Patricia Richardson at Tidewater Community College

Patricia Richardson

Number of ratings 119 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/6/14

ENG 111

The following is strictly my own subjective opinion of the professor: If William Shakespeare came back from the dead and took this class, he would receive a low grade. I don't care how good your writing skills are. If you take this class, you will receive a low grade. If you even pass this class that would be a great miracle.

4/22/14

ENG 111

Be ready to teach yourself. Read and take notes from the textbook outside of class, so you can ask questions, otherwise, you'll be lost. Her grading is tough, and I think a little too extreme.

1/13/14

english 111

This professor is extremely hard and you need to be ready to teach yourself my best advise is to show up to her class on time and also try best on your paper. Nobody in my class got a C or higher in her class. I received a D in her class I was perfectly happy with that

12/11/13

ENG111

By far the WORST teacher I have ever had. Very vague in explaining assignments- I even came to her to discuss a paper with her for 40 minutes and she left me even more confused. During that same discussion, I aksed about my grade and she was of no help. She ALSO failed to make it available on Blackboard for our class to submit our FINAL EXAM!!

12/7/13

eng 111

This woman has a heart of stone with ice water pumping through her veins. Bitter towards the students, made one girl cry, purposely doesn't answer questions, grades way too strictly considering she doesn't teach us ANYTHING. One of our in class assignments: make a list of the qualities a genuine person holds, then read them out loud. what???

12/3/13

ENG 111

I wish I had read these comments before I signed up for her class because after reading all of them; except for one who rated her fair, I can relate. One issue is If you ask her for help its useless she specifically says I can't help you.

11/26/13

ENG 111

She is terrible! makes you write 5 page papers on the SYLLABUS. her methods of teaching are so old school. do not take her if you want to pass!

ENG111

She is a terrible professor who does not teach you anything. Mean and rude to her students. Please, do not take this class!

ENG111

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor! Do not take her!

ENG111

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor I have ever met! Do not take her!

10/31/13

ENG 111 D83B

I am regretting not knowing about this site before taking this instructor. I had early warning for example when she says the first day "I am not here to teach you, just review what you already know." She avoids answering questions directly. Very degrading and and constantly on the defense. Mkes the class very tense throughout the session.

5/7/13

Eng111

If you like a scavenger hunt, she would be the best teacher for you. She uses other university websites as insturctional material, instead of teaching.

4/4/13

EGN 111

I don't recommend her class 100%. Her grading style is so crazy and not a good response for emails.

12/19/12

ENG111

Absolutely no help at all.

12/5/12

eng131

Do yourself a favor and take all the reviews here to heart; they are all true. Worst class I've ever attended. Her lectures are just sitting in class listening to her talk off the top of her head. Her teaching is very poorly structured. No transparency with her grading. Trying to understand how you were graded on a paper is a total mystery.

11/13/12

ENG111

I honestly don't know whether she wants me to pass or not. I am a poor writer, and this class has not helped me at all. I have less confidence now than when I started the class.

11/12/12

Eng111

I took Ms. Richardson for online English 111, this was my first college class ever and I left with a very bad taste. Don't expect any leniency for emergencies, she won't care. Not a great teacher at all.

11/9/12

ENG111

She is a horrible professor. She's rude to the entire class and isn't helpful towards anyone who may need it. She gives you strict guidelines for every essay, but fails you anyway even if you follow them to the T. Her grading is unfair and unclear. She gives class participation grades, but it's very difficult to participate in her class.

10/31/12

Eng111

If you are cool with having to teach yourself even though we pay lots of money for the proffessors to try to help in anyway then she's good for you. Oh and you can't make mistakes it will cost you.

10/31/12

Eng111

I would'nt recommend her to anyone that needs assistants with learning. If you cool with doing work without teaching. And you arent human because you can't make mistakes. Then you may want to take her.

More English professors at Tidewater Community College