in Tidewater Community College that teach English Edit
Patricia Richardson
at Tidewater Community College, Virginia Beach, VA
are you Patricia Richardson?
F
1.2

10/23/2014
100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader"

She's rude, sarcastic and horrible with feedback. She'll make you feel stupid for asking a question but then expects you to be confident when asking. Really hard grader. If you don't write to the very edge of the page, she doesn't consider it a full page.

09/24/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader" "Get ready to read"

Mean and rude. You can't ask a question without feeling stupid for asking it. SHe wants you to be confident in your answers but questions you on every answer you give. Regret taking her class 100.

09/03/2014
English112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: D

It was difficult to ask questions without feeling the instructor would penalize my actions. After requesting to meet with the instructor, time and effort went void because she applied that college level students should be able to figure things out on their own.

06/06/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The following is strictly my own subjective opinion of the professor: If William Shakespeare came back from the dead and took this class, he would receive a low grade. I don't care how good your writing skills are. If you take this class, you will receive a low grade. If you even pass this class that would be a great miracle.

04/22/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Be ready to teach yourself. Read and take notes from the textbook outside of class, so you can ask questions, otherwise, you'll be lost. Her grading is tough, and I think a little too extreme.

01/13/2014
english 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is extremely hard and you need to be ready to teach yourself my best advise is to show up to her class on time and also try best on your paper. Nobody in my class got a C or higher in her class. I received a D in her class I was perfectly happy with that

12/11/2013
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By far the WORST teacher I have ever had. Very vague in explaining assignments- I even came to her to discuss a paper with her for 40 minutes and she left me even more confused. During that same discussion, I aksed about my grade and she was of no help. She ALSO failed to make it available on Blackboard for our class to submit our FINAL EXAM!!

12/07/2013
eng 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This woman has a heart of stone with ice water pumping through her veins. Bitter towards the students, made one girl cry, purposely doesn't answer questions, grades way too strictly considering she doesn't teach us ANYTHING. One of our in class assignments: make a list of the qualities a genuine person holds, then read them out loud. what???

12/03/2013
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I wish I had read these comments before I signed up for her class because after reading all of them; except for one who rated her fair, I can relate. One issue is If you ask her for help its useless she specifically says I can't help you.

11/26/2013
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is terrible! makes you write 5 page papers on the SYLLABUS. her methods of teaching are so old school. do not take her if you want to pass!

11/06/2013

She is a terrible professor who does not teach you anything. Mean and rude to her students. Please, do not take this class!

11/06/2013

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor! Do not take her!

11/06/2013

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor I have ever met! Do not take her!

10/31/2013
ENG 111 D83B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am regretting not knowing about this site before taking this instructor. I had early warning for example when she says the first day "I am not here to teach you, just review what you already know." She avoids answering questions directly. Very degrading and and constantly on the defense. Mkes the class very tense throughout the session.

05/07/2013
Eng111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you like a scavenger hunt, she would be the best teacher for you. She uses other university websites as insturctional material, instead of teaching.

04/04/2013
EGN 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't recommend her class 100%. Her grading style is so crazy and not a good response for emails.

12/19/2012
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely no help at all.

12/05/2012
eng131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Do yourself a favor and take all the reviews here to heart; they are all true. Worst class I've ever attended. Her lectures are just sitting in class listening to her talk off the top of her head. Her teaching is very poorly structured. No transparency with her grading. Trying to understand how you were graded on a paper is a total mystery.

11/13/2012
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I honestly don't know whether she wants me to pass or not. I am a poor writer, and this class has not helped me at all. I have less confidence now than when I started the class.

11/12/2012
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took Ms. Richardson for online English 111, this was my first college class ever and I left with a very bad taste. Don't expect any leniency for emergencies, she won't care. Not a great teacher at all.