2009 and one back in 2010. His teaching style is above any I have ever come accross. He is a Remarkable human being. I've never entered ones class only to leave with them still with me. If it wasn't for taking his classes I wouldn't be the person I am proud to be today. I am so greatful! I hope he is doing well

11/9/11

POL101

Without a doubt the most incredible Professor I have ever had. His dedication to civic education is honorable-a true public servant. I was unsure of what direction I wanted to go upon returning to college, and had been told by the Community College not to set my sights to high. Thankfully, Dr. Darris didn't take that same approach. Excellent Prof.

11/3/11

PS206

Dr. Darris is with out doubt the best professor I have had the opportunity to study under. His approach and teaching style are unparallelled by any other at the college to date. His non-biased think for yourself style was very much appreciated, as I had expected to get just the opposite. He really made you form your own opinion and belief.

10/21/11

PS201

Man, I miss Darris. His classes were more than simply a poli sci class, they were life-changing classes and his talent for teaching is simply beyond the imagination of those who were never lucky enough to experience one - hope he comes back!

10/8/11

PS201

He knows his politics. He's been in the military, and has experience as a spin doctor, so his knowledge is legitimate. If you want to learn and be challenged, take his class. It isn't a nice little debate class where you learn about democrats and republicans- he is an actual professor, so be prepared to have your views changed.

6/7/11

PS101

2/18/11

PS201

I took ps-201 to 203 online and enjoyed them very much! As long as you keep up on the reading the class should be a breeze.

1/14/11

PS206

a friend told me to take Dr. Darris' political theory class and I am very happy I did. The. Best. Class. and. Teacher. Period. Amazing experience both for my college success and life in general - great group of peers, too. simply couldn't be better; thank you, Dr. Darris

12/25/10

PS2xx

Brilliant, inspiring, amazing at fostering discussion, always willing to explain things outside of class. Not easy, but requirements are clear.

10/29/10

PS225

Unbeilvable insturctor - how can anyone know so much about so many things? can be a bit depressing, but in good way. plus Darris has a great sense of humor, best class i've ever had

10/19/10

PS225

Professor Darris hits the nail on the head everytime he discusses something. Amazing instructor.

10/2/10

PS201

I don't get what that person before me is talking about! I learned more in the first two days of class than I have ever learned in another class. He gives info on all sides of the issues and is SO inspiring. He makes you want to do whatever you can to make the world better and become an informed citizen. Great teacher :-)

5/21/10

PS205

I highly respect Dr. Darris he always has a moment to speak with me and he seems genuinely interested in what I have to say. He is encouraging, but not falsely. He is very knowledgeable in his field which encompasses many things, he also makes you feel like you can make a difference and encourages you to make that difference.

4/19/10

PS202

From all of Dr. Darris' classes, you'll walk away with truly important knowledge that you can use in your daily life! I have taken a few classes with him and will continue taking as many more as I can (and Political Science isn't even my major).

4/19/10

PS203

This guy is awesome. Why people gripe about him is beyond me. He is an amazing professor and really cares about his students being educated citizens. more teachers should be like him :)

4/13/10

PS202

He made me passionate about politics. So far my favorite class/teacher at ccc.

3/27/10

ps206

Best teacher ever! CCC is lucky to have Dr. Darris. I will be taking all of his classes. Everyone needs to take at least one class to understand why everyone loves him - his classes will change your life!

3/7/10

PS202

I have taken many of this mans classes, they are very interesting. Dean is bar none the best professor I have ever had. Anyway, I feel the information I have learned from taking Dean's Political Science classes is something every single American should know. I highly recommend any of his classes (or at the very least his 202 class), to anyone.

2/26/10

POL202

Best Instructor at CCC

2/18/10

HIST202

Although I only read 2 negative comments, I am baffled there were any at all. I have never met a person more passionate and knowledgeable about what he teaches. This class should be MANDATORY towards any degree.

More Social Science professors at Clackamas Community College