in Tidewater Community College that teach English Edit
Patricia Richardson
at Tidewater Community College, Virginia Beach, VA
are you Patricia Richardson?
D
1.2
11/20/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Participation matters"

TCC has got to do something about this instructor. Almost every student has been to the dean to review her and get help. She is heartless, shows no sign of help, has no will to help students pass, and her grading is just down right ridiculous. I have yet to have a passing grade for an essay & no hope is showing in the future. DO NOT TAKE HER CLASS

11/16/2014
Eng111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader"

Vague in explaining assignments, horrible feedback on assignments, crazy grading. Participation matters but it is very difficult and uncomfortable to do so, the air is usually thick. She doesn't teachlecture , it is as though this is below her. I wished I knew about this site before I took her class. This is clearly just a paycheck to her

11/13/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Participation matters" "Tough Grader" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I took Ms. Richardson hoping for an easy A in Eng 111, which I did not receive. The class is hard and she is very unclear. I took almost all of my essays to her for review before I turned them in, and I would still receive grades of 70-78 %. (Many times I would have the highest grade in the class.) I would not recommend this class.

11/11/2014
D41B Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Skip class? You won't pass." "Get ready to read" "Tough Grader"

She keeps all the original papers you write, but gives you copies. The previous teachers I had gave back the originals. She has you sign a documentation that you have received the copies of your papers and assignments. She is picky about the paper you use for some reason the paper has to be 8.5 by 11" which is not in the requirements.

10/23/2014
100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader"

She's rude, sarcastic and horrible with feedback. She'll make you feel stupid for asking a question but then expects you to be confident when asking. Really hard grader. If you don't write to the very edge of the page, she doesn't consider it a full page.

09/24/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader" "Get ready to read"

Mean and rude. You can't ask a question without feeling stupid for asking it. SHe wants you to be confident in your answers but questions you on every answer you give. Regret taking her class 100.

09/03/2014
English112 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: D

It was difficult to ask questions without feeling the instructor would penalize my actions. After requesting to meet with the instructor, time and effort went void because she applied that college level students should be able to figure things out on their own.

06/06/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The following is strictly my own subjective opinion of the professor: If William Shakespeare came back from the dead and took this class, he would receive a low grade. I don't care how good your writing skills are. If you take this class, you will receive a low grade. If you even pass this class that would be a great miracle.

04/22/2014
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Be ready to teach yourself. Read and take notes from the textbook outside of class, so you can ask questions, otherwise, you'll be lost. Her grading is tough, and I think a little too extreme.

01/13/2014
english 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This professor is extremely hard and you need to be ready to teach yourself my best advise is to show up to her class on time and also try best on your paper. Nobody in my class got a C or higher in her class. I received a D in her class I was perfectly happy with that

12/11/2013
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By far the WORST teacher I have ever had. Very vague in explaining assignments- I even came to her to discuss a paper with her for 40 minutes and she left me even more confused. During that same discussion, I aksed about my grade and she was of no help. She ALSO failed to make it available on Blackboard for our class to submit our FINAL EXAM!!

12/07/2013
eng 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This woman has a heart of stone with ice water pumping through her veins. Bitter towards the students, made one girl cry, purposely doesn't answer questions, grades way too strictly considering she doesn't teach us ANYTHING. One of our in class assignments: make a list of the qualities a genuine person holds, then read them out loud. what???

12/03/2013
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I wish I had read these comments before I signed up for her class because after reading all of them; except for one who rated her fair, I can relate. One issue is If you ask her for help its useless she specifically says I can't help you.

11/26/2013
ENG 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is terrible! makes you write 5 page papers on the SYLLABUS. her methods of teaching are so old school. do not take her if you want to pass!

11/06/2013

She is a terrible professor who does not teach you anything. Mean and rude to her students. Please, do not take this class!

11/06/2013

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor! Do not take her!

11/06/2013

She is a Terrible, Horrible, and Awful professor I have ever met! Do not take her!

10/31/2013
ENG 111 D83B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am regretting not knowing about this site before taking this instructor. I had early warning for example when she says the first day "I am not here to teach you, just review what you already know." She avoids answering questions directly. Very degrading and and constantly on the defense. Mkes the class very tense throughout the session.

05/07/2013
Eng111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you like a scavenger hunt, she would be the best teacher for you. She uses other university websites as insturctional material, instead of teaching.

04/04/2013
EGN 111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't recommend her class 100%. Her grading style is so crazy and not a good response for emails.